Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
i had my medical for april but it's been cancelled. anybody else the same? when are people expecting to start if succesful, i was originally told June at the earliest but am expecting later in the summer now
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, When you get your AC dates there are a couple of forms that you are required to fill in, however there is one which has the sections on under-representation. It states that they are looking for in-depth knowledge of said group, or if you are available to provide expert knowledge then please evidence it. My question is does everybody have something for all of these? do you NEED to fill in every example like the q's in the application form. Or is it just if you have a more tangible skill in those areas rather than just a story when you helped out. I hope you can give me a heads up on this as I am a bit stumped as to what they actually want. Thanks.
-
Hello, Im an 18 year old that has just left college, and during my time at college I applied to Greater Manchester Police for the Role as a Student officer. I have passed the first two sections and I have now been invited to an Assesement Center on the 8th July. With this in Mind I was wondering would anyone be able to give me any advice on the Things that are going to be included at the Assesment Center. I have got a few books with the Maths tests and other tests in, however, these are just very very basic. I am also in at a Gym to help with the fitness side of the stages coming up. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Lee
-
I was just at an Edinburgh uni careers fair and got speaking to the officers at the Lothian and Borders Police stand. I resonated with these guys more than any other of the sleazy corporate types from companies like Shell - the students talking to those companies looked like they'd stab you in the back for a placement!! Anyway!!! I was speaking to one of the officers who was saying that I should apply as soon as possible, not even wait two months before I think I'm up to strength. He said that if you fail the fitness (push/pull say, by 5kg) then there is a chance you can re-sit this part a few months later - this still counting as your first application and not second...…
-
Hi all I am not sure if I am able to park at Hendon for my day 1, I have heard there is lots of spaces but not for A/C if this is true where did you park?. Thanks.
-
Hi, just a quick question I was wondering when the MET have the passing out parade is that done after the 32 weeks of training or after the 2 years probation is completed?. Thanks.
-
Hi everybody Its the first time I have been on this forum. I have been applying to join my local Police force (full time Police Officer) for well over a 18 months now. My situation is as follows:- Passed Application Stage Passed Assessment Centre Stage Passed Eye sight test Failed Medical History Fitness Test = have not even taken Security/Financial status = Unknown I have just received a letter from my constabulary informing me that my application has been reveiwed by the Occupational Health Physician and they have advised my constabulary not to proceed with my application? They dont give me any other information other than to appeal this decision in writing if…
-
Hello all, So far I'm lucky enough to have passed every step. However, have my medical coming up soon. Would appreciate any guidance as to what the medical consists of? Also, is that where you have your drugs screening etc too? Does anyone know how difficult the eye test is? Any help appreciated greatly! Cheers, Mark
-
Hey everyone, Thought I'd start a thread for the next stage of our application process, it seems everyone's getting fitness dates for June! I think I'm ok on the bleep test but I'm really unsure about the push/pull tests, I'm trying to locate a machine and from what I can gather the nearest place that used to have one is now a Crowne Plaza so I've just emailed to see if they still have one and what the chances are of them letting me having a go on it.. lol.. If anyone else is interested in popping down to have a go then let me know cos it might be better if we all pop down once as a group to avoid any disruption.. How's everyone else feeling bout their fitness? x
-
Ok, from what i've gathered from reading various books and speaking to people those 5 words will go a long way to help you in the role plays. By using these and tying them in with the competancy areas, then you should just about cover all the positive indicators the assessors are looking for. The thing I'm most worried about is the numeracy and the verbal reasoning tests. I am hopeless at maths and did think I was good at comprehension - until I attempted some of the VR exercises! But hey ho - am detemind to get in come what may and if at first I don't succeed... Here's to AC Anonymous - we'll get each other through it! Have a great Bank Holiday everyone.
-
Was just wondering if anyone can give a few recent pointers for someone starting their day 1 assesment soon. What is the interview like, and any common subjects chosen for the interview or is it based on applicatoin form ?? do they still ask your views on certain subjects that effect day to day policing eg use of firearms or challenging inappropiate behaviour... Also, while on a role....what are the roleplays like.... Any help is greatly appreciated. If there is a previous thread which answers this, then guidance will be greatly appreciated....
-
anyone else got there day 1 on the same day?
-
- 6 replies
- 165 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Going up to Tulliallan in 2 weeks time along with loads of others from Strathclyde.....Has any-one who's been through the mill got any stories of their time there? We haven't really been told what to expect there - and, apart from the web-site, it's all a bit of a black hole....
-
Looking through the topics I have noticed that some people have not got through due to attendance records. Can someone give me an insight on what attendance records are (Feeeling a bit thick today). Cheers
-
is this someething they will look at and just not believe? i dont know how i have done it but thats me, i have had only 2 days sick, and thats been whilst on anti depressants from mild anxiety as well, i just hope they dont think i am blagging it like some of my mates seem to think, is this normal or am i like part of 0.1% of the country?