Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Stuk
    Started by Stuk,

    Hi all, Just passed my panel today... Does anyone else start in June? Cheers Stuart

    • 17 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. fuldude
    Started by fuldude,

    I know this isn't the right forum for this but I am looking for transfer to Avon & Somerset, can anyone tell me what the force is like to work for

  3. James579
    Started by James579,

    Hey guys. I'm due to start in Essex in June and under the new recruiting drive (operation APEX) all new constables are to go straight into neighbourhood policing teams . Wondering if any existing officers or those currently in training can give me any advice about the NPT's in terms of what to expect when I start? Also advantages/disadvantages of going straight into a NPT? Thanks guys.

    • 1 reply
    • 352 views
  4. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi i have my medical on 17th June and have a eyesight query i wear glasses for distance and meet the requirements with them but once i take them off i only meet the requirements in one eye. When I called and asked they said i should be ok but im still worried i may fail? Does anyone know?

    • 2 replies
    • 156 views
  5. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi all, Got my Day 1 in under two weeks and i'm spending a couple of hours every evening going through the competencies and westshire pack. I was just wondering on the actual day, when it comes to role plays and written exercises, do they provide all the info necessary i.e with the role plays , do they remind you of the westshire policies in relation to the scenario, or do they give you the scenario and let you get on with it. I also have the same question about the written tests. Obviously i know that they won't give you the answers because that defeats the whole point, but if you could offer me any advice without breaking the confidentiality thing you signed, i …

  6. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    Any current or ex military personel applying?

  7. guitarman

    Hi all!! If you've read my other posts you'll know that I've decided to hand the application form into Lothian and Borders this week rathert han wait two months until I think I'll have my upper body strength sorted out. I have several questions which I hope some of you may be able to answer.. 1 - Is there a required BMI? They ask you for your height and weight so I was wondering about this point.. 2 - Do they care about exact dates regarding qualifications obtained, and do they require you to include photocopies with the application (in section 3 it says in brackets that 'all certificates must be produced')? 3 - Will they look down on you if you don't have medals othe…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. YorkshirePud
    Started by YorkshirePud,

    Hello people, I got 55% at the A/C so have got an interview next week. As u prob know any1 who gets 50 - 59% gets a call back for the Kent service. Has any1 out there successfully applied via this route? Any help would be grand. I'm swatting up on local issues etc. Do they ask about the police pledge etc? Cheers

  9. dundeelad84
    Started by dundeelad84 * ,

    Hey hey! I MAY have a little problem guys, but I hope you can shed some light and give me somee advice. Recently I had a drink spiked on a night out. I don't know what with, but it was DEFINITELY some sort of illegal drug, as it was very sudden, and at that point I wasn't too drunk. I didn't report it, nor did I go to hospital etc, as it didn't seem to make me feel bad as such. I just sat myself down and kept quite, then went outside for a bit. Basically, back to normal in half an hour or so. I didn't even think at the time what this could mean for the medical exam/drug test once I have applied! I was planning on going in and speaking directly to the recruitment mana…

    • 6 replies
    • 254 views
    dundeelad84 *
  10. mikeh1546620486
    Started by mikeh1546620486 * ,

    Hi Guys. I'm new to this forum and very impressed.I've just got my letter through re Familiarisation and the next steps. I'm looking for a bit more info regarding the standard entrance test,critical thinking test and the initial interview ie what sort of questions will i be asked? It's nice to be a little prepaired if you know what i mean! Cheers.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. Pam26273
    Started by Pam26273,

    Hi Passed Home Visit last Monday yippee - and medical too ( both in the same week) talk about nerves !! anyway - got final panel interview in a weeks time ! Anyone able to give me some hints, tips etc on what i should be brushing up on ? or is it pretty much in line with what i had at home visit ? Diversity, remote reporting, partnership working etc??? All help gratefully received Thanks P :biggrin:

    • 2 replies
    • 393 views
  12. lop07
    Started by lop07,

    Hi all, from closing date for new constables applications how long does it usally take to hear back if you make it through the application form? This is for BTP closing date was 25 May. It did state due to hi volume of applications you will not be notified if you dont make it through the paper sift.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    Hi does anyone know when the next a/c will be for gmp.I'm hoping for end of June so should here something soon fingers crossed.

    • 18 replies
    • 676 views
    Lee.S1546620511
  14. Kevy D
    Started by Kevy D,

    Hi all, In case there are other Cheshire Police applicants on here from the beginning of the year, I thought that it may be useful to have a thread so we can keep each other updated when we hear the results of our initial applications. This might help to ease the tension of this "waiting period" once someone hears from them, it means the others can't be far away :) I submitted my app before the 9th March 2009 deadline (3rd March if I recall) so I presume it will be late May/early June? Any feedback appreciated as always. Cheers, Kev.

  15. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    I went out on observation on Friday night. This is following officers round and watching what they do. I went with an IRT unit. Obviously I cannot say what happened due to data protection forms I signed. But, what I will say is; if you can go on observation then do so! Very eye opening to the work, but deffo re-iterated to me my desire to join the police. Oh and you do get strange looks too from the public, standing there in plain clothes with a stab vest on saying nothing while the uniformed guys do their thing!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.