Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    just curious, someone told me that you have to re apply if you fail the medical. The issue with me is my eyesight, even though the optician cleared me on my unaided vision i guess they will investigate it further. If i fail that part do i get the oppurtunity to go get laser surgery done and then do the test again or does this mean i need to re apply?

    • 3 replies
    • 282 views
  2. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I'm joining West Midlands Police in sept, the initial training period is 18 weeks. The starting pay is something like £22k going up to £24 after training. Does this mean the pay rise is after the first 18 weeks training or after the two year probation? Dan

  3. Jonesy1235
    Started by Jonesy1235,

    hiya there i recently recieved a letter saying my application was complete and am now just awaiting the start date, just wondering weather or not i will be told which part of west yorkshire i will be working in on that letter or will i have to wait untill my first day to find out? its just im moving a long way with my girlfriend and am wanting to try and get accomodation sorted and get settled in somewere near the area i will be working and wanted to know if i will recieve this with my start date or have to wait cheers all

    • 2 replies
    • 302 views
  4. jedichi
    Started by jedichi * ,

    Hey all, i'm Chi and have applied recently to become a special constable in staffordshire. I got accepted for testing but decided to inform them that i had been previously declared bankrupt (of my own accord). They informed me immediately that i couldn't carry on with the testing as i was open to financial inducement?! is this correct? Please bear in mind i have been discharged from bankruptcy since february and don't owe a penny so i'm probably better off than most these days. How would i be more inclined to risk my job for money when i'm in such a position ie No mortgage, No debts? i dont get it, can anyone set me straight. I know i can apply in 3 years time but i'm 32 …

    • 1 reply
    • 332 views
  5. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi everyone, just hoping someone can help anser a little question. With regards to training at present; is it still 6 weeks at hendon and then out to a satellite station, or is it 18 weeks at hendon ??? I'm currently reading and hearing loads of different scenarios. Or does it depend on what boroughs you've picked and the capacity of the satellite stations ?? for example i live in Colchester and should i be lucky enough to pass and get into the met (day 1, 12th june) , and i chose mostly east of London boroughs or Westminster then my satellite station would be Bethnell Green ??? Any light would be helpful, thanks for reading Mark

  6. icmember
    Started by icmember,

    I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but when you go for the eyesight exam on your day 2 do you think you can get away with a squinting a bit to read to eye chart. I've seen some other posts in the forum on this but there seems to be conflicting answers. My eyesight is -2.5/-2.25 so its not the worst in the world and with contact lenses in my eyesight is better than 6/6; my concern though is without them. It would be great to hear anyone's experiences who might have been through the day 2.

  7. icmember
    Started by icmember,

    Just wondering who's in the same boat as me and waiting to hear back whether they have passed or failed the papersift for the MET? I sent my application off on the 20th March. I know that's only just over a month ago but I'm desperate to get further into the application procedure.

    Captain Carrot1546081000
  8. STUART0300
    Started by STUART0300,

    2nd attempt tomorrow, first time 60%, however flagged on the written........ grrr next time !!

  9. Rich21
    Started by Rich21,

    Just received forms for another fitness test next week which i can't attend and vetting/medical questionnaire to check nothing has changed since i passed medical and cleared vetting! Anyone else received these? Progress?

  10. Sticky
    Started by Sticky,

    Hi, I sent off my application form on the 16th Feb. 2009 and toady I received a CASA form . Any body else received one? I heard it is a good thing if you get one, as that means they have not binned it! Fingers crossed x

    Kyria1546620475
  11. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Can anyone help me to understand this? I have had my eyes tested by my optician, and he says they meet the standard. I also passed my eye test for the specials. They recieved my details via optician, and passed me. I have my medical for regulars coming up next week and I am really worried about this again now. I have come so far and this would really hurt me if I was to fail. I understand the standard to be: 6/36 - unadided binocular (2nd line down, without glasses, both eyes together) 6/5 - aided binocular (last line down, with glasses, both eyes together) I would have no problem with this at all. Then this bit which comes across vague: 6/12 - aided, in either eye…

    • 3 replies
    • 323 views
  12. tweetyfoo
    Started by tweetyfoo,

    I've worked in offices all my life and have never had a problem answering this question in an interview situation before. But as I prepare for my final interview I'm finding that there is little room for weaknesses within the police! So was wondering what the general opinion is on what is an acceptable "weakness" to bring to the table at the interview. This is what I've come up with after thinking for precisely 1 week about it .. My competitive nature is sometimes a weakness as the focus isn't always about being the best, but looking at the bigger picture and the bigger goal, I feel that the training and on the job experience will help me to overcome this. All honest …

    • 2 replies
    • 531 views
  13. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    Hi guys, just wanted a bit of your advice and general opinions really. Already I am beginning to worry about the vetting procedures after reading about many of your misfortunes with the vetting process. Therefore, I am was just wondering what you thought the risk was to my application with being successful, assuming I reach the vetting stage. My father has committed a couple of offences about 5-10 years ago - not sure what they were but I think they were fraud of some sort which resulted in a small sentence and him being on tag. My parents have been separated for about 15 yrs and I haven't seen my father for about the same time (14-15 yrs) - I only heard through one of …

    • 2 replies
    • 373 views
  14. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I'm currently waiting for confirmation of my assessment centre date. However i have just come back from a month of traveling around oz and thailand. I really want to go back for longer, hopefully for about 6 months. If i were to be successful through all stages of recruitment and offered a position. Is it possible that i can ask for it to be moved back several months? I really want to be a police officer but i also really want to do some more traveling as might not get chance again. I've heard that the A/C results are only valid for 12 months so you have to start within a year of your A/C, is this correct? Also have accommodating are recruitment to things like this a…

  15. ElBearo
    Started by ElBearo,

    After many moons waiting since mt assessment day I was informed last week I had a medical today as part of my application process and informed my employer, put in a lieu day request and showed them letter. Today I had medical and a colleague informed me I had been put down as being awol.. I know an employer must give you time off for an interview but is same true for a medical as part of an application process? Its not easy to find the right info on line but I'd like to know when I go back to work tomorrow...

    • 3 replies
    • 285 views
    Jaydee1546620346

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.