Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    Hi all just thought eyed open a new post to include July as i have just had my a/c date confirmed Fri 3rd July. good luck to all taking a/c in June/July

    • 0 replies
    • 103 views
  2. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    Hi i was asked by recruitment to to get a report as i have dyslexia i found it real pane to get one that wouldn't cost me 5 or 6 hundred pounds.stork lucky and found a psychologist who worked from home and his fee was £185 if this is any help for any one let me no and i will give details.

    • 15 replies
    • 443 views
  3. PCWantstobe!
    Started by PCWantstobe!,

    Hi everyone, Well I have passed my assessment centre and surprised myself how well I done... However I thought security checks were done before you went to the assessment centre. I have been arrested before due to a friend getting in trouble with door staff. My friend was assaulted because the was chatting to a girl who apparently was seeing the doorman and the next day we were both released with no charge. My question is: Will this have a negative affect on my security? I have CRB and DV through another job and I have no issues with them but I am concerned it might for the Police. Cheers for any feedback

    • 13 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I'm supposed to wear glasses when reading, watching TV and sometimes for driving. Should I take them with me when I go to the medical, or should I just let them know that I do wear them and mention when I wear them? My eyesight is fantastic, I just get headaches when reading, watching TV and driving for a long time. Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 297 views
  5. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi Can anyone tell me exactly what is the monthly wage for a starting Met PC?I know there is something called London Allowance and then we get free travel, but still not sure how much money you take home every month. Thanks

  6. Bella142
    Started by Bella142,

    Hi guys I'm new to this forum but having well and truly messed up the maths test on my A/C day this week I'm really think i must have failed. Totally gutted as i've wanted this for so long.... just went to pieces and didn't even get past question 10!! Does anyone know how much of the overall pass mark the maths makes up and if you fail it does it mean game over??? Any advice would be great - feeling really down about it all now

    • 7 replies
    • 360 views
  7. celiab1
    Started by celiab1,

    Hi All, I am new to this forum so I am having a look around but thought I would ask for a bit of help!!!!! Can anyone give me some advice on the best ways to study / prepare for the Assessment Centre? What are the best books....key things to have stuck in your memory! Not too sure where to start with the whole process, so I am very worried already.....

  8. gooding87
    Started by gooding87,

    Just wondeing if anyone else has their Day 1 on 29th April 2009? Also, anyone else applied as a graduate or third year Student, with no competency questions in the app form? FYI: i sent off my application at the very start of Feb, and had a letter dated 27th Feb (recieved on 6th March) confirming Day 1 AC on 29th April. Think it was so quick because there was basically no paper sift situation, but there's still over 2months wait inbetween getting the letter and AC.

  9. Rifleman4798
    Started by Rifleman4798,

    Got me medical for Essex police tommorow. Anyone else got theirs, or just had it? James

  10. Bella142
    Started by Bella142,

    Hi guys I'm new to this forum but having well and truly messed up the maths test on my A/C day this week I'm really think i must have failed. Totally gutted as i've wanted this for so long.... just went to pieces and didn't even get past question 10!! Does anyone know how much of the overall pass mark the maths makes up and if you fail it does it mean game over??? Any advice would be great - feeling really blue about it all now

    • 2 replies
    • 739 views
  11. Mr king
    Started by Mr king,

    Hi all iv just sent my application off 11/02/09 for kent police is there anyone out there joining the same constabulary ?

    • 11 replies
    • 364 views
  12. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Is there blank paper provided for workings in the bnumerical reasoning test should you need it? I know the test is short but thought i would ask. Cheers Stuart

    • 2 replies
    • 279 views
  13. sierrawhiskey01
    Started by sierrawhiskey01,

    Hey guys, decided to finally join after weeks of reading up on everything - loads of useful info on here!! Having successfully got through both assessment days in Tayside i am due to start my training on the 21st of July . was just wondering if anybody else on here is gonna be there?? Had the uniform fitting today and i have to tell you - it made it all the more real!! getting my hands on those shoulder numbers for the first time was a hell of a boost

    • 0 replies
    • 404 views
    sierrawhiskey01
  14. cormack
    Started by cormack * ,

    My girlfriend is really thinking of venturing into the scientific support unit. I've done a little background to help her and I see the jobs in forensics generally appear to be on the up. Anyway, she is looking at a photography course this semester to add to science A Levels as a supporting qualification. Now my questions are: Does each force have their own scientific support unit, or is it a regional branch? For example, would it be the Merseyside SSU or would it be Walton SSU, Old Swan SSU, Anfield SSU etc. Who would you contact if you wanted to attempt to get some practical lab time unpaid as a volunteer/work experience (I realise the chances of this are slim, but I…

    • 1 reply
    • 383 views
  15. David1
    Started by David1 * ,

    Hi I'm hoping someone can help with a reference issue which is concerning me. My current employer (1 year) and previous employer (1 year) are happy to provide good references. However, before that, I was in a position for 7 years, and we didnt leave on the best of terms. Basically, it was a sales position in which I had told my employer that I had decided to leave to relocate. I was due a large amount of commission in the run up to leaving and a letter of complaint was written to the office from one of our clients. To cut a long story short it was suggested that they would keep my commission and provide me with a good reference. I didnt feel that I had a leg t…

    • 0 replies
    • 129 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.