Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I'm coming up to my fitness and medical test for the Met and I'm really concerned over what will happen when they see I've had a history of bouts of depression. This has been sporadic since I was a teenager and there have been fairly major events behind each time. I've heard that it will greatly decrease my chances of getting in - has anyone else had a similar situation? I hasten to add that I'm totally fine now and in a very different place to back then but I'm still concerned that my past will prove to be a real problem. If anyone has any advice or can shed any light on this I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks x
-
Hi whos all starting on 27th july? Im starting with fife looking forward to but its getting really close lol Be good to here from other people who are starting
-
Put simply, while I can write fast enough for the written proposals, I am prone to making spelling mistakes writing at that speed, although I do realise what I've immediatley. So my question is simple - do you get marked down for crossing out spelling mistakes or will anything crossed out be ignored? Judging by the practice I just did, I'm likley to be doing this 5-6 times.
-
Wondered if I could have some advise on accommodation when we start at Hendon. I had my day 2 in June and now waiting for the call. But I am worried about the cost of the housing. I have read from others that it would be around £400 a month. Is this true if you stay on camp in Hendon? I know it is very poor accommodation but happy to put up with that. If i was to plead poverty would that help to get it any cheaper?
-
- 0 replies
- 335 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone. I am starting as a Student Officer on 20th July. I am just wanting to know a few things to prepare me for it! I have tried to have a look about the site to see if I can pick up on any tips etc. but as a lot of the topics have fallen off, it's quite difficult so here goes... 1) Am I to wear the black uniform i.e. my combat pants and black t-shirt with my belt and boots and is there anything else of the uniform I should be wearing? 2) What am I to expect from my first few days, even weeks up at Northumbria and Durham? 3) How long will I be working the 8-4 pattern (basically when will I start shift work)? 4) Is there anything else I should know?! I k…
-
- 0 replies
- 286 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, So, it's finally here. I remember, when I got the letter after passing papersift in January, that it seemed so remote and now it's only two days away. I must admit I'm semi-confident. I've practiced enough maths and logical reasoning, I've gathered some decent stories for the interview, I keep practicing the written (is it only proposal/report?) and trying to get myself in a positive mindframe for the role plays and the whole assessment centre. I've found that staying positive and getting a mindframe is half the battle won. Anyone else there attending on Tuesday?
-
Hey Every1 I have just got back from my AC and I can say that I am very drained!!! I want to make sure I don't say anything I'm not supposed to so here goes.... Arriving and sitting waiting was the worst part of the day! I was so nervous! I had Roleplays, Maths test, Interview, Written Exam, and then verbal Logical. I was very pleased with the order as I was most scared about the Roleplays and Interview!! :smiley_vomit: I think I did ok in them though managed to keep my nerves under controll. Only thing I am worried about is that my grammer and spelling is not the best, hope this doesn't go against me on the written. All in all went ok, the day is very relaxed but…
-
Is anyone else due to start training with West Mercia on 26 May 09?
-
- 22 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been informed I am going to have a home visit from the Vetting department, has anybody had one of these before? The guy dident want to discuss any details over the phone but he did say it was due to some criticism on my previous employers' reference from 3 years ago, I have been to personnel and obtained x3 references from my current employer that were given in 3 years ago from my previous employer and they are all positive? - So I'm a little confused to what has changed over the past 3 years. Apart from discussing the criticisms what else can I expect Vetting to discuss, should I treat this like a formal interview or just a friendly chat? - Are these home visits…
-
Sorry another question found out my vetting was finished on 25th June and passed back to Hendon does this mean i passed or do I have to wait for confirmation?
-
I had lymphoma and have been in complete remission for approximately 5 years and would like to join but not sure if I will be accepted due to this. I've read on the official medical standards that lymphoma with complete remission may be eligible after further investigation and I know that ultimately my question can only be answered by the FMA. I'm just enquiring as to whether anybody here has any experience of either themself or someone else being successful in joining the Police as an Officer having previously suffered from cancer? Thanks for any help.
-
Hi there ladies and Gents, :smiley_notworthy: Just wondered if there was anybody who has recently completed the Final Interview and Presentation for Norfolk? I'm in the process of preparing for mine which is on the 16th !!!!!! I hoped somebody might give me the benefit of their experience in so much as how the interview is structured, is it a more casual affair after the AC interview? I appreciate you can't tell me the questions you were asked but some indication as to the areas being covered would be appreciated. Any help or advice on the subject would be really really appreciated.. Many thanks in advance. Regards Gareth
-
I have my assessment day one on friday for the met police, this is the first time (only 20 so really excited to have passed my application form stage) I've applied so I'm new to this. I got my letter and information pack inviting me to the assessment day a couple of weeks ago, however, in that time my mum has been extremely unwell and I've been able to get precious little time of work (they're already understaffed and I haven't wanted to push my luck calling in sick and taking days off in this economic climate, can't afford to be unemployed at the moment). Anyway, my point is my preparation has been very limited and I haven't really had a chance to get nearl…
-
- 6 replies
- 683 views
- 1 follower
-
-
A/C practice in milton keynes i am currently reading throughHOW TO PASS THE NEW POLICE SELECTION SYSTEM by Ian Tolley and have come to the part where it suggests practicing role play and interview with some one now i dont know about every one else but i could not do this with my partner or friend as im to comfatable with them i was wondering if anybody else in milton keynes who is applying would like to meet up and practice together or in a small group or is this just a bad idea?
-
I have spent canabis convictions of which I spent 3months in prison for dealing cannabis 10 years ago, with other silly convictions in my late teens. I am now 32 and finaly sorted my life out. Would I be unsuccesful in joining the force???
-
- 7 replies
- 461 views
- 1 follower
-