Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Yep - after 14 months of application and passing everything (quite well if I can say without blowing my own trumpet!) and due to have my medical tomorrow, I got the dreaded call from GMP recruitment this afternoon. I have failed vetting, no details given as to why and no indication given that I could re-apply in the future. I'm absolutely gutted and dont mind admitting a big 30 year old guy even had some quiet tears today. I cant think much beyond the crushing dissapointment at the moment and the wasted 14 months etc etc and Im certainly not after sympathy but I just thought I would post to let you all know! Good luck to everyone who wants to be a copper, I thought I wo…

  2. autopilot

    Hi all, Although i had been informed that i got a total of 55% for my AC over the phone, i got my results today detailing what i actually scored in each area... 71% in RRD with no D's, 100% Oral and not as bad as i thought in the role play's and ok in the maths/reasoning. Where it went badly wrong was in the written. I thought one excercise was poor (ran out of time, bit messy) but the other was good. However i scored 33% overall for written. So i was hoping to transfer to West Mid's who will take 55% - however, does a written 33% throw a spanner in the works? Do you have to get a minum in all area's? Does 33% mean i automatically completely failed the written and the…

    • 4 replies
    • 277 views
  3. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    I got my CASA form today, is it fair to assume that I got a day one? # If so: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D If not then: lol Sorry MOD's if there's another topic like this you can delete this one!!

  4. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    Hello anyone know if you ae informed you have passed your initial interview in person on the day, or is it by post?

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
  5. johnlarner
    Started by johnlarner,

    Hi all, Been wanting to apply for the police for a long time, and as i've got university and travelling out of my system now, I went ahead and did it. This is the status of my application to date: Competencies application form - OCT 08 (passed) Preliminary medical check - NOV 08 (passed) Interview - Feb 09 (passed) Fitness Test - March 09 (Passed) Assesment Centre - April 09 (Failed) Assesment Centre Results - Overall mark 59% - Oral communication 100% - Respect for race and diversity 71% - D's in respect for race and diversity 0 - Written communication 33% Obviously I failed on my written communication which is crazy because I thought I did well on that, …

  6. lcol981546081060
    Started by lcol981546081060,

    Just wondered if anyone has had a start date for May for the MET yet? If so when did you find out? thanks

  7. Machasma
    Started by Machasma * ,

    Anyone else on the June 27th Fitness Test for Essex? :-)

  8. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    Hi all, Just a note to those gearing up for the GMP fitness tests next month; I managed to haul two traffic cones (battered & abondoned by the construction Co. I would like to confirm - not hauled from serving the duty on a road somewhere) and measured out 15m with a tape measure and i was pleasantly suprised!! 15m isn't *THAT* far at all and i managed to easily complete the lvl 5, shuttle 4 requirement without being too out of breath...must admit, level 6 was more of a challenge and level 7 handed my ass to me so i still want to train for it as i know the trainers @ the Fitness test will expect you to keep going after level 5. Just wanted to let y'all know that…

    • 3 replies
    • 232 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  9. jen4jenuk2000
    Started by jen4jenuk2000,

    Hi, I am wondering if anyone here has been given 6th July start for Sussex and if anyone has got Eastbourne PDU?

  10. beanreed
    Started by beanreed,

    hello all, ive never posted on here before but i was just looking for a bit of advice. here goes - i was comopletely honest on my application form which i submitted feb 2008. prior to applying i emailed recruitment to ask if i would be ok and was told that i would be fine. my problem is that in 2001 i was caught stealing swets from woolworths. i had just turned 14. my parents were going through a bad patch and i was being bullied at school and some of my "friends" stole from shops in the town centre. i tried it that day and that day only to try and fit in i guess. i got caught and i got a reprimand. 8 years have passed and im now 22. ive never been in any more trouble. …

  11. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    anyone had results or heard anything from TVP papersift yet?

    • 3 replies
    • 371 views
  12. Smit6000
    Started by Smit6000,

    Hi all, I am in the process of trying to transfer my application from another force to the Met. Are there any stipulations with the Met Police Service about where you are allowed to live in comparison to the borough you police? I have heard that you have to live within a certain distance of the Police Station you work. I need to move to the South from the North, and have been offered a room in Maidenhead.

    • 8 replies
    • 569 views
  13. Carter Smith
    Started by Carter Smith,

    I have contacted vetting and they have unfortunately rejected my application. They said that because i have a reprimand for shoplifting in 2003 (i think i was 17 and i tried stealing a CD from HMV) i am unable to be a police officer. I DECLARED THIS ON MY FIRST APPLICATION AND EVERYTIME THE MET HAVE ASKED ME TO DECLARE ANYTHING. Can you please tell me why i wasn't rejected at the start when i handed in my application instead of leading me along for 11 months and watching me pass all of the tests? I passed my day 1 and was declared 'more that suitable' on my day 2. Everything was going fine. I'm confused and devastated why the police would allow me to get right to the f…

    • 1 reply
    • 324 views
  14. NicholasAngel1546620428
    Started by NicholasAngel1546620428,

    Have today returned all forms to recruitment and handed my notice in at my current job. Very nice feeling. Is there anyone else on here that will be on the same intake? Pleasantly surprised at the speed of the application process - 5-and-a-half months from application submission to start date. I feel for those who have been in the process for upto 2 years in some cases. Can't wait to start and meet everyone.

    • 25 replies
    • 1.9k views
    NicholasAngel1546620428
  15. hammer50
    Started by hammer50 * ,

    Can anyone advise me what happens after 2 year probation. Would like to attempt to Join the Met when I can and work as close to home as possible. Living in Maidstone this would be the Bexley area. I have been told that after the 2 year probation period you can get posted anywhere in the Met and you dont have an option to say no.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.