Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    I have recently been made redundant from my previous job. If I claim repayment cover on my credit card on unemployment grounds will this have an adverse affect on the financial vetting? Any comments would be much appreciated as I really aren't sure what to do!

    • 5 replies
    • 535 views
  2. o0lee0o
    Started by o0lee0o,

    Hi guys, Just a quick question to which i havent found an answer on other posts (unless im blind so i'll fail my medical anyway haha). Ive been taking protien suppliments and complex carbs for my training. Do i need to note these for my medical questionaire? Boothy

    • 6 replies
    • 232 views
  3. KJ13
    Started by KJ13,

    Hi All I have my MET day 1 on the 20th May - I an feeling ok at the moment. Anyone else on this day or next week? K

    • 4 replies
    • 132 views
  4. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    I have my day 2 tomorrow at 08:00 hrs. Who's there with me hopefully breaking the dyno machine as it reads error 999kg...lol See you all there bright and early. Rob.

    • 16 replies
    • 354 views
    toro rosso1546620414
  5. maybach
    Started by maybach * ,

    Hi I attented my day one at Hendon on the 24th April. Told on the day that the results would be with us by the 8th May. Here we are on the 15th and no good news yet. Has anyone else who attended Hendon the W/C 20th had their results. Thanks

    Janza1546621399
  6. asif24
    Started by asif24,

    Please can some one tell me some good organisations who give you an in depth process on day 1 and what you need to succeed. I heard of in 2 police who offer some courses but anyway knows of the south east london organisation and please can you tell me there websites. Thanxs

    • 3 replies
    • 192 views
  7. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Just thought id let you guys know Sam

    • 0 replies
    • 209 views
  8. jamo1545925601
    Started by jamo1545925601,

    Hi, im a new poster. Been looking whilst completing application etc, anyone else got this date for the assessment centre? What is the best way to prepare for the day...I have obviously read all the gunf that came with the assessment day letter. Any help, obviously without breaching the confidentiality aggreement, would be much appreciated. Jamo

    • 4 replies
    • 561 views
    brunette1977
  9. JNR-88
    Started by JNR-88 * ,

    Hi All, Got my A/C day on the 21st May and was wondering if anyone knew if there was car parking at Hendon. I can take the train but it make my journey much longer to go into Central London then come back out. Easier to North Circ all the way there. What you lot think? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 129 views
  10. Huncho
    Started by Huncho,

    Hi Guys, Just started the new fitness regime to get up to LBP standards. I know there are different sex and age bandings. i.e. Male under 25 must run 1.5 miles in under X mins, Female over 30 must run 1.5 mile in under X mins etc etc. But can anyone confirm what these banding are? If it helps, im a 22 year old male. Thanks in advance!

  11. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    About 3 - 4 years ago my cousin was caught stealing from tesco however i was with him. Heres the story, When me and my cousin were going to tesco (by bidston moss) we walked through the feilds and there was a group of older lads there around my age now 18, at the time i was only 14 and they forced me and my cousin to try and rob from tesco. We were terrified they said if we didnt they would virtually kill us if we told anyone they would kill us. when i got in there i refused to rob but my cousin was so scared he went through with it and got caught. When he got caught he told them i was with him and i got brought in to the backroom aswell, they called the police and we…

    • 16 replies
    • 539 views
  12. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hey all, I've got my first day coming up in a couple of weeks and to help me prepare for Tulliallan i've increased my running from once a week (20 minutes) to twice a week (30 minutes) - mostly on concrete. I was on a fitness forum last week and starting reading about people damaging their achilles tendon and i've got a little paranoid about it beause recently after my runs i notice my achilles tendons more than i used to (this feeling hangs around for 24-48 hours). I'm not in pain but i am more aware of a feeling in the back, and to some extent the side, of my heels. It may just be the feeling that comes after you've exercised your muscles but i'm not sure if that's …

    • 0 replies
    • 118 views
  13. caz82
    Started by caz82,

    Hi all, Firstly, excellent forum! Spent the last hour searching and reading through some queries I had and it has been most helpful but got a few questions (no doubt the first of many!). I have completed most of my application and left the worst til last, part 9 general info. So here goes.... First of all, communtity interests. I was in the Army Cadet Force for 3 years and have stated this. As it only asks if you have been a member of any organisation, should I go into detail here about skills etc gained or bring that into other information; special skills/attributes? Which brings me onto my next question. The space here is very small, I realise there is 2 continutaion…

    • 3 replies
    • 247 views
  14. IanQPR
    Started by IanQPR,

    Hello all, I have a particularly unique situation, and just wondered if anyone else has come across anything similar and whether it could be a problem or not! A couple of years ago my Dad told me and my sisters that we have a half sister who lives in Manchester. When it came out there was an argument about whether she was related to us or not and she didn't seem to want to know me, so I didn't put her own on my family section of the application or vetting forms in Feb 08 when I got through (been a long wait!). In July last year I contacted her and since then we have been in regular contact. I didn't ring recruiting about it, to be honest it had been put on hold and I…

  15. JordanW
    Started by JordanW * ,

    Hello, I'm Jordan, 18 years of age (17th March) I'm currently doing the Prince's Trust Course at my local firestation. I left school with 6 GCSE's at Grade C in English,Science,History and ICT. After I left school I went into college and did the Plumbing Technical Certificate Level 2, I gained Key skills up to Level 2 for English and Maths, Level 1 for Working with others. I also gained a CSCS Health & Saftey Card. Now I've wanted to join the Police since I was 16, but as young boys do I got into abit of trouble and in with the wrong crowd. While my Parents were splitting up and getting a divorce, (not an excuse I know) I went to football matches with some known …

    • 4 replies
    • 385 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.