Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sam786
    Started by sam786,

    2 things worrying me. Final year of uni I lived out for like 3 months, just had to pay rent and council tax which I paid late but in full in the end. I didnt mention this in my initial application form but should I just add onto the day 2 10 year address history thing? Other then that I have lived at the same address for like 15 years. Second thing while registering for my degree I put Muhammad in front of first name thinking it was my first name as stupid as it sounds even though everyone called me by my understood middle name. However I found out second year that my passport its just Samiul! I didnt change it and just left it, will this cause a major problem?! Im…

    • 3 replies
    • 419 views
  2. Briskoda
    Started by Briskoda,

    Does the pay for probies go up after the intial 6 months in the class room? i.e Tutor phase? Thanks Tim

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. y2k
    Started by y2k,

    Hey guys. was just wondering if there were any ethnic minority's who have applied to any forces. i could not help but notice that i was the only black woman at both the AC and Fitness test. when my boss found out she said she did not think i would be any good at all and when she heard i had a provisional start date, she said i was only going in because they are desperate for anyone who is an ethnic minority... do people think like that? am not stupid enough to be bothered by her comments but......... also, i have gotten to this stage of the recruitment on my own merit... as far as i am aware, the recruitment team do not even know my ethnicity..... Have had a bit of …

  4. paulopadopa
    Started by paulopadopa,

    Hi everyone, I'm just curious about application policy regarding those who have worked abroad for short periods (about 2-3 months) or been travelling before applying for the police. Would this mean they would need to wait for 3 years before they could apply or is this not classed as "living†in another country?

  5. IAmHere1546620512
    Started by IAmHere1546620512,

    Hi all I had not given the prospect of failing vetting much consideration until having read the concerns of others on here and the disappointment of the poor souls who have failed (so sorry to hear about these misfortunes). However I am now terrified that something out of my control will be dug up. There is only one potential issue I can think of and although there is a plethora of useful advice on here regarding similar situations, I wondered if anyone could provide me with some individual reassurance please. My cousin (my Mother's brother's son) is a bit of a black sheep of the family, as far as I'm aware none of my relatives have ever had a brush with the law. He has…

    • 3 replies
    • 365 views
  6. Gezzo1981
    Started by Gezzo1981,

    Hello again folks. Im headed up to Tulliallan in May for my 15 Week course with Strathclyde Police. Can anyone give me a bit of information on what to expect there please? Ive had a look at the website but it isnt full on information. Such as if the gym facilities are available in evenings, and what tthe accomodation is like. Am I right to assume that rooms are on a twin share basis, or are they single... ? Even info on the food available there like is the canteen subsidised/free or overpriced? (should I pack some pot noodles for example...?) Also is there a certain etiquette you need to stick to at all times. Even on a social level. do you get time to meet all …

  7. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    What a week; they eased us in gently but there is still a lot totake in: Monday: Flip chart heaven - a nice warm and fuzzy day to kick things off. Lots of time to ask questions. Started off with some introductions, followed by needs, expectations and concerns, culminating in the creation of a "classroom agreement". I live close to HQ and travel in each day along with 5 or 6 others out of the 20 on the course. We feel a bit like second class citizens - no meals or coffee for free and I have no locker. There are about 40 lockers for the whole building and a huge waiting list. as I am cycling in, it is a bit tricky, so I have co-opted an unused room in one of the old acco…

  8. ElBearo
    Started by ElBearo,

    After a five month gap since my assessment day I had my medical today, it went okay, except I am diabetic and there was glucose in my urine sample.. I believe this is quite normal it still has to be sent to the CMO, grrrrr, so more waiting. I was also worried doing the sight test without my glasses.. blind as a bat! but it seemed to go okay. I have apparently been put down as awol at work today. despite telling them in advance, does anyone know if an employer has a legal obligation to give me time off for a medical like this?

    • 1 reply
    • 209 views
  9. ex-user
    Started by ex-user,

    Ok, so a while back I was caught driving whilst using my mobile, Now the exact circs left me a little bit annoyed, I just had a 5 min conversation with work at the side of the road outside the house I had just delivered too and while saying bye and finishing the conversation I pulled out, to see a police bike coming the other way, Before long I was being pulled over and issued the ticket. However I’ve got no argument, I DID use my mobile on the roads all be it literally 4 seconds, so I’m guilty. That aside, the officer offered me a driving awareness course as an alternative to points and the fine, My question is (since I’m applying to be a special) what do I tell re…

    • 5 replies
    • 310 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  10. tvpnick26
    Started by tvpnick26,

    Hello, A while back I posted that I had had it with TVP and was looking at the Met and TOCU. Obviously listened to some of your responses on here and went to the Open day. I decided that it wasn't for me in the end so stayed with TVP (better the devil you know!) Anyway, I'm still fed up and have applied and have an interview with the BTP for a PC role on the Area Support Group based at London Bridge. Anybody with this unit at the moment and can give me some board advice and a little insight into the day to day operations? I think what attracted me to the role is the Public Order side of the job and also that I could utilise my Surveillance skills also. I have heard fr…

    • 0 replies
    • 809 views
  11. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all I have my assessment centre next week and im revising all i can to help my chances. I appreciate this question may have been ask before but is there any advice anyone could offer to assist me with my application? I have practised the different tests VLR and the maths etc as well as the written assessments. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 133 views
  12. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    Not really a topic as such, just a show of hands of all you boys and girls heading for Hendon on the 29th!! Yet to receive my starter pack but all my refs have come through,security cleared etc, I'm just waiting for it to be signed off! Anyone else waiting on that or am I the last?? Just over two weeks ladies and gents, might even start a little dance in my living room right now!! Yep that's done the trick. Sat in the chair the whole time but what the hell!! Wooop Woooo!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views
  13. Wizza
    Started by Wizza,

    I have just finished re-applying to the Police again and upon getting an application form I had to speak to the Vetting team due to the fact I have previous convictions (traffic offences). He explained that I wasn't allowed 9 points in 5 years or three seperate occurances. I had 8 points on my licence for a car accident (careless) and 3 points for speeding which exceeds the 9 points in 5 years. However, given the benefit of the doubt and being as the 8 points - I thought was from around 4 years ago he gave me the application. I got home and saw that the 8 points on my licence from the car accident are 5 years old on the 17th of this month however, sending my applicatio…

  14. Lilly
    Started by Lilly,

    Hia, I've read as much of the advice already posted as I can but I am a bit nervous about applying. Kinda big deal, don't want to screw it up. Is there any advice anyone can give me about appyling to the essex police, specifically chelmsford?

  15. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Hi Does anyone know of any good interview training organisations? And do they work? I have failed yet another interview (very frustrating), and desperatley need to know where im going wrong. The feedback you get is limited, i need feedback on how i come across as a person. Is it a case of youve either got it or you havent!! My background is 20 years in manufacturing i dont know if this is limiting due to the lack of office type skills. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated. thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 222 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.