Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hubby just rang me at work to say he got my letter and I passed with 64%. (Was so shocked I didn't tell him off for reading my mail.) I'm over the moon but can't quite believe it as I was so sure I'd failed. Got my day 2 on June 22nd at 9.30 and really lamenting the fact that I haven't bothered training too hard because I wasn't expecting to get a Day 2! Gonna have to run home from work I think. I'll write up a longer post on what I found helpful after work as well. I've found those posts invaluable and they obviously worked so maybe my experiences will help others. Good luck for all those waiting to hear back. (shocked and slightly scared) Ky
-
- 16 replies
- 761 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys - as title explains, got my Day 2 on June 22nd, and I'm a bit worried about it. I'm pretty unfit, BMI 27, you wouldn't look at me and think I'm fat at all - I've just got a few extra pounds round the midriff. However I spent 2-3 years at University on a horrendous diet with no fitness whatsoever and at the weekend I practised the beep test audio from this website and I did make level 5.4 however by the end I thought my chest was going to explode! Maybe the nervousness/adrenaline on the day will give me a bit more of an edge. I was also wondering about the dress code - obviously you wear tracksuit etc for the fitness event itself, but do they expect you to travel …
-
Hi, I've been accepted into Lincs Police Force but still havent recieved a start date, i've been told there's one in October and February but that only half the people who have been accepted will be in then, apparently the peopple who have been waiting the longest will start first. I did my assesment centre in September last year and got my letter in december, does anyone know the average time to be waiting as i havent got a job atm and struggling loads, could do with the knowing the sort of time periods people have been waiting for to get in. any help would be much appreciated
-
- 0 replies
- 175 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all its only now that this question has cropped up in my mind if you fail paper sift does that mean you have to wait 6 months before you can re-apply to that/any force or is the waiting time just for that force e.g like me i failed NYP papersift and i have to wait 6 months to reapply but could i apply to the MET because its a different force?
-
When I eventually got through on the phone to find out what was happening (whether I was through the papersift), I was told I should already have had my pack for Day 1 (yipeee!! I got through). Well, no, I said, I haven't had it. OK, they said, we'll send you another one. It's arrived, and the date is smack in the middle of my final exams which means I don't have a lot of time to prepare. Why didn't you start preparing before, I hear you ask. Becoz I have been doing my dissertation, essays etc. and trying to revise for my exams. My question is whether anyone knows how long I might have to wait for another date if I ask for a deferrment to let me (a) concentrate on my …
-
- 7 replies
- 370 views
- 3 followers
-
-
How hard is the test because of my age i have to push and pull 69kg considering i weigh about 78kg this is almost the same as my body weight. I can easily do 20 chin ups on a bar does this give me any indication of what i will be able to do because obviously i can pull up my own weight ? (If that makes sense) Cheers Callumcjmeikle2009-06-14 01:02:09
-
- 2 replies
- 741 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi again, Are the competency questions for the police service application forms the same for every force or are they different for each force. i im hoping to apply for the Met and i was wondering if the competency questions for the Met were different and also what the questions actually were as i would like to do some rough prep before i apply. many thanks
-
Hi all I am a long time reader, but have never felt the need to post before. HOWEVER, I hand delivered my application form to Nottinghamshire on 14th February 09, have been waiting patiently (as you do), for 4 months. I called the recruitment back in April to change some details with them (not contact details) and was asked if I had heard from them yet. My reply was 'no, not yet' to which i got a 'the results should be going out in the next couple of weeks'. I thought excellent and then proceeded to charge the postman everytime I saw him! Anyway, a further 8 weeks down the line (and a very nervous postman!) I called back on Friday, only to have the chap on the end …
-
- 2 replies
- 201 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Thought I would start a topic for anyone attending an a/c in the coming weeks, for general chat, quick nervous rants etc... I have mine on 26th of this month, am pretty nervous but excited too!! How's everyone else feeling? Eeyore
-
- 51 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone I'm starting my met training on 29 june but haven't actually got a clue about exactly what is going to happen. How many weeks is the training at Hendon going to take?Some say 5 weeks, some say 18 weeks. Does anyone actually know for sure? Can anyone just guide me through what's about to happen in the next 6 months or so? Thanks for your help
-
- 22 replies
- 956 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Anyone starting training with Norfolk on the 6th of July? J
-
Hello. I have major concern. I've passed my application stage, now I am waiting for an assessment date which could be in October or January. However, in my current workplace these months fall in the holiday embargo period. So I would not be able to take the time off, and I do 8-5pm days. If I was to tell my manager why I needed the day off, she would make such a big issue- as I've seen how she reacted to someone who applied to another department within the same company! No one in my department can even cover for me. So I’m stuck big-time! Any ideas most welcome
-
Hello, Has anyone else applied to Norfolk on their latest recruitment 20-24th April? Starting to feel a little lost in the Met topics. Good luck to all!
-
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know when any of the police forces will be recruiting again? as all 43 forces are not recruiting at the moment. I was hoping to apply towards the end of this year, i was hoping to apply for either merseyside , greater manchester or the met, but not really fussed. Any help would be very very welcome. thanks
-
Hi there I've just this minute got back from my a/c day and my overriding memory is...that it really isn't as bad as you fear! Trust me! I was nervous sure, but if you know your stuff you will be fine. Be sure of your answers to the competencies outlined in your info packs (though I did change my mind on my example for the RRD when I saw the question!) But whatever you do, get some role play experience or have questions ready that you'd expect to ask of someone who comes to you in your role as a customer services adviser. The role plays were by far the most nerve-wracking thing! If you prepare well you should do well! The staff were great and no-one is there to catch yo…