Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LisaG1546620520
    Started by LisaG1546620520,

    Hiya I was just thinking about the bleep test and wondering what the standards are for this at Tulliallan? Is it the same level that we had to pass with our force to get in? I have heard many forces have different requirements for the fitness so I'm not sure if Tulliallan has one level to get to or if theres different one for ages or forces etc. Thanks Lisa

    • 4 replies
    • 971 views
  2. Cesnarf
    Started by Cesnarf,

    I have just found out that I'm unlikely to get my medical report signed off by my doctor until AFTER my Day 2!! I can't get hold of Recruitment, and I'm really concerned. Can anyone give me some feedback on what I should do or how this will affect me? It seems like one obstacle after another!!!

    • 6 replies
    • 840 views
  3. Mr Richard
    Started by Mr Richard,

    I live in hastings but work in canterbury and recently applied to sussex police. i am adviced that as i declared that i live and work in canterbury i do not meet the criteria for application my permanent address at which i spend the majority of my time must be within sussex. is there anything i can do to contest this.

    • 0 replies
    • 220 views
  4. Jimbo2487
    Started by Jimbo2487,

    I am currently in the process of transferring to Lincs---have missed 2 intakes due to an ongoing complaint (hopefully sorted soon!!) WOuld love to chat to a Lincs oficer and find out some more 'on the ground' type info... As time has dragged on, I have been wobbling a bit on my decision to transfer and sometimes wander if I should just stay put.. Any help much appreciated Jim

    • 2 replies
    • 794 views
  5. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hi all, just thought would see if anyone else is waiting to join Derbyshire? I Have my medical coming up although have still not been given a date? wondered if anyone else was in same situation? Regards, Mark

    • 5 replies
    • 417 views
  6. Jobobo77
    Started by Jobobo77,

    I have my assessment centre on 12 July, and I am so nerovus, have not eaten, and feel totally ill. anyone have any suggestions to calm my nerves? ta ! X

    • 2 replies
    • 269 views
  7. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    Hi people, I am just writing this as I feel a need to clarify some points regarding the written reports at the assessment centre. I have heard many of you talking about how you have been showing personal responsibility in your reports by mentioning things along the lines of...'I am going to... I will.... I am going to personally... etc etc..'. However, I am a bit confused as I thought the idea behind it is not 'how you' as such are going to rectify the issue/problem but rather 'what you recommend or propose' after summarising the possible solution(s) to the problem. How would you use comments such as 'I am...etc' in a report which is simply there to analyse the situatio…

  8. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi does anyone have an email address for someone in recruitment for the met? I called them on Monday morning to see where my application is at and she said she would call me and never has. Any help would be appreciated x x

    • 4 replies
    • 235 views
    george76271546620128
  9. JezUK1
    Started by JezUK1,

    I have recently passed the paper shift for my application to become a police officer for Avon and Somerset Constabulary. I have had a dyslexic report done which will be sent in to the force soon. My question is in the test will I be allowed to use a calculator as I'm a registered severely dyslexic? Do dyslexic get to use calculators as well as extra time or is that a big no? Thanks Jez

    • 8 replies
    • 750 views
  10. STUART0300
    Started by STUART0300,

    HI ALL.. firstly apologies for the gross element of this, have been told to see my GP due to trace of blood in my urine. Had kidney stones 5 yrs ago, must be a little bugger still in there, I have not had a day off or any probs since.... Am I doomed? Also out of the blue told me to check out my hearing in the lower range also, I have had no probs before.... More obstacles !! lol Any thoughts or any kidneys available lol!!

    • 0 replies
    • 135 views
  11. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi All, Can someone tell me what your BMI has to be below - is it below 30 or below 32? Thanks, Aimes

  12. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Ok so having passed everything thus far , my employer has just filled and sent back a reference request from my chosen force. My question is how long would it be now until a I find out if I have been successful??

    • 3 replies
    • 355 views
  13. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Was told by my recruitment officer that my file has been signed off and i'm all done now I can finally sleep soundly! However do any of you wise people on here have any idea how long it will be until I recieve a formal offer of employment, my lovely recruiter informed me shes pushing me for September as I would of been in August had it not been for reference problems but I have to sit tight. I'm fine with that but would just like a rough idea of how long everyone else waited from there file being signed off. Thanks for the helps guys and gals, Dom.

  14. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Role Play's were the first up, I was confident that I could do it, however, as soon as I walked into the room my nerves got to me big time! I tried to follow the plan that I had, however, I just don't think It did enough good for me. The nerves sent me into a state of 'What do I do now?!" Sort of thing, and I just found it hard to stay on one track. Next up was the maths test, I found it pretty easy, and managed to do 20 out of 25 questions, when the 12 minutes were up, I would rather have done 20 and got 15 right than 25 and got 10 wrong. Next was the Interview, this for me was my strongest part of the day for me, used the full 5 minutes a question, and Im happy with …

    • 8 replies
    • 350 views
  15. wannabeapc
    Started by wannabeapc,

    Hi new to the site but have been looking on a few times recently,i have noticed there aren't many people descussing warwickshire recruitment?i applied in january and havn't heard anything since my letter saying they have recieved my application. I phoned recruitment yesterday and they informed me all applicants will know within the next month. Has anybody heard anything yet? Ive spoken to someone else that applied in jan and they were unsuccesfull,they heard a couple of months ago,is hearing no news good news?

    • 0 replies
    • 264 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.