Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sammy2006
    Started by sammy2006,

    What do we have to wear on first day at Ponteland??? any ideas guys???

    • 0 replies
    • 871 views
  2. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, Can anyone tell me which day the fitness test is on during the first week at Fettes? I'm just trying to sort out my final few days of fitness before resting up until the test. Cheers for any help. Chris

    • 3 replies
    • 561 views
  3. marfey
    Started by marfey * ,

    Hi does anyone know when the Met will be recruiting again. Keep checking the website but no events listed and am so keen to start the recruitment process for a New Constable.

  4. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    ione of my old student bank accounts went into default a few years back, i paid it off and all is satisfactory, however on the vetting forms there was no option stating if i had a default on a bak account, only stated if a loan agreement had been terminated etc now should i ring them up and just tell them or because the there was no questions asking this should i just leave it? my credit report is ok/good any help please?

    • 8 replies
    • 574 views
  5. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hi all, just curious about how vetting works?! I am currently vetted to level 3 within nottinghamshire police which is to the same level as current serving notts police officers. Does this mean that I am certain to pass the vetting with Derbyshire or are the vetting processes different? any help greatly appreciated, Cheers, Mark

    • 0 replies
    • 223 views
    sleemark2938
  6. brad01
    Started by brad01,

    This post is reference to the final stage of my application "the final interview" Obviously the interview on the assessment day is the candidates chance to Elaborate on situations you have dealt with during your life experiences, so I'm just wondering what this stage will intel? More life experience examples? Presentations? ....... Any info would be most appreciated. Regards

    • 11 replies
    • 496 views
  7. Daniel011546620491
    Started by Daniel011546620491,

    Hi everyone, About 2 and a half years ago i was stopped by a Police Officer at around 4am in the morning with my younger brother because we had full looking backpacks on and were rideing our bikes, we looked a little bit suspicious to the patrol car just passing us bassically. So we were stoped and asked to explain ourselves as to why we were out at this funny time in the morning with full backpacks and as to why i was with my younger brother who may have only been 14 at the time i think. I explained that we were just setting off for a very long bike ride as it was the summer and we had a train to catch, the officer understood and after talking to us said she was happy…

    • 13 replies
    • 706 views
  8. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    I'm doing a project on travellers, managed to get quite a bit of research from the internet and books etc, Wondered if anyone had any experiences they would like to share with regards to being called to incidents at traveller sites. What is their response to Police presance? Are they Pro or anti? From my research historically they have their own laws which include the death penalty in extreme incidents, exclusion from the community etc.. Much of the information I've found states that travellers feel they are forced to break laws: "Over the years there has been a wide range of legislative measures, which have attempted to stop Romani people and Irish Travellers from lea…

    • 8 replies
    • 926 views
  9. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, Just wondering if someone can provide me with any insight as to when the vetting agency start running checks. Is it after you have done your day 1 or is it when you pass your day 1? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

  10. billy nash
    Started by billy nash,

    I recieved my results from a/c day 1. I failed. Although i just scraped a 50%. So now im really hoping i get accepted for transfering it to Essex police and fulfilling my dream and goal to become a Police Officer. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

    • 2 replies
    • 239 views
  11. heard001
    Started by heard001,

    I was just on the phone with the lady that's sending out for my references that May and June's intake are now full up... The next available intake is going to be August... Anyone else that's waiting on their references been told this?

    daveyboy32 *
  12. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    Hey there! Firstly can I say that a friend alerted me to this site and I've found it to be a great help! Anyway, I have my assessment centre for Notts Police next week. I'm realising that cramming or revising too much will in fact do me no favours. It's how I handle my nerves on the day that will count. However, I am looking again at the answers I'm going to give during the competency-based interview and I'm finding that I am linking several or more competencies during the one question. Should I mention these links in each question, even if they will be covered in the rest of the interview in separate questions? Thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 143 views
  13. tjhudson40
    Started by tjhudson40,

    Hi to everybody on here. This is my first post so go easy on me. I have passed my paper sift, day 1 and day 2 and now having the horrendous wait to see if I pass the vetting process! My concern is that one of my family members who I now live with got a conviction for possession with intent to supply 13 years ago, at which point I was not living with him and he was at a different address. Since then they have not been in trouble with the police and I have obviously disclosed all their details in my application. Has anyone had a similar experience or been in a similar position?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • 5 replies
    • 686 views
  14. BumbleBee
    Started by BumbleBee,

    Hello folks! I hope everyone is keeping safe. I introduced myself over in the "introduction forum", so I won't bore you, lol. I am an American that is almost done with gaining citizenship in Ireland. I have always wanted to move to Europe (either Ireland or England). Now, I do have a desire to be a police officer, as I am also applying with Washington D.C. police force. Have you ever come across many folks in your department from another country? What about any Americans? You think I would be looked at as the scape goat or "not part of the group", if you know what I mean? Any help would be great! I know the application procedures for someone within the EU has les…

    penguinsix *
  15. Karen Wright
    Started by Karen Wright * ,

    Hey, Supposed to be starting Tulliallan on June 8th, fingers crossed hear word from medical soon! Anyone else due to start in June? Karen :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.