Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. brunette1977
    Started by brunette1977,

    Did anyone get their first choice? If not what number did you get or did you get something random?.....just trying to work out what my chances are......

    brunette1977
  2. ViperStrike
    Started by ViperStrike * ,

    hi to all, I've finally got a date through for my Day 2 up at Hendon (15/05/2009 - PM session) Anyone else going then out of interest?

    • 1 reply
    • 122 views
  3. Nik35
    Started by Nik35,

    I passed my day 1 and went to my Day 2 last week. Passed that aswell. I was told on Day 2 to chase up my references. When I got home I phoned my referees and they both said they hadnt heard anything. I phoned recruitment and they said references were still in the process of being sent out. Does anyone know when references are requested. Is it before vetting is complete or afterwards. Im getting conflicting information from Hendon. Would vetting have started after Day 2? My day 2 was a week ago and still no reference requests. Am a little confused.

    • 1 reply
    • 149 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  4. davmar1
    Started by davmar1,

    I have a conviction from over 8 years ago for "attempting to enter a sportsground whilst drunk" I am not proud of this is in any way, the conviction was "admonished" I have disclosed this in my application, and have passed my SET tests and initial fitness test for Strathclyde Police, I have my date for the initial interview, could this still halt my progress even though i have disclosed this information in my form. thanks David

    • 1 reply
    • 318 views
  5. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    Hi all, Just a quick question... I've got a two week holiday booked in for July.. it would look terrible if I got invited to the assessment centre for those dates - how can you turn something like that down. Would I be best waiting until after the holiday to apply, do you think, or is there a way around this? Thanks

    • 18 replies
    • 778 views
  6. SLR1
    Started by SLR1,

    Hello to all <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I was lucky enough to get hold of one of the limited applications D&C gave out in September just gone, along with 3 other people I work with. I got my results back within 3 weeks (VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE TIME AS NORMALLY IT TAKES 3 MONTHS). Since passing the initial sift I have completed the financial forms and other vetting. All of my colleagues are still waiting a reply although I have known for about a month now. How many other people have been keeping up with the threads from other posts that are interested or applying to D&C or A&a…

  7. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    i was turned down at the very last minute with gmp, i have obtained under the freedom of information act that nothing is held on file that could prevent me from joining, after speaking to recruitment they say it relates to an incidnent from june 1999 where i was involved in a fracar in a pub at my friends christening. hasten to ad me and my wife were victims of mindless yobs. seeing has no arrest were made and no convictions made could i be right in thinking that the police at the time put a mark on all ou names under public order? if so will my appeal be considered if it is rejected over this i will be seeking legal advice as its a stain on my character that shouoldnt b…

    • 1 reply
    • 255 views
  8. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, Could someone please give me some advice on this? Over the weekend I kinda pushed myself with weights/situps/pushups, and now, since Monday my stomach is kicking off. It's calmed down a bit since Monday, though. The problem is, when I go to walk or jog, I get a stabbing like pain in my right rib cage, which stops me from walking long distances and jogging is non-existent for no more than 1 minute (why it's like that outside, but not in the Gym I'll never understand). Literally feels like someones punching me there nonstop. I've been down the gym a lot these past two weeks concentrating on my jogging, which is improving, but with my right side acting the way it …

    • 10 replies
    • 285 views
  9. wannabe1546620469
    Started by wannabe1546620469,

    Anyone got details of the shift start and finish times and the patterns can't find these for L&B.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
    wannabe1546620469
  10. YorkshirePud
    Started by YorkshirePud,

    Alright people, Just aquick Q. Had my interview today and I think it went well. If I do get in will I be able to work in my own town? Heard conflicting stories. Applied for Kent force so can I be posted anywhere in Kent????????? cheers

    MikeIndiaKiloEcho
  11. thai
    Started by thai,

    Hi guys, Is a tube fine from having the wrong ticket- a criminal conviction? £200 fine which is paid off. This was obtained back in 2002. It is not held on the court database anymore as 6 years has passed.

    • 7 replies
    • 488 views
  12. caz82
    Started by caz82,

    Has anyone seen a reference request which has been sent by vetting? I read on here somewhere that someone had been sent it in error rather than their employer, I can't mind where though. What questions do they actually ask on it? Â

    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    Just looking at the police pension, seems like a good deal. One problem, would i have to still pay the 9% NI? as it seems silly if i have a pension arranged in the police. because 9% NI and then police pension adds up to 20% plus same for tax and 40% a month is gone. is there a way not to pay the pointless NI? as i dnt see where they money will go to, what i do see is me being mugged every month

    • 8 replies
    • 465 views
  14. jonnyrotten
    Started by jonnyrotten,

    Hi guys It would seem that the police force say you must have spent the last 3 years in the UK? I lived abroad for a while and will be coming up to 3 years in November. Does this mean I cannot apply until November? Grateful for your thoughts.

    • 1 reply
    • 192 views
  15. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi I have a interview for a PCSO for GMP a week on Thursday just wondering if anyone can give me any advise on what to expect. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 117 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.