Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. slee1984
    Started by slee1984,

    I am waiting for a start date with norfolk, had my medical and uniform fitting last week. Any body else waiting for a start date with norfolk i have heard the next intakes are 15th june and 6th july cheers steve

    • 0 replies
    • 154 views
  2. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi, have posted a new topic earlier but nobody seems to reply, i would really like some advce on what sort of training programme i should draw up in order to get through west mids fitness test, could u tell me wot u all did to prepare xx

    • 4 replies
    • 237 views
    jacky_032001
  3. G.I
    Started by G.I,

    Hi guys, sorry another vettng/Finacial post. About 5 years ago i took out a mobile phone contract, i was unemployed ( stupid thing to do i know ) and unable to pay of alot of the bill. From reccolection.(SP) i got letter of a balif company and then pooed myself and paid it off after borroing of now ex gf ( dnt worry i paid her back when i got employed). Im sure i must have got default. But do i still have to pay the bill? if i paid the debt collectors agency? For the last four years iv had the same job, never missed a payment on anything ( i hope) i even took out a high intrest loan to repair any damage that i did and to better my credit score for future borrowing. In fa…

    • 10 replies
    • 660 views
  4. MrBrightside18
    Started by MrBrightside18 * ,

    Hi guys. I know it probably differs from applicant to applicant, but has anybody got an idea of how long it takes to receive your start date after successfully completing the fitness and medical? If it helps I've been accepted by the Metropolitan Police. Many thanks, Steve.

    • 4 replies
    • 437 views
  5. mattyb
    Started by mattyb,

    I know this is going to seem like a naive question but does anybody know what are the percentages of all the tests marks eg. verbal logical reasoning,numerical reasoning test, role plays, writing tasks and interview or is it fail one fail all?? Hope this makes sense,am waiting for my AC date for tvp specials and am really bricking it.......especially the maths questions. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 279 views
  6. graham9045
    Started by graham9045,

    Hi all,received my letter today to go for my final interview on Mon 18/05/09,i'm looking for a bit of advice/tips etc thanks Graham.

    • 3 replies
    • 577 views
  7. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi all, im new to this forum and so far its answered sooo many of my questions so thx 4 that, i passed my assessment centre 2 weeks ago and now have to start training to get myself ready for fitness test. i just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what sort of training programme you have used or what would be best to get me ready for the west midlands circuit??

    • 4 replies
    • 165 views
    jacky_032001
  8. jim_s02
    Started by jim_s02,

    Hi everyone, I start on the 20th april and am so excited. I have very little money to survive the first month until we get paid so i am trying to budget. Does anyone know how quickly we get our warrant cards so we can get free travel? I am very confused coz a woman at our day 2 said it should be the first couple of days of training, then the pack says week five. I also rung up recruitment who were as helpful as usual and didnt have a clue and said "probably week 3 maybe." Also if any one else is starting on the 20th say hi! Any definitive help would be great or if you are in training now when did u get yours? Cheers

    • 42 replies
    • 8.5k views
  9. butter
    Started by butter,

    Heya Failed my third police interview today at GMP, am gutted :sad: I know I can do the job and have the knowledge but I seem to come across poor in interviews, my nerves tend to get the better of me I think and all the stuff I know just disappears! Can the PAT help with this situation or is there an outside organisation that can help? Many thanks! Becky

    • 0 replies
    • 132 views
  10. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Anyone know of any services for being informed when a force is recruiting? I know there was a site that that sent text's when the fire service was recruiting (for a fee), anything similar for the police? Or anything else? Dont want to miss the window for West Mids, need to transfer my AC results.

    • 10 replies
    • 483 views
  11. eyeball1546081063
    Started by eyeball1546081063,

    Anybody starting on the 26th MAy 2009?

  12. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    I have an assesment for north yorkshire next week I just want any advice, tips, anything? Also does any know how many people that get an assesment will get in? such as 20%, or is there no way of knowing? I have a book, and the how2become cd from the college libary Any advice or information would be great! p.s im still only 18 if that makes a diffrence to the advice Thanks guys!

    • 1 reply
    • 118 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  13. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, Did anyone catch the news?? More Police Needed!! Does anyone know what effect this will have on the current recruitment situation? Regards Rick

  14. doeballs
    Started by doeballs * ,

    Hi there, Im just looking for a bit of advice. I have recently been for my medical for Essex and am now in the vetting stage. Assuming I dont fail vetting, I have no idea how long it will be before I start training, and so wanted to know whether it would be worth taking up a new job offer in the meantime, as a postman. It is much better pay than my current job, and sounds infinitely more interesting. But is it worth it with having to work a month's notice at my current job, and then training and so on. And would it hold up my vetting procedure? I guess I would have to inform them of the change of job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

    • 2 replies
    • 247 views
  15. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I've just passed my fitness test for West Midlands Police and awaiting a start date. I live in Shropshire at the moment and i'm planning on relocating to Birmingham. When I'm doing my training i'm going to be in Police accommodation, has anyone used this? What's it like? How far away from Tally Ho training centre? Thanks, Dan

    • 0 replies
    • 352 views
    Borat1546620039

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.