Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cobretti
    Started by Cobretti,

    Hi to everyone!!! I`m new in this forum guys and I would love to have some help I`m a foreign from the UE, I`ve arrived 2 years ago and I know I have to be here a year more to have the possibility of send an application and I`m looking forward so badly. One of the question I`m wondering is that I believe that they ask you to give references for the last 5 years (please, correct me if I`m wrong) and I don`t know wheter I should ask for the las 2 years references in the country I came from or in this case with my 3 years UK references would be enough? The other question I`ve got is wheter have a diploma/certificate of criminology would help me in anyway after the appli…

    • 5 replies
    • 338 views
  2. Dazbags
    Started by Dazbags,

    Hi all, Can anybody help me with this query that's been gnawing at me for a while now? I've moved around a lot and don't have too many people that would fulfill the referees criteria of having known me for the last three years but are not related or are not serving police officers. One of the people I'm thinking of putting down has been banned for drink driving and has a number of other offences such as speeding and urinating in a public place. Will this make any difference, my record's clean and the guy is a good guy generally? Dazbags2009-05-18 12:07:58

  3. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Okay so i wanted to apply to Merseyside police but because some of my family members have convictions (Dad and Uncle whom i never have contact with anymore) i heard this can cause problems because they both live in Merseyside. However if i applied to Cheshire it would be less of a problem , but i heard that Cheshire is extremely hard to get into, so i don't really know. Both forces are recruiting again this summer i heard. So what do you guys think ? Sam

    • 5 replies
    • 204 views
  4. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Evening all. Having read topics and posts on here about the BTP taking an age to hand out start dates, I'm wondering if someone who's gone through the process could shed some light on how long you could be waiting. Admittedly I'm still young (just about to leave high school and go back to 6th form) but the BTP was the force in particular I was planning on applying for when I was 18. I know that their recruitment of officers is few and far between, so is it realistic to have this ambition? Many thanks in advance. Adam.

    • 5 replies
    • 418 views
  5. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi All, Attended the assessment centre for my day 1 on 11 May 09. They lost my interview results and so I had to go and redo my interview on 26 May 09. Should find out my results within the next couple of weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? Did anyone else on here have their assessment at Hendon on 11 May 09 too? If so have you got your results? This wait is driving me mad. Like most people it's my dream. If I do get through to day 2 it will be on 15 June 09. Anyone else going then? Aimes

    • 15 replies
    • 576 views
  6. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi all! Have just found out that I've passed my day 1 at Hendon. :) I have my day 2 17th June. If all goes well with vetting and references, what intake do you think I will make? Also with vetting, I know they check your financial status. I have never missed a payment on any debts that I have but I do have a few different loans. They equate to approx £3000. Plus I have a £900 overdraft. Do you think this will be ok? Do they just check your credit score? Also a question regarding references. Who will they require references from apart from your current employer? Thanks, Aimes

    • 5 replies
    • 397 views
  7. dcan1
    Started by dcan1,

    Hello, I am soon to be undertaking CIC ( combat infantrymans course) in october with the TA, however I am looking to apply to GMP when they do their next recruitment drive. I would like to know if it is 'worth' doing the CIC, and whether GMP would give me the time off to continue my TA training while doing police training. As I read somewere that you must leave the TA until the police training is complete. Thanks for any advice.

    • 1 reply
    • 208 views
    bristol bouncer
  8. steviem1546620447
    Started by steviem1546620447,

    Hi there folks, managed to get passed the paper sift then c.t.t and s.e.t, but now have the initial interview this coming Saturday. Is there anyone out there that has been through this with Grampian recently ? looking for a few pointers and any help would be appreciated greatly due to the feeling of impending doom that i have at the moment. I have heard (a few years ago now) that it used to be a reasonable experience with the interviewers focusing on you rather than what you know about the force. I have done a good chunk of homework as it is, to try and cover as much bases as i can but there's a hell of alot of info out there. Cheers folks.

    • 11 replies
    • 339 views
  9. grahamm31
    Started by grahamm31,

    Hi sent ma application form away to Strathclyde the other week...................My question is on the part where you tell of previous convictions or fines. I was stopped and talked to at the darts in April some person through a pint over an officer and on the way past my mate said it was me(some mate yeah!!!!!!!)Anyway it was and the officers spoke to me and took my details for their records and sent me on my way. I never marked this down on the application form cause it wasn't a conviction or a fine but only a talking but now i'm thinking i should have. What you guys think should i have marked it down?Should i phone recruitment and check way them? Thanks Graham

    • 8 replies
    • 559 views
  10. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    Hi got my assessment centre next Sunday for Merseyside has anyone else? Never been so nervous in all my life, it’s hard when you want something so bad!

  11. Smiley24
    Started by Smiley24,

    Hello all, Does any one have any practice compentency based questions anyone?? Thanks

  12. JakeS
    Started by JakeS,

    Hi Everyone I am looking to apply to the Police Force in the next few months, and i have been wanting to join for a while. I'm 19 years old and have been working as a Website Developer for the past 18 months just figuring out what i want to do with my life. I like to think that i am a good team player, cool headed, and in good physical shape. I have come to the conclusion that i don't want to be stuck behind a desk all day everyday for the next 40 years looking at a computer screen. So i have a few questions. 1) What is the likelyhood of being accepted at 19? 2) Are the Police Studies (University courses) essential? Would it be worth doing as im still young? 3)…

    TaitM91546620137
  13. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    What are your views an studying a police degree, after university I want to join the police force do you think that a policing degree will help me move up through the ranks in the force and help me out later on in my career. I have thought about studying a different subject so that I have something to fall back on if I can not get into the police force or I do not enjoy it, the problem is that I might not be motivated to study a different subject because I am not interested in it. Have any of you guys done a police degree and what do you think is the best option, thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. TaitM91546620137
    Started by TaitM91546620137,

    In September I'll be eligible to apply again as it will of been a year since my last application. However, there's a slight issue this time as in December 08 I failed a test purchase of alcohol because I failed to check for I.D when the customer was under 18. I was charged under Section 68 (1) and (7) of the Licensing (Scotland) Act. In May I attended court and was given a reduced fine of £150 (down from £240 as I brought evidence of frequent I.D checking and that I have never done anything previously). I emailed recruitment and asked about the potential problems and was told he couldn't comment as it was a vetting issue but he told me that as it was a minor matterit …

    • 1 reply
    • 326 views
  15. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Hi Im just going through the vetting and reference checks for pcso gmp, and was wondering what do they ask former emloyers and what would fail your application? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 935 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.