Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. cat162
    Started by cat162,

    I just had a phone call from recuitment confirming I passed my interview last night for specials and now have my medical on the 22nd July. Yippee I can't wait :biggrin: Thank you to everyone who has helped. Cat

    • 5 replies
    • 181 views
  2. doran
    Started by doran * ,

    Please excuse my anonymous posting as i have posted here many times before.. I am planning to apply to the MET Specials soon. But I am concerned about the drug test that the MET do at application. Last week I took an unprescribed valium to help with sleep, after having an awful weekend trying to convince my partner life is worth living and to help his suicidal thoughts. In the morning I realised that I shouldnt have done it as it could impact my application to the police. Is valium a banned substance for application? Should I just wait 3 months and have a hair cut before the drug test (if I get that far on application) Have I ruined my chances with the Specials? …

  3. Ladyonamission
    Started by Ladyonamission,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone here can offer some advice on working as a single mum in the MDP. I am currently going through the application process and have my medical hopefully next month - just waiting for letter to confirm. Do the MDP have a support network/service where you can talk to people who are single parents or peole that can offer advice on schools/childcare etc? I am sure I cant be the only one!! But dont know where to start to talk to people in a similar situation as me really - any tips or advice would be great. Thanks

  4. ChloeEmma
    Started by ChloeEmma,

    can anyone give me some examples of... *community and customer focus *effective communication *personal responsibilty *resilience *respect for race and diversity i have my interview with sussex specials in 2 days thanks... please answer even if your not really sure

    • 9 replies
    • 443 views
  5. rfc
    Started by rfc,

    Hi Everyone, I am an IPLDP in the Met, approaching 6 months on borough and loving it. I'm getting married next year (and getting on) and I have started thinking about what my options are when I finish my probation. There are lots of possibilities that appeal to me and I'd love to find out some more information. As far as I'm aware once I finish my 2 years I'm free to apply to transfer to another department or take my skippers exams. If I stay on team I'll be eligible to go for my IRV course but this ties me to the borough for years and would prevent me from applying to other jobs outside my borough (but I could still apply for borough robbery squad, BSU etc) Does any…

  6. sgt3918
    Started by sgt3918,

    Does anyone have their assessment 11th or 12th July?

    • 10 replies
    • 375 views
  7. Jonesy1235
    Started by Jonesy1235,

    can't wait got my start date for west yorkshire police on 12th october, very excited but have a couple of questions..... i currently live in middlesbrough so i am going to have to move before i start and wonderd will i have to have the area i move to pre- approved before i move? and when will you find out what division of your force you will be based at. i know my 2 year probation is split between the training school and a university and a placement division, just wonderd when i would find out where it is cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 950 views
  8. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    Right i have a few questions about how the day will unfold. Mines on the 30th july for Sussex and im a nervous wreck already! First thing ... what should i wear, being a female , i want to present a professional image so what is the best thing to wear. Secondly, is it one of these things were your being assessed all day, so for example howyou interact with other candidates etc? Thirdly, do i need to take anything with me accept my passport? Lastly, How long is it till you get the results? Thanks for the help in advance! =]]

    • 9 replies
    • 746 views
  9. aperry812
    Started by aperry812,

    Hello everyone, I passed my medical on the 17th, when should i ring recruitment to ask the usual questions? I have heard that they are not very helpful? do i just stick it out for a month or so or shall i ring them after a week or two? obviously i want answers but will i get any if i phone them soon? maybe im just getting ahead of myself if anyone can help please do?????? thanks andy

    • 1 reply
    • 586 views
    kslyons1546620518
  10. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    hi I am curious as to how many either are back squaded (back classed) or leave Hendon (either resign or get chucked out) whilst training? I am hoping that its not a lot. Is there plenty of support if you are struggling? JOHN

  11. bigmack
    Started by bigmack,

    Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone can help me with this query. I noticed when I filled out my application online the word count has increased from last year,ie 120 words is now 250 words. Does this mean we can write upto 250 words or write the minimum of 250 words ? I am hoping its upto the word count,if I am wrong then I may have failed the paper sift. Thanks for any replies I may get in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 321 views
  12. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    I just wanted to find out what any current probationers/officers' experience of the running test in riot gear was. I was told at my information evening that we have to run 500m in 2 minutes 40seconds in full gear when we do OST. I'm not a good short distance runner but train at a track regularly and know that for me to run it in that time in weighty gear is going to be very tough. Have any of you done this test before? How heavy/bulky is the riot gear? If you can't do it do you get back-classed? Any tips?

    • 1 reply
    • 929 views
    Anthony Smith
  13. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    Hiya! Quick question: how long does it normally take to find out if you've passed the medical? I went for it an took the questionnaire back home to get get the Dr to sign it. Sent it back and its been 16days now?? Should i worry...i've passed everythin so far and just waiting for this, vettin and refs. thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 280 views
  14. alfiecat
    Started by alfiecat,

    Hi anyone know the A/C pass rate for staffs? Did mine on 07th July and just waiting for the results. Am hoping I got through but very bored of waiting now xx

    • 5 replies
    • 264 views
  15. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    HI All, Still can't believe i've crossed the finish line...it's only really starting to sink in now (got the call thursday 2nd) Big thanks to anyone who took the time to post their advice, comments and experience on the GMP recruitment process - i got a lot from this forum: it's been invaluable!! So...who's joinming the rookie ranks with GMP and attending the Induction evening on the 21st???

    • 32 replies
    • 2.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.