Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. djunreal99
    Started by djunreal99,

    i've had a phone call from the force i've applied to, telling me they have recieved my gp's report about my asthma an they've asked me to come back in to test me on the spirometry test to see if takin a preventative inhaler has improved my peak flow an breathing! I'm really worried now incase it hasnt! I havent recieved a date yet for my medical an physical but am worried that if it hasnt improved they will tell me i cant proceed with my application! Are they likely to say this if it hasnt improved!? When they tested it at my drugs test they said it was slightly lower than wot it should be but it had a lovely curve but did show some restrictions! They showed it to the fo…

    • 7 replies
    • 393 views
  2. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    are they contacted once by mail and that is it? or do they at first complete the questionaiire which is sent and then later on have to again provide information. sorry its just i am currently being vetted and my employer has recivied one of these questionairres. any info?

    • 5 replies
    • 279 views
  3. Loo123
    Started by Loo123,

    Hi everyone, I have my Day 2 on Wednesday 24th June, does anyone else have theirs then? Loo.

  4. Trevellyan
    Started by Trevellyan,

    I have just completed my assessment centre and i felt I have done reasonably well however I am concerned over the interview part of the test. During a question for race and diversity my mind went completely blank and the more i worried the worse it became. I felt I have done fairly well overall however would this fail me overall because I have failed to show respect for race and diversity. I did show this in other areas so hopefully this should be ok.

    • 5 replies
    • 201 views
  5. meric_c47
    Started by meric_c47,

    Guys, I have my day 1 on the 3rd of August!! Any advice/tips/comments would be greatly received! Thanks

  6. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    well kind of!!! i called them on friday to be told that my application that i sent at the beginning of april still has not even gone for marking. they told me to call back at the end of june for an update looks like anyone applying to tvp is in for a looooong wait

    • 35 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. tweetyfoo
    Started by tweetyfoo,

    So... the Police is the only career I've ever wanted .. and I think the only career I can do without feeling like a little piece of my soul is fading as each day, week & month passes. It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to apply given my credit history and a couple of rogue family members, but I did it and I'm attending my final interview in a week. I started "studying" for this before my application was even submitted, I've spoken to countless Probabtioners at various stages through the training programme, Police Constables, Sergeants, CID and visited HQ etc etc I've been building up some what of a folder that has grown and grown - I've been reading up …

  8. cul8rm8
    Started by cul8rm8,

    I got mine in a couple of days, anyone got ANY idea what sort of questions they ask. I am confident in conversation even at interviews but I would just like a little info prior. Thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 800 views
  9. arnz26
    Started by arnz26,

    Hi all, I have got my fitness test coming up and was just wondering if they expect me to turn up dressed smart or just casual? Also if anyone has attended before, how long does the whole thing last?

  10. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    Hi to everyone I've got my Final Interview coming up with the Lancs Police. I'm obviously doing my research and wanted to know if it is at all possible to visit a Police Station to find out about current Ops (if they can tell me), Major Crime areas etc in the County along with issues/interests in the Lancs Constabulary. Also who to approach in the station, ie Duty Sgt etc to find out all this. I dont want to put them out and spend all day with them, just a short while to gain some information that would help me to go into my Final interview better prepared with some inside knowledge. Regards

    • 2 replies
    • 276 views
  11. Tufar1
    Started by Tufar1,

    Hi, I just recently received my results back for my day 1 assessment with the met. I scored 54% so was pretty gutted that I didn't get through. However I am a little confused how this works, from what I have seen in my marks page at the back I haven't done too badly. I have 6 A's, 15 B's,19 C's and 1 D. The D was in Community and Customer Focus, does anyone have any insight on how these things are marked so that I don't beat myself up too much wondering what has happened. Is that 1 D the problem or am I missing the big picture? Thanks you for any help I may receive. Also sorry in advance if my question breaches any rules, I'm just not sure what was so bad.

    • 20 replies
    • 4.3k views
  12. Lawless27
    Started by Lawless27,

    Hey guys, I completed my day 1 assessment today for the PCSO role with the Met. The day, as a whole, went well although I am kinda worried about the roleplays. They were, in my opinion, my weakest part although I did everything I could do. Obviously I understand that the majority of people do come out of the roleplays not feeling too confident, but do actually pass. Now to my question, if theoretically I have failed on both roleplays and got minimal marks, is there a chance that my written assessment and interview will make up for this and allow me to pass? I understand competencies are marked in more than 1 assessment but I'm unsure whether it is possible to fail 1 pa…

    • 9 replies
    • 403 views
  13. fodd
    Started by fodd,

    Hi my names Ross and im really interested in joining the police I have searched on the net for which forces are recruiting and found a list but it said no forces are currently recruiting does anyone have any information to when either Merseyside, Cheshire or Greater Manchester will be next recruiting? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ross

    • 5 replies
    • 330 views
  14. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, I have passed vetting last week, my info was signed off and e-mailed to my recruiter/sponsor on Monday. Can someone please advise me on the next stage? Do they vet me again, what is the procedure? Thanks in advance peeps!

    • 9 replies
    • 381 views
  15. OllieG
    Started by OllieG,

    Hello everyone, I had my fitness test on the 14th June and now waiting for my medical, when ever it may be. Does anyone know what the pay is for essex police on training? How long are people waiting on average for a statrt ate after the medical?

    • 0 replies
    • 412 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.