Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    Hi all, Just at the stage of getting my referees. One of them turns out has a driving conviction - would you reccommend finding another referee?

    • 3 replies
    • 272 views
  2. Leigh
    Started by Leigh,

    Hi All... I had my day 1 assessment at Hendon yesterday... during one of the role plays my nerves got the better of me, I choked, remained almost silent throughout and very nearly burst into tears. The role actor was very stern and said nothing when I came out of role (as the cso) this was even more worrying. I wasn't intentionally tring to be a feeble girl, my nerves just went into overdrive! Does it mean I have most likely failed??? It was an importent subject!? All feedback would be appreciated. Leigh

  3. flowersjt
    Started by flowersjt,

    Hi all I have my final interview for Herts next Wednesday and was hoping some people could point in the right direction on what to expect. How should i be preparing etc. Obviously have been swotting up on there site but anything else i should be looking for? Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 232 views
  4. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi all, I am currently waiting for my AC result to come through and not wanting to get ahead of myself (Incase i dont pass!) I have not done any research into what happens next. i know there is a medical and i know the date. I am booking an appointment with my GP to get the appropriate doc signed as well. Is there another interview? If so what does it involve? There was no mention of it at the AC. Cheers Stuart

    • 2 replies
    • 181 views
  5. heard001
    Started by heard001,

    I'm attending the Recruitment day in Islington for the Met tomorrow and have just downloaded the pdf application form... In the notes section at the back (the bit where guidance is given on how to fill out the application), under Note 13 - Competency Assessment, there is a note that says: 'If you are a graduate (applies to UK universities only) there is no requirement to complete competency section 1-5. Just write "graduate" for each answer. You must send a copy of you (sic) certificate/proof of qualification with your application'. Any comments? I'm finding it a little strange that competency questions aren't asked to graduates...

  6. STUART0300
    Started by STUART0300,

    Done it !! Well nearly, slight query on a kidney stone prob, but other that that flew through !! Interview was predictable, not easy but certainly made easier for all the advice and scenarios on here form you lot..... get you core comp scenarios practiced practiced practiced, numerous examples of all posible situations etc etc. Thanks to all and let me know if you need any tips/advice Regards, Stuart

    • 0 replies
    • 185 views
  7. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hey all Just got my results from Ryton AC 17th June and I am soooo pleased I passed!! I hope anyone else who received theres today has had the good news they have been waiting so anxiously for! It says recruitment will be in touch to discuss application status etc....but does anyone know exactly what does happen next?? Cheers Guys A v v happy Kirsty

    • 10 replies
    • 297 views
  8. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Hello, I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me how financial vetting is carried out and how long it takes. Many Thanks G

  9. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    Is anybody else finding that the phone just rings off the hook? Probably just busy i guess, i would really like to speak to somebody though :)

    • 4 replies
    • 396 views
  10. sam786
    Started by sam786,

    Just out of curiosity, how many people on here have failed vetting and do you know why? If you fail is there any chance of you ever getting into the police?

    • 4 replies
    • 517 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  11. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    It is indeed full

  12. meric_c47
    Started by meric_c47,

    Just wondered if anyone else is attending the day 1 at Hendon for the Met on 3rd of August? cheers chris

  13. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hi there I am new on here .. I don't know if i've put this is the right topic?? I have been invited to an interview this week for operator / dispatcher, I applied for this last year but didn't make the short listing for interview, this time i have passed the application stage and been invited to an interview..this is something i have never done before but have experience in working within a call centre for the last 8 years. I want to know if anyone has been through this and was successful and any advice on what to expect from my interview, what sort of questions i maybe asked as i know it is based on competancy which is more or less what the application form entaile…

    arsenicknight
  14. Tony Hayes1546620444
    Started by Tony Hayes1546620444,

    I hope this may help anyone who is interested. +++ 50% OFF EVERYTHING AT HOW2BECOME FOR 48 HOURS ONLY!! +++ To celebrate 4 years of How2Become i've decided to give loyal customers like you a MASSIVE 50% Discount off ALL products for the next 48 hours only. This unbelievable offer is strictly only available for the next 48 hours. +++ HOW TO CLAIM YOUR 50% DISCOUNT +++ To claim your 50% discount simply type in the word 'THANKYOU' in the coupon code box at checkout. This offer applies to EVERY product, course, book, and DVD at How2become, and with over 170 to choose from, it's happy shopping! Please remember that this offer is strictly only available for the next 48 h…

    • 12 replies
    • 504 views
  15. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all i have recently attended an a/c for norfolk. I am wondering if there is anyone here who is in the same position. I felt it went ok but it would be nice to hear from others. Thanks Lee

    • 15 replies
    • 256 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.