Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
After reading everyones fears on vetting ,i checked my credit record and discovered 2 defaults from 2003 totaling no more than £700 have had finance after theses defaults were placed, but never stopped me getting items.even when i pay these off hope it does no go against me.
-
Right, ill start by saying ive included all of the following on my application form, i havent tried to hide anything. i am applying to west mids and have passed the paper sift and assessment centre. now its time for vetting. Basicaly im worrying myself a lot keep thinking im going to fail because: 1) i have never met my dad and as such have no contact details or even a name for him. (thanks mum). 2) I have a satisfied ccj for £100 against my name. satisfied being the operative word here, i think its only unsatisfied ccjs that are a problem. 3) in 2001 when i had just turned 14 i got caught shoplifting with another boy. it was just sweets and drinks etc. i wa…
-
Hey, would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. At Uni at the moment and would like to join the police after I graduate. It says on the application forms though that you have to declare all convictions or cautions including parking tickets. I have to fixed penalty tickets one for £30 and one for £60 I think. The first was just after I'd passed my driving test when I was 17 (4 years ago). Went to pick up a friend late one night (after 11) and tooted the horn. Couldn't believe I got a £30 ticket for this but took it on the chin. Was also issued with a producer and took all docs down to local station which was fine. The second one was more deserved. Had had a…
-
Hi Can anybody help? I have got my medical in a couple of weeks for GMP. I have a small hernia in my groin area i have had this hernia for 5 years at the time that i first found it the Consultant advised me that it was so small that it didn't need surgery. I declared it at my medical when i joined the Specials and the Doctor examined it and declared me fit. Will i be ok?
-
Hi. As anyone had the call from GMP about starting in May yet, Hopefully should hear off them this next week, fingers crossed anyway.
-
- 53 replies
- 2.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Got a letter through early March, stating that my Day 1 was scheduled for 23/04 but then a couple of weeks ago I received another pack stating my Day 1 was scheduled for 17/05! Obviously I called the recruitment line and the guy seemed a little confused, but stated he will send an email (not sure to who - Hendon?) and if I did not hear anything back I was to assume my Day 1 was still on for 23/04. I am obviously gearing up for 23/04 as I have not heard anything, but the recruitment guy's lack of confidence has caused me concern. Just want to get it over with! Anyone else been in this situation? Thanks.
-
Okay, had my beep test on Saturday. A pulled muscle in my right calf meant I couldn't complete, although I did everything else okay. I've been given two more shots at it, looks like four weeks and eight weeks, before they fail me. I can walk okayish now, hurts a bit and pulls a lot but way better than it was. Anyone got any experience of injuries like this and could give me advice on how the hell to get over it and ready for the re-test in the shortest possible time, please? I'm really worried about it!
-
- 10 replies
- 329 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I scored 55% at the AC, but the force i applied for (West Mercia) require 60%. Has anyone successfully transferred to a force that takes a lower mark, or been knocked back even though they do? Do you still have to go through the initial paper application sift again? I have spoken to a couple of forces (Cheshire and West Midlands) that say they will accept my results when they are recruiting again, but i am unsure of the process. Would be better off trying for West Mercia again in a few months? Any info gratefully accepted :)
-
- 0 replies
- 331 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just to put this one to bed.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but it varies for each force. So you can apply to Lothian and Borders twice only, Strathclyde three times only, and so on. So if you're looking just at those two, you can apply five times. What if you apply to LBP twice, fail both times, get accepted into another force... I take it you still have the opportunity to transfer? Thanks - I'm sure this will be news to some, seeing as yuo can apply as many times as you like down south! (Or at least so I believe!)
-
Hi Guys, I have my MET day 1 on 3rd June and since I live in Northern Ireland I want to fly over the day before to get a good nights kip before I do my assessment. Where is the handiest hotel to the venue in Simpson House? Thanks for your help, Ash
-
Do I have to give my fluffy caged children away or would they be allowed in a section house...? When I say fluffy caged children, I refer to my rats... or is this a no go.... does anyone know?
-
Recently sat my assessment centre, think I did ok but just waiting to hear now! The pass mark was 60% with derbyshire. This seems quite low to me but I presume it must be hard to pick up scores? What sort of score is generally regarded as a 'good pass' in order they take you on if places are limited? Anyone any ideas? Any help appreciated, Regards, Mark
-
Hi All, I have a slight problem and need advice. I applied to West Mercia Constabulary at the start of the year. I received a letter on 4th March to say that I had been successful, but I was awaiting an Assessment Centre date. Yesterday I received a letter saying "Due to an administrative error the letter dated 4th March 2009 which indicated you were successful was incorrect. The feedback you received did state 'Overall your application did not meet the standard required" Now they are basically saying that I have failed and that I have to wait 6 months to re-apply. However, I did speak to the West Mercia positive action team before submitting my application. They lo…
-
Hey all. Had my AC today and i am 99% sure i failed. Nerves and pressure of the day got the better of me and i was a complete gibbering wreak in the role plays. By the last one i had practically lost the ability to read/think speak. No flow, talked to much and did not ask any many decent questions. I completely missed the point, and will be kicking myself for months. Interview was not too bad, much i ran out of time of one of the questions. Written was ok. But as you will automatically fail if you dont score on diversity in every event, i must have failed diversity on the role plays. One of the hardest days of my life. If i do it again, the main preparation i will do…
-
Hi there, first of all, hello, I'm new here, this is my first post. I have a question about the medical. I recently had a smear test done which came back borderline abnormal. Do you think this needs mentioning? I have to go back for a retest in August, six months after the first test. Do you think this may cause problems for my medical test? Thank you in advance. Nice to meet you all!