Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Dev1749
    Started by Dev1749,

    Does anyone know when West Midlands plan on recruiting for PC's again? Or when the next recruitment seminar will be? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 293 views
  2. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    My a/c is Friday morning, i have been feeling quite nervous for about 6 month's but for the last 2 weeks i seem to be very much looking forward to it. After attending the awareness evening all my nerves disappeared I'm confident i will do ok however its not good to be to confident. Any one else got the same date and how are you all feeling.

    • 14 replies
    • 362 views
  3. carldavies1983
    Started by carldavies1983,

    Hi all, first post so be gentle! :-) have a medical with TVP as police officer on 10th july, am at the final stage of the recruitment process and starting to get excited. I am however wondering what is involved with the medical, does anyone know as there doesn't seem to be any info in any of the threads Thanks! Carl

    • 1 reply
    • 170 views
  4. JeffaCake
    Started by JeffaCake,

    Hi All!!, Am new to the site but read loads of threads on the site and everyone is so helpful. Had my DAY 1 for the met(PC) on the 16th June and can't take the waiting for the results anymore! The day went ok but cocked up the interview completely; It was the first part of the day so I completely relaxed and had it in my head that I had failed so ironically the rest of the day went well I feel. The role plays were fine and so were the tests... Just wanted to know if anyone else had their DAY 1 on the 16th and have u heard anything yet?

  5. TMelt

    I have my assessment day one on friday for the met police, this is the first time (only 20 so really excited to have passed my application form stage) I've applied so I'm new to this process and this forum. I got my letter and information pack inviting me to the assessment day a couple of weeks ago, however, in that time my mum has been extremely unwell and I've been able to get precious little time of work (they're already understaffed and I haven't wanted to push my luck calling in sick and taking days off in this economic climate, can't afford to be unemployed at the moment). Anyway, my point is my preparation has been very limited and I haven't really had a chance t…

    • 1 reply
    • 285 views
  6. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Just a quick one for those that have been through the appeal process! Roughly how long was it before you recieved comformation or answer on your appeal. I'm trying for the Met however any force would be helpful. Cheers all, Murph.

  7. Kyria1546620475
    Started by Kyria1546620475,

    Okay, as promised, I’m sharing what I found useful for the A/C in the hope that it may help others: I passed last week with 64% overall: 100% oral, 78% Written and 81% RRD. On the day, you'll be graded as follows: 50% = Roleplays 25% = Written 20% = Interview 2.5% = Maths 2.5% = Verbal Reasoning MODS: I apologise in advance if I’ve posted anything I shouldn’t have – please let me know if so and I’ll remove it. First of all, memorise the 7 essential criteria untiyou can reel them off at will. Secondly, get the following books: All priced at £9.99 How to pass the new police selection system. Revised 2nd edition. Harry Tolley, Billy Hodge & Ca…

    • 12 replies
    • 917 views
  8. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hi all, I'm due to start training on 20th July and I live in co. Durham so I plan on moving pretty soon to be further north (I don't drive) so it's easier fir me to get to what will be my area command, obv it won't be in co. Durham. I'm just wondering if any of you can shed any light on when I would find out where I was gonna be so I can plan things better. Recritment have said they have just sent the letters off to the comands so unsure what that means. Any help would be great. X

  9. onlyone
    Started by onlyone,

    Hi Everyone, When I was 13 years old me and my mates got into a bit of bother with the police of 2 occasions. First my mate chucked eggs at a sercurity guard and got caught the police were called and as i only lived across the road i was held whilst the cinima staff called my dad who picked me up and took me home. On the second occasion me and my mates were running around on the train caragies and the police were called and this time they took me home in the van. Im not sure it would go onto any database because as i was so young i had no ID on me to even prove who i was do you think i should put this in my application.im 22 now so this was nearly 10 years ago.PLEASE HEL…

    thieftaker2b
  10. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hi all. Found out yday that I have passed my assessment day (woooo!) for Cambs police, with letter saying 'recruitment will be in touch to discuss potential star tdate subject to vetting and recruitment' Does anyone know what the next stage will be? Fitness? Another interview?? Each force seems to totally different i.e some have 2/3 assessment days, some have 2nd interviews etc....but I cant seem to find anyone who knows about Cambs! Your help is appreciated Kirsty

    • 2 replies
    • 128 views
    kirstyhulley
  11. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Hello. I have been thinking about my A/C every day recently as its on July the 8th, and Im just worried that my age and Life experience might not be enough to help me get through it. I am in 2 minds at the moment as I am confident that I can pass the A/C, but I don't want to get too big headed, yet on the other hand Im worried that Im going to fail and be rejected. Im only 18 and I want to take this opertunity that I have been given. Im 18, however, I have had 2 jobs that were/are very very customer based, I worked at the House of Frazer in a restaurant, however, this didn't help me a lot, but since September I have been working at Tesco Gorton part time. This is the p…

    Lee.S1546620511
  12. EvilSmoothie
    Started by EvilSmoothie * ,

    Heya, Just a quick question about the Access to Medical Records Act form. I am filling it out, but the final question is: Place of work. Do they want me to write the Force I am applying for, or where I currently work? I'm just struggling to see how where I work at the moment is a relevant question to getting access to my medical records? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 615 views
    EvilSmoothie *
  13. Azy
    Started by Azy,

    Hello, I have a question regarding the "Access to Medical Records Act" form. The final question is "Place of Work".. Are they referring to the force in which you are applying or where you are currently working? I don't see how it makes any difference as to where I work on how they can get my medical records? lol

    • 0 replies
    • 275 views
  14. y2k
    Started by y2k,

    Am well worried now, i'm preparing myself for gutting news. Can anyone shed any light please, am i worried needlessly?? So soon after i applied, they rung me to inform me that they had decided to seek references from all my previous employers (have only ever had 4 jobs, including my current one) They said this was becasue the 2 i had given on my application form, were not satisfactory.. i then hear nothing for a while untill last week when they asked for a reference from my current employer... i gave them my managers details and warned them that i have had a lot of sickeness and explained that almost all of it was due to pregnancy complications (3 babies died shortl…

    • 12 replies
    • 925 views
  15. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi. I’m after some advice. Can the answers that I gave on the application form to show the competencies; be used again in the interview? As I gave really good examples on the application and thought they’d be good for the interview. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 246 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.