Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. warren1981
    Started by warren1981,

    Hey guys, I have my day 2 medical/fitness test for the Met on Monday 20th July and am getting slightly nervous about it; can anyone tell me what happens if you fail the bleep test?? I feel confident in everything else just the bleep test is playing on my mind Any advice would be much appreciated Cheers Warren

    • 1 reply
    • 167 views
  2. manxman1546620489
    Started by manxman1546620489,

    anyone else getting either engaged or the message saying their not recruiting even though it says on the website to phone this morning?

    • 34 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. hank53
    Started by hank53 * ,

    Hello all, Well had my A/C this afternoon at Ryton, I dont think it went very well at all I started off with my written and maths, role plays, interview then finished with the verbal logic. The maths was my worst for sure, answered 20 of the questions (them being correct is another matter!) the written was not too bad, just took my time and made sure of my spelling a and grammar. The role plays were pretty good to be honest, I asked everything that I wanted too and i didnt have that awkward silence when you have run out of things to say!! Interview = Meh?.......no idea! Verbal logic was ok, just had to make sure I had read it all clearly. Overall I dont think I ha…

    • 16 replies
    • 386 views
  4. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi all, Just trying to see what boroughs people would recommend. What boroughs have people put down? These are the boroughs I have selected as I live in Kent: Bexley Greenwich Lewisham Westminster Southwark Bromley Can anyone tell me what shift patterns the above work on? Has anyone else selected these boroughs? Also, I've heard that at a later date you have to reconfirm your choices - do you know when this happens? Thanks for your help! Aimes

  5. sleeves
    Started by sleeves * ,

    Hey all I've got through the initial application stage and i'm doing the fitness test tomorrow with Norfolk. Just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat??

    • 0 replies
    • 88 views
  6. beady
    Started by beady,

    anyone had assesment this week, i had mine today and completly fluffed it! nerves just got the better of me and could not think straight! oh well maybe next time, good luck to all of you that are yet to go

    • 5 replies
    • 369 views
  7. aperry812
    Started by aperry812,

    Hello people. I have my medical on 17th july a little nervous as to be expected, i was just wondering? 1. is anyone in the same boat? 2. how long do i expect to wait for a call or letter about the start date? 3.what and where do i get info about what to expect? thanks

    • 18 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. andychelt
    Started by andychelt * ,

    Just a quick Q. I've got an A/C day booked in for 11th Aug. Now around this time I will be moving house from where i've lived for 26 years to a new build house with my partner. When should I tell them? Will this affect my application at all? I guess i'm just looking for re-assurance that now i've passed the paper sift that its not all "set in stone" as far as my details go and that they can just add my new address! cheers andy

    • 2 replies
    • 311 views
    Cicero1546620526
  9. Daffy74
    Started by Daffy74,

    Hi I hope someone can offer me some guidance. I want to join the police. GMP are recruiting but I have mild asthma. I tried to join in 2002 but my application failed as I would have to demonstrate 2 years without using my ventolin inhaler, whcih at the time I was unable to do as I got a repeat prescription every 3 months or so. However I consider myself to be a fit 34 yr old, do regular sport (cricket, football, golf etc) and even ran the Great North Run in 2008 (2 hours 25 mins which I was quite pleased with considering my lack of training), so the asthma doesn't affect me in my daily life at all as it it managed. I very rarely use my ventolin and currently go through …

    • 9 replies
    • 10.8k views
  10. nosohappy
    Started by nosohappy * ,

    Hi there i recently failed the vetting for merseyside police.didnt understand why at the time but it came to my attention yesterday that my brother had moved address couple of months back and i had put his old address down on the applaction.would this be seen as if i was lie in on my applacation? and i also found out that my mum remarried couple of years back i didnt know this as the family and i do not talk to her.so i put down her maden name and her marriage name when she was married to my dad. do you think i will be able to apply for any other force as it was a mistake?thanks for any reply.

    • 4 replies
    • 650 views
  11. SiGo
    Started by SiGo,

    Hi All, I have been ready the forum for some time and I am in the middle of filling in my GMP Application. I plan to fill my application in electronically and email it back. This being so how do i sign the form? would they accept if i print the form out once completed, sign & scan it back in? Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 224 views
  12. mitchi
    Started by mitchi * ,

    I recently transferred my application from the Met over to the BTP. On the 26th June it was confirmed my application transfer request was accepted and the next stage would be to have a medical. I was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me? Also does anyone have a rough idea on how long it may take from being told you will have a medical, to actually being booked in for the medical, and then the stages after that to being accepted if you pass the remaining tests?

    • 2 replies
    • 356 views
  13. Cesnarf
    Started by Cesnarf,

    My doctor's surgery has told me today that they won't be able to get my forms signed off until after my Day 2 date!! What on earth should I do? I have been trying to phone Recruiting all day, without any joy! If anyone has any constructive advice, I'd appreciate it!

    • 1 reply
    • 146 views
  14. GrannySmiff
    Started by GrannySmiff,

    Just wanted to start a thread about the 11th was not going to as the place is getting flooded with these kind of threads, however it will be any day now. So please let me know when you get yours and how you got on, honestly I thought I would be able to handle the wait but the closer it gets the more I am itching to know. I have thought about the ac day from so many angles and every action I can remember analysing it and playing it over in my mind, I think there is a chance my head may explode if this continues much longer. Cheers.

    • 7 replies
    • 430 views
  15. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Hi I have been given a september start date with the MET. I may be over reacting here but here goes: I had a bad skiing accident in January and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I had some physio and mentioned this to the Nurse when I had my Day 2. I also told them that it was not stopping me doing my current job (Firefighter) and that I had a follow up appointment with a specialist. The nurse spoke to the doctor who said that if I was still at work, it cant be that bad and so passed me. When I went to the specialist he was not happy as I still had pain so he sent me for a MRI scan which did not show anything. He then gave me a Cortisone injection which has totally …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.