Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi just lost out by 3% for gmp so i want to transfer results has anyone else done this and been successful. Im thinking merseyside cheshire or west yorkshire.
-
hey guys, i have my PIRT and interview for the specials in 2 days, and i am getting very nervous.. i know that i am quite good in interview however i have never taken part in a competencies interview before. i can suffer with nerves quite a lot if i am not confident enough that i am going to be able to pass. my partners mother is also in the specials, and she says that im going to be fine, however she joined 10 years ago when there wasnt any tests or nasty interviews, so now my partner thinks that im just being silly and that i shouldnt be so nervous. arrrgghhhhh!!!!! :smiley_vomit: please help, does anyone know what i can do to stop my nerves thanks
-
can someone please give me a short list of what these abreviations mean....i know or can work most of them but a short list of some used would be great. many thanks
-
- 4 replies
- 818 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Filled out my application form and stuff now.... where do I email it too? it just says return it to completed applications email but no actual email addy?? any help please!
-
- 33 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hiya, Been trying for a while to get an application for either the met, or Surrey police - does anyone know when Surrey police are planning to open recruitment, or have experience applying with them? Thanks for any help!
-
Hello there, im quite new to the site, but have found it very informative. I recently passed my a/c and i believe the next stages are the vetting, security checks and fitness test. Does anyone know what the "vetting procedure" involves? Thank you.
-
Hey, I'm due to start on the 29th of June and have been looking at boots. What boots are the ladies on this forum going on? I have seen a few other topic's about boots but can't seem to find one's small enough for me (I'm a size 5 which i know isn't too small, but still struggling). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Snelly
-
- 8 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I have sent my applicaation on the 24th Feb, had Assesment centre on the 19th May and was rejected on the 19th June. When can I re-apply? They say it is after 6 months but is the 6months from the date of your application (24th Feb) or the date of your rejection (19thJune)? Who has similar issue? Many thanks
-
Hi i got sent letter yesterday confirming ive been offered day1 interview in september, and a huge pile of about 6vetting/details forms that i have to fill in. However on the letter that they sent they say 'Please complete and return the candidate registration form ONLY in the envelope provided. If we dont recieve candidate registration form within 10days of the date we sent the letter to you we will withdraw your interview and terminate your application. But theres no mention of where you are meant to post all the various vetting forms.. Do you send the whole pile of forms all back together?? Or do you just send the 1 they specified, and bring the vetting ones al…
-
Got my home interview for L&B next week, are there specific things I should know or ask? Any advice would be great. ta
-
Hello All. First post on here. I sent my application form off to Sussex Police on Monday (due date tomorrow Fri 6th March). Fingers crossed i've done a good job of it. Does anyone know how long it takes to mark etc and when I can expect to hear anything? Thanks in advance
-
Hi I have my medical on wednesday. I recieved some more forms to fill in this week that i must take with me. In the pack there was some information on the drug testing. It says they take some hair samples! Between 50 and 100 pieces per sample!! Is this a new thing as i have a friend who has just joined GMP and she only had to give a urine sample?? Just a little peeved about having some of my hair cut out ha ha. Just wanted to know if other people had had it done too.
-
-
- 38 replies
- 25.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello All, This mainly refers to Met people, but anyway, how long from when your references were taken and then received by the Met did you wait to get the 'official call' to tell you you were in and confirmation of start date and starter pack sent out? All contributions will make interesting reading. Al
-
Just thought I'd start this topic so we can all keep track on each other's progress! I am desperately hoping to start in August (another four months of my current job would be torture!) and just wondered if anyone has been offered a place on the intake yet? I had a call from recruitment last week asking if they coudl contact my current employer, and my boss has already sent the reference back. Does anyone else know if that is one of the last things they ask for?
-
Hi all, I passed my Day 1 yesterday and have my Day 2 on 6th August and was wondering if i pass this when will i start training? Chomping at the bit now! I know vetting takes 6 weeks and there are no issues in my family, my dad is in the RAF and was vetted 2 years ago as well with no issues. Also I only have 2 references to be taken which will not be a problem either. I was hoping late October, early November but have heard people talking about March time!!!! Anyone have any idea?
-
- 5 replies
- 447 views
- 1 follower
-