Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Bella142
    Started by Bella142,

    I have my Day 2 at Hendon tomorrow and just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how long the whole process takes? Also do people go already in gym gear or should you take stuff with you? AND do you actually find out then and there if you've passed?? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 129 views
  2. will251
    Started by will251,

    Hi everyone, I just got a few questions about the application form so any help would greatly be appreciated. First off, for previous addresses for the last 5 years, i have been travelling around africa and asia for 8 months, and have been moving back and forth from uni accomodation to living at home for the 3 years before that. How would i put this down? would i do sept-may travelling, june-sept at home, sept-june at uni, june to sept at home, sept - june at uni etc? how would i do my year out? how much information would i need to put down, i went to 15 different countries and stayed at loads of different places. Next, the question about information on your partner …

  3. jjfry
    Started by jjfry,

    I heard/read somewhere that you have to be able to touch your toes to pass?. Is this correct?

    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  4. Jimeny22
    Started by Jimeny22,

    Hi, I don't really post on here at all, but read the forums when i've got a rare down time at work. Anyway, I applied for the MET in September 2008 and my training starts in Hendon 3rd August 2009. Has anyone else got this start date? Are you going to try and get in at the section house, or the halls of residence across the road from Hendon? Be good to hear from anyone out there who is starting on the same date as me. Jim

  5. Aman
    Started by Aman,

    Hi guys, i recently failed my day 2 push and pull, and am gutted. Iv joined gym since then and have been going in. Im a little confused as when i went in for my day 2 i was able to push and pull 23-26 kg...but when i go gym i struggle to push 10kg? My upper body strength is rubbish, and im going in again in aprox 5weeks time to try again, what to do? Help, Advice Please Thanks Aman

    • 3 replies
    • 318 views
  6. XXXZZZXXX
    Started by XXXZZZXXX,

    Hi all I've been invited to attend the Assessment Centre day for SOCA's SG5 campaign. They provide a lot of information but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, comments, hints or tips for the day itself? I am not from a police background so thought you guys might have some insight. Any comments gratefully received. Regards

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  7. metropol09
    Started by metropol09,

    Hi all, Anyone else attending this date? Any useful tips for the last couple of weeks preparation?.........Nerves are starting to creep up! Cheers.

  8. dhy
    Started by dhy,

    Hi, I passed my medical today. can anybody explain what happens next? I know that they will be doing vetting and chasing refrences, but how long until i get a letter?

    • 1 reply
    • 127 views
  9. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    hey guys does anyone know the METS vetting phone number? i want to know if ive passed vetting or if they have even started my checks since i was on medical hold for a while! is this how eveyone knows they have passed, by contacting them? .. or should i be patient and let them contact me??? Thanks Nikki

    • 2 replies
    • 599 views
  10. bonnieanne
    Started by bonnieanne,

    I have posted a couple of times to see if anyone else is starting with West Yorks on the 1st September but have had no response, I'm seriously beginning to worry that I'm gonna be a proper billy no mates, ha ha!! Is there is anyone else out there??? Fingers crossed!! Bon x :sweatingbullets:

    • 0 replies
    • 367 views
  11. sparkes09
    Started by sparkes09,

    Thought i would start this one up to see who and when people get given the August start date. I havent yet but it looks likely as i had my dy 2 in March!

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hi I went for an interview on Sun 5th July for a Job in the control room for a 'Call handler 'of my local PF, I was called yesterday to say that i had passed the interview and assessment and was a 'preferred candidate' for the post and that they will now go ahead and do my checks, subject to these being ok will start in Sep. I was just wondering with References is it a standard Form they send out or do they ask your employer to provide a written one ( what i mean is, is there a set layout for the reference, tick boxes)eg, tell us about employees performance, attendance, can they ask how many days sickness in total or is it just in general like, Employee attendance (poor…

    • 0 replies
    • 205 views
  13. eddo
    Started by eddo,

    Hi, I have recently taken my abscence for my current employers to 9 days (1 = general sickness and 8 days due to a minor operation). My question is when submitting my application off will they see this as a negative issue or will they take that into account my operation was not due to being sick just the fact I could not drive? Thanks for any info that is given. Eddo

    • 3 replies
    • 366 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  14. napoleand
    Started by napoleand,

    Hey guys Quick but silly question I'm filling in forms I need to bring to Day 2. It asks a million times for the Candidate Ref number but Im not 100% sure which number that is, as I have forms with different 'Ref' numbers! I'm guessing it's the one on the header letter you get, top left of the page just under Met Police, but I've also seen the NRPN on my A/C results. Any ideas anyone!? Cheers NapoleanD

    • 1 reply
    • 219 views
    george76271546620128
  15. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have been practising for the bleep test, I have been practising sprinting and then walking, sprinting again etc. I went again yesterday, but found as soon as I started running I had to pull up with severe pain in the inside of my lower right leg. It was so bad that even walking was a struggle. I am absolutely gutted ,as I know if I trained every other day between now and my test date I will easily be ready. I am really worried that I may have torn the muscle, has anyone else got knowledge of this, or experienced it themselves? Please help..

    • 7 replies
    • 242 views
    Jaydee1546620346

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.