Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Hello. I recently recieved a Grade A in my competency Questions on my Application form, I was just wondering, with these marks does it make the A/C Easier to pass, or does it stay the same even if some one got to it with just scraping through? Regards, Lee

    • 1 reply
    • 134 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  2. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    ok , just got my letter yesterday to confirm my day two for the MET which is amazing:D however i went out that night to celebrate, i had a cigarette while slightly in capacitated, i awoke this morning for someone to mention that there may have been more than just tobacco in it :S ive got my medical in 10 days and im bricking myself that i might get in trouble for something this silly A.do they do a drugs test? and B. when i say that i may have injested marijuana will i loose my place? thanks Josh

  3. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    I am aware it is vetting amongst other bits a pieces. Just wondered what kind of time scale do GMP usually work to? And what should I be waiting for? A phone call? A letter? I am aware it is time to just sit tight and keep everything crossed, but just wondered what usually happens next at this stage with GMP. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 295 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  4. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    I've just been reading that the average wait is 20 months from applying, I've got the Final interview coming up for Lancs Police. If all goes well with that then the medical & physical will be done this year. I've also heard that once you get to the final interview you are 95% certain to pass it and they are just checking the earlier process & that the system works with the application & assessment day tests. Obviously doing OK with the interview that is. Anyone heard anything different? Also if you are applying for the first time and get knocked back, don't be to disheartened, I think that happens to most. Go for it again if you are keen Regards

    • 0 replies
    • 142 views
    Mark0011546620519
  5. Demigod
    Started by Demigod * ,

    Greetings All, I did do a "brief" search, and apologies if i missed it. If you fail Day One, i understand you may re apply or re take after a minimum period of six months. Does that mean you will need to, 1. Wait until the Police are recruiting again which will hopefully be in six months so you can reapply, including a new application form thus waiting for that to be accepted also? or 2. You may just call, and ask for your previous accepted application be considered and just need to re arrange a new "Day One" date. I have been reading on various forums candidates who have failed just saying, they will re do in six months. Considereing the Police recruitmnent dri…

    • 7 replies
    • 646 views
  6. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    Hi All How long is it until you find out if you have passed the Final Interview? and what happens next? It seems as though some forces do things abit differant with the Medical, Fitness test etc. I've just passed my Assessment day for the Lancs Police (May 09) and have my Final Interview looming up of which I am doing some research for. I know some forces dont have a final interview so I'm not on about the one done at the assessment centre. cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 204 views
    Mark0011546620519
  7. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    Alot of people reading about the MOD police will think it is the same as Civ Pol however it is not. You will find youself well trained at first but then getting skill fade as you will not be doing much Police work, if any apart from training. Remember the Armed forces have their own Police and the MOD Police deal with incidents inside the base/establishment etc. When this happens they normally phone the Military/Navy or RAF Police. I know some MOD Coppers who all agree with me but if you want an easy life then go ahead, but do not think when you join you will be dealing with lots of incidents, you will not. You will however find yourself walking alot and standing on gat…

    • 3 replies
    • 600 views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  8. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    Some (perhaps many) candidates will have family members, friends or associates serving in the police? Some may even know interviewers or role play actors. The more people you know in the right places, the bigger the advantage, surely? In my case, I don't know anyone in the police at all. I hope most candidates will be in the same boat as me...

  9. jobe
    Started by jobe,

    I think these are the dates for a lot of people who have transfered their application to the met. I'll be there on the 2nd! Anyone else from this forum going on these dates?

  10. madpup
    Started by madpup,

    Does anyone know when North Wales will be recruiting again?

    • 1 reply
    • 192 views
  11. kingburn_99
    Started by kingburn_99,

    Bonjour, this has probably been asked a million times, so please feel free to direct me in the right direction. I am under the impression that different forces have different pass marks for the AC. A friend of mine got 49%....is there any force with a 45% pass rate.... cheers K

    • 4 replies
    • 413 views
    Mark0011546620519
  12. Markby
    Started by Markby * ,

    Hi, Found out today im due at Ryton at the end of July. Nervous already Any help appreciated!!

    • 2 replies
    • 125 views
    Mark0011546620519
  13. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    hi im new to this forum but have read through some of the subjects on here and it looks really helpful if you have any queries or questions. Now for my question.......... I recentely found out that i passed my assessment centre for west midlands police and wondered if anyone knew when vetting starts and how long it takes???

    • 2 replies
    • 328 views
  14. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Not alot i can really say about it at the moment, completely gutted to say the least. I phoned today and was told by my vetting officer. Not sure as yet to what i failed on, he said that the vetting supervisor will call me later today to try and discuss why. Until then i'm not sure if i can appeal/re-apply. I just thought i'd let some of my new freinds on here know and let them know that it won't stop me from attemting again. I will not give up, or feel sorry for myself, adapt and overcome i suppose. Thanks all for your support and freindship up to here, no doubt i may call on you again. "gutted" Murph.

    • 44 replies
    • 2.7k views
  15. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    I have my set and fitness test on the 30th of june, does anyone know preferibly someone who has just sat these what did you wear when you went to east kilbride?? Did you take your running stuff, wear a shirt n tie and get changed or what?

    wannabe1546620469

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.