Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. brunette1977
    Started by brunette1977,

    I have passed my day one and day two for the MET and I am now going through vetting but I am now worrying about a DR10 that I have from nearly 11 years ago. I declared it on my application form and have not tried to hide it at anytime. I was assuming that as it was on my original application form, that if it was going to be an issue, they would have rejected me there and then but I have now been told that I could still be rejected, even though they have taken me all the way to this stage. Does anyone know the protocal on this? Any advice welcomed!

    thieftaker2b
  2. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    In the final vetting form does a dads ban for drink driving need be written down. he did go to court, but just got banned for 16 months for drink driving, he did not crash or run any one over

    thieftaker2b
  3. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    in 2003 there was a robbery at my place of work and I was the only one on duty. £3k was taken and I was interviewed, figure prints taken etc what should I do about this? I got stopped a while ago for not having a valid travelcard, my details were taken and I received a letter which I returned explaining everything. I have since heard nothing. Should I ignore this?

    thieftaker2b
  4. gus999
    Started by gus999,

    hi all, I have just applied for position as a new constable and like many on this site I have a concern about a past conviction.....it was considered a minor offence at the time but basically in a 'moment of madness and poor judgement' I failed to pay for £10 worth of petrol, I was 18 at the time and have regretted it ever since, it was not a premeditated wrong doing but....oh no point goin into all the detail...in a nutshell.. I got fined £50 and it was a spent conviction afetr 5 years. I recently went to an open day event to register interest and I spoke to the vetting officer of the force I applied for, the reason being that I did not want to waste time filling …

    thieftaker2b
  5. lordnewtown
    Started by lordnewtown,

    Hi I'm new to this site. Let me give you some facts about me with regards to my application. I first applied to West Midlands police in September 2007. I was told that my application was successful just before christmas 2007. I passed the Assessment centre in April 2008. For whatever reason, my security and background checks didn't go in until September 2008. OK, since christmas just gone (so 5 months ago, nearly 6), I have constantly been phoning the recruitment team to find out when my medical is going to be. I have always been fed one story or another, usually about that "we're just waiting for x or y", and like I said, that's…

    thieftaker2b
  6. KING_M3
    Started by KING_M3,

    Whats the policy regarding on the spot fines ? I had a 30 pound fine for number plate spacing on a private registration, and about 5 years ago recieved a fine for being on the phone whilst in a vehicle.. What affect will this have on my security checks?..

    thieftaker2b
  7. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, just wondering if anyone knows how a police search, during vetting, shows up on your credit report? thanks

  8. Rotty28
    Started by Rotty28,

    Hi: Can anyone tell me or where to find information on the communities that live in Lancashire? I'm having trouble finding the information. Cheers Rotty 28

    • 3 replies
    • 220 views
  9. allspark
    Started by allspark,

    Just thought i would share with you all. Coz im a nice guy...

    • 6 replies
    • 389 views
  10. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    Hello all, I've got assessment centre on thurs (2 July), and its meant to be a scorcher heat wise, over 30c. I was going to wear my suit, but think it'll be too hot. Will I get marked down for wearing a shirt/troos sans suit, or do you think a shirt/trousers no tie combo is acceptable? Bit of a silly dilemma, I don't want to cook but don't want to seem unprofessional either! thoughts please! Thanks Simon

  11. peterparker
    Started by peterparker,

    Dear all 29th June people, I am in my 5th week at Hendon and you are soon to be joining us, this means my class will be moving further up the parade square and not looking so new, yes we are in uniform and you will be parading in civies? don't be down as we have all been there. What you have to come is: A locker fiasco - try and get a key one because the combination ones are crap and good luck finding one without someones stuff in it already? White notes nightmare - you will have folder on folder on folder of study notes, you will seriously think you cannot take it all in but you will eventually. Your trainers will tell you one thing and the white notes another we ha…

    lcol981546081060
  12. carldavies1983
    Started by carldavies1983,

    Hi all, first post so be gentle! :-) have a medical with TVP as police officer on 10th july, am at the final stage of the recruitment process and starting to get excited. I am however wondering what is involved with the medical, does anyone know as there doesn't seem to be any info in any of the threads Thanks! Carl

  13. Bella142
    Started by Bella142,

    Hi Guys Just wondered if anyone who was at the Met A/C day on June 2nd has had their results yet?? It's 3 weeks now and I'm getting more and more anxious! Almost on first name terms with the postman now! Would be good to hear from anyone who was there anyway! B x

    • 9 replies
    • 381 views
    Captain Carrot1546081000
  14. FreshPrince
    Started by FreshPrince,

    Whats the policy on on the spot fines ? I had a 30 pound fine for number plate spacing on a private registration, and about 5 years ago recieved a fine for being on the phone whilst in a vehicle.. What affect will this have on my security checks?..

    • 10 replies
    • 710 views
  15. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    Im so annoyed failed my final interview today, apparently just below whats expected whatever that means, felt a bit like they didnt want me lol dont know what to do now though, thanks for everyones help an support though and good luck to you all Ste

    Mark0011546620519

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.