Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, Had my day 1 assesment on the 12 June and am still yet to receive any results at all. The HR department has advised they are unable to give results over the phone and due to the postal strike all results have been delayed. Anyone else in the same boat?? Going out of my mind!!!
-
- 6 replies
- 909 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Have an application form in the works and its taking forever, but in the meantime, need to ask why do the police have such inflamatory names? i have never had any dealings with police except when a victim of crime. i would never dream of calling them such names but the other day, saw someone being arrested and the words that came out of their mouth shocked me. why are the police hated so much by some characters?? they only just doing they jobs. Am i naive or something, are there bent coppers or evil coppers or something out there???? Smithy on The Bill springs to mind?? does that really happen??? what say you?? Belle _ Title Edited by Mod - Ian_C_
-
Hello to everyone! Just newly joined this site Is anyone starting at Tulliallan on 27th July? Would love to hear from you if you are! I would also love to hear from anyone who is currently there or who has been there as I would love to know what you thought about the place. I have been hearing very different views about it Speak soon x
-
- 63 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Just wondering when the next start date is for Thames Valley i've heard theres one in sept?
-
I came home today to a large envelope from recruitment. In it was a medical questionnaire, financial questionnaire and the family questions. I've filled these all in before (once on my initial application and once after my AC), so I rang recruitment and asked if i had to fill them in again. I was told my original forms would be "out of date"...? Now i don't mind filling in the forms AGAIN, but I'm not happy I've potentially got to fork out £50 again to get my GP to sign a bit of paper and tick four boxes! To be fair, the nice lady at recruitment is looking into this for me, but it did get me wondering - has anyone else heard of medical forms being out of date?
-
Now then, what happens with this ? Do we get say 4 days off over said period and then recommence or is it more likely to be worked out in a different way ? Obviously it would help if someone was on their training course over christmas last year could answer.
-
Hi, I have my fitness and medical with the Met tomorrow and suddenly realised I don't know what they're expecting me to wear. Has anyone done one recently who can tell me if it's a suit and tie occasion or if smart casual (jeans, shirt and shoes) acceptable and what most others were wearing? Cheers
-
Have just recieved a call from North Yorkshire Police inviting me to attend an assessment centre in August. I was moe than a little surprised as I was initially told that whilst I have passed the application I was to be put on hold until further notice. Apparently they have opened up another assessment date and I am going on the 20th Aug! Any other people got that call today and can anyone give me any advice on what to expect, preparation etc? many thanks Ms M
-
got the thud on the door mat this morning . paced up and down for ten minute's then plucked up the courage to open it , PASS i am so pleased i do need to work on written comms but as i am very dyslexic and i only knew i had my A/c 12 days before ,i can live with a poor show in that my team working needs work, again i work alone so all problems have to be sorted by me no help is ever available i will admit i scraped it but i did no prep , i do not believe you should be taught to pass a entrance test because it is not you they are testing it is the trianer but chuffed to bits
-
Hello there. I've been reading through this site for quite a while now and in that time have applied for Leicestershire constabulary to which I failed and now Greater Manchester here comes my problem, I failed my competency questions for LC however in the resilience part I received an A grade so when completing my GMP application I felt there was no need to improve this as it was a High Score, Maybe I'm wrong, However I had the dreaded letter on Saturday "unfortunately on this occasion" What I'm confused about is that my grade for resilience is C which was previously an A and as I have improved grades on other sections its the difference between a pass and a fail, Has…
-
Hey all I received notification that I had passed my a/c on June 25, so now waiting for dates for my fitness test. How long did people have to wait between the two stages. One mate says he waited 8 weeks. Does that sound about average for most? Cheers
-
Just a quick query really.... Has anyone applied to the police force as their first job? I mean with no previous employment history. Obviously references would have to come form other sources, higher education and such, but surely it is possible? Recently I was led to believe i had finally found a job in a part time role for the NHS in their finance sector. However I am now being told that due to certain circumstances, mainly the financial climate, that unfortunately the job is now not available. Due to never having a job, and in the current recession, finding a part time job isn't as easy as it once was. My main concern now is that, it will come to the stage of app…
-
Is the medical similar to my ambulance service one? you fill out a questionairee and then occy health nurse checkas ya over?? or do they contact GP for medical notes etc like the army???
-
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm sorry Mr/Mrs Mods I somehow managed to post the same topic Twice! :S
-
Hi there ladies and Gents, :smiley_notworthy: Just wondered if there was anybody who has recently completed the Final Interview and Presentation for Norfolk? I'm in the process of preparing for mine which is on the 16th !!!!!! I hoped somebody might give me the benefit of their experience in so much as how the interview is structured, is it a more casual affair after the AC interview? I appreciate you can't tell me the questions you were asked but some indication as to the areas being covered would be appreciated. Any help or advice on the subject would be really really appreciated.. Many thanks in advance. Regards Gareth