Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SSGSSG1546620507
    Started by SSGSSG1546620507,

    Hi, I had several severe epileptic fits when I was 5 years old, I was on medication for a few weeks and I havn't been on medication since with no more symptoms - I have worked and ridden with horses for over 15 years and been hit on the head in everyway possible and I have been fine - so I'm fine with being hit over the head. Another problem is I was admitted to hospital for asthma on several occassions when I was about 5/6 and finally stopped taking medication when I was about 10/11 and have had no more symptoms since - I was a police cadet, have done my DofE awards (Bronze to Gold) so physical exercise is fine for me. I was wondering whether I eligible to join the p…

    • 3 replies
    • 184 views
    SSGSSG1546620507
  2. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    Any idea what to wear guys? Is it smart and change when you get there or tracky all the way?

    • 36 replies
    • 1.3k views
    HURDLER11546081104
  3. File A
    Started by File A * ,

    Afternoon, Out of interest, is there any point in applying to become a PC with the Met without becoming a PCSO first? Getting conflicting info. Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 378 views
  4. BigBuzzard
    Started by BigBuzzard,

    Hi guys, Came across this "example of an interactive exercise from a previous Police SEARCH® Assessment Centre" whilst googling for insights into a/c. Think its really useful to see an example of what to expect and couldn't see this is any other forums and best of all it is PUBLIC domain info! http://www.npia.police.uk/en/6687.htm Reflective thought - Personally I think if the NPIA are gonna post this kind of info online in the public domain then why not make candidates aware of it in the welcome pack?!

    • 2 replies
    • 5.4k views
  5. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Hello all, firstly I did use the search function but couldn't find what I was looking for. If I have missed it, please link minus the sarcastic comment Also, if you aren't allowed to share this information, please say instead of just ignoring this thread, thanks. Anyway. The recruits training at Hendon. Can anyone give a rundown of what is included (not a breakdown of weeks, like 4 at hendon 5 on a satellite site etc) but actually what you do. Units, topics, paperwork, exams etc. Im getting a little paranoid now that I could fail - which I DON'T want to happen, so a little heads up would be cool... ta

    george76271546620128
  6. dayday85
    Started by dayday85,

    Hi everyone, i passed my assessment back in december 08 and had to get laser eye surgery done b4 i could progress. I got it done in jan 09 and sent off all my vetting forms and questionnaires etc in feb, but............ i haven't heard anything about any medical dates or fitness dates and every time i ring up they tell me as long as ive done my assessment they won't get rid of my application. Just getting a bit scared because a lot of people have been talking about getting dates and it's now been nearly 6 months since my assessment date. Sorry for rambling just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or if anyone know's whats going on? Don't really want to ring the…

  7. slee1984
    Started by slee1984,

    Hi, I start my PC training with Norfolk on 15th June. Can any one who has recently done training or is currently on the course tell me if they pay fuel expenses for travelling to Wymondham daily ? I am aware that people living more than 25 miles away can claim accomidation at the OCC but i not able to do this as my other half works nites and i will need to be at home in the evenings for my daughter. I live in Lowestoft 35 miles from Wymondham. Cheers Steve

    • 1 reply
    • 546 views
    Georgie1545925588
  8. lop07
    Started by lop07,

    Hi to all 1st post I have a conviction for theft which was 10yrs ago it was for nothing major but theft is theft. I have been told By the met vetting team that as long as 10yrs has passed nothing is stoping me from applying for the met, i am about to submit an application form for BTP london and was wondering if this still stands? Does any one know how i can get a phone number for btp vetting team as i can only find an email address?

    • 5 replies
    • 487 views
  9. rotorrottie
    Started by rotorrottie,

    Just wondering, does everyone get issued their own personal radio, or do you have to book one out and back in, every shift you work? Cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Anthony Smith
  10. violet1546620505
    Started by violet1546620505,

    HI, Has anyone who applied for avon and somerset heard anything yet????????? would like to know one way or another if I passed the paper sift!!!!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 417 views
    violet1546620505
  11. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    I know it sounds silly but i am a student and have worked at a few places in my time of being a student and therefore cant remember all my details, is there a way of obtaning my employment record from somewhere to confirm dates and addresses? thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 768 views
  12. doogie1546620507
    Started by doogie1546620507 * ,

    Just had a reply back from the Met, after passing the paper sift, the day 1 and day 2, I have been told they are withdrawing my application for consideration. Spoke to Vetting who due to data protection could not give me a reason as to why I had been declined. Very frustrating! I'm 100% sure I was deemed unsuitable because of my brother, it's something I didn't hide and included on my application. I just don't understand why they let me proceed so far with out pulling me up on it sooner. I am going to appeal against the decision; under vetting policy Where relatives or the associates of an applicant, are found to have unspent convictions or cautions, for recordable offenc…

    • 3 replies
    • 530 views
    jemz1546620088
  13. nr01
    Started by nr01 * ,

    I have been informed that I have passed my SET. I see there is a lot of info on the English Assessment day. Can anyone give tips on the Scottish?

    • 7 replies
    • 281 views
  14. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hi, just wanted to get in contact with those who are waiting to join Essex. I took my Medical on 21st January and haven't heard a thing since..... Not even conformation that I have passed the medical!

    • 1 reply
    • 396 views
  15. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Just got off the phone from recruitment. They said that references are currently being sought (previous employer - should be no problem there) then I would be presented with a provisional start date. This will be either start of August or the September intake. Once the start date has been offered, they will then approach my current employer. He also said that they give 6 weeks notice for start of course, so I guess that means in 4 weeks time I will have a better idea if Im Aug or September. How is everyone else getting on...

    • 6 replies
    • 376 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.