Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Pam26273
    Started by Pam26273,

    Hiya Got through the home visit stage yippee so another stage closer - had medical the same week so it was a bit of a nervous few days - now got my final panel interview on 9th June - any hints or tips as to what to expect or what to brush up on for the final part??? All help gratefully accepted Cheers P :0)

    • 0 replies
    • 100 views
  2. everton09
    Started by everton09,

    Hi I have my medical and fitness in Penrith on 15th May, does anyone else have theirs on this date??? Mike

    • 34 replies
    • 1k views
  3. jemgjar
    Started by jemgjar,

    Hi everyone. I've just joined and this is my first post. I applied for the MET in Feb, and i have just received a big letter inviting me to an assessment centre in May. Anyone else going in May? Really excited, but a bit nervous! Can anyone tell me what to expect? Thanks in advance.

  4. welshwoman
    Started by welshwoman,

    Hi all, I am about to sit my fitness test for North Wales Police on the 17th June. I am 5ft and small build. Im worried about the push pull test and my physical ability!! I am quite fit and do weights at the gym but not heavy weights! Has anybody got any tips on training further for the push pull??? Thanks

  5. Cat White
    Started by Cat White * ,

    Hiya, I had my second fitness today..on the 1st test i passed the beep test and failed the push by 3 kg. This time I have passed the push and pull (37 and 40 kg) and failed the beep test by 2 runs which would have taken me to level 5.4. I was told to drop out of the test due to my foot not crossing the line at level 5.2!!!! I am absolutely gutted but I was under the impression that you get warnings if you failed to reach the line?! so you get chance to catch up again? 3 warnings means you have failed? can anyone shed any light on this? Am I right in saying I should have got one warning (i didnt get any others on the test) and that I should have been able to catch up…

    • 10 replies
    • 789 views
  6. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi, As above, if someone could pm me with the vetting number, that would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Phil

    • 4 replies
    • 455 views
  7. PatPatPat
    Started by PatPatPat,

    aaaa PatPatPat2010-07-04 21:07:38

    • 1 reply
    • 446 views
  8. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi. I was wondering if anyone could confirm either way. I sent in my police application, in which I had written about my brother's known conviction and other's I heard rumours about (drugs). I also stated I was not in touch with him and had not been since four years ago. I also declared that I had failed another forces vetting. However today I received a letter to state I had sucessfully passed the paper sift stage. Now I ask, Could I still fail vetting for the reasons I have already declared on my inital application?

    • 1 reply
    • 208 views
  9. egg1546620486
    Started by egg1546620486,

    Hi, I got given a provisional start date and i've had my uniform fitted and been given a shoulder number and a warrant card however now i've been told i can no longer start on the date i've been given as they haven't given me medical clearance in time. They haven't failed me and i know the reason they're quering it but has anyone else been in this situation because now i'm stuck wondering AGAIN whats going on its driving me mad! I've given it two weeks but heard nothing which i really shouldnt be surprised about considering how shocking the whole recruitment process is. But yeh if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 200 views
    egg1546620486
  10. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all I am wondering if there are any candidates here who have a/c upcoming for norfolk. It would be nice to hear from others in a similar position. I am currently revising to help my chances. Things are moving along now and recruitment have been very helpful. Lee

  11. Tim85
    Started by Tim85 * ,

    After recently losing my job i am looking at a career in the police force, ideally in South Yorkshire Police. I am just wondering what the process of getting an application form is and when South Yorkshire will be next recruiting? Any sort of info on this is appreciated as it is all very new to me! thanks, Tim.

    • 1 reply
    • 193 views
    TopLoader1546620233
  12. notoriousjinglez
    Started by notoriousjinglez * ,

    Hi Everyone, I just found out i will be on the June 15th intake from TVP, training at Sulhamstead , have not been told where i will based yet tho.. Anyone else gonna be there? Thanks Ben

  13. TaitM91546620137
    Started by TaitM91546620137,

    It's been almost 12 months since I last applied to Lothian & Borders Police. My application was unsuccessful at the initial stages which I think was due to my age, I know their official line is that age isn't a problem but I asked two family friends that are pretty experienced sergeants to check my app. before I sent it and they thought it was spot on in regards to the qualities and competencies, yet when I called the recruitment team I was told that the recruitment sergeant had noted that I didn't match any of the competencies required for the job... So, next month I will be eligible to apply again, however there are a few concerns I have... One is that in Decem…

    • 0 replies
    • 195 views
    TaitM91546620137
  14. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    Finally got the call 5.30pm Friday that I have been offered the 29th Of June!! Woop Woo. What a wait. I've worried all through this process as I know so many others have too. The last stage of worrying, yet still as rough as it's earlier strikes!!! I walked out on a job (not my last, but 1 before that) and also quit my college along with about 10 others due to it being run by a bunch of idiots. I can't quite believe they actually qualified as sparkys let alone "TEACHERS". Both of these are being used as employment/education references so I was told. My qustion is this.... Has anyone any knowledge as to whether anyone has failed at this last hurdle. Pleas don't a…

    • 14 replies
    • 780 views
  15. little1
    Started by little1,

    Hey everyone, I had my day 2 on the 7th of May for the MET and am still waiting on vetting. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything back yet? Cheers MET Event: 12/12/08 Application: Early Jan, can't remember specific date. Day 1: 27/03/09 passed Day 2: 07/05/09 passed Vetting: Waiting....

    • 1 reply
    • 214 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.