Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    I start my training in july, and the 1st 5 weeks is shirt and tie i believe. We then get give our kit. I just wondered are you allowed to travel to work with just say your shirt and trousers on. Or do you have to get changed at work? Just wondered how it generally works. J

    • 1 reply
    • 589 views
  2. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi I have my Met day 1 tomorrow and Im now feeling quite nervous does anyone have any last minute tips or advice. Many Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 349 views
  3. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, I'm curious to know if there is anyone on here that has met the infamous Bill Hodge (Co Author "The New Police Selection System" book)?? Please feel free to share any experiences you have had with this exceptional guy!! Regards Rick

  4. butter
    Started by butter,

    Does anyone know whether the PCSO interview for GMP tends to be easier or the same as the Police Officer interview? I failed the PCSO interview for Lancashire last summer by half a mark and recently failed the Police Officer interview for GMP. I had my PCSO assessment at GMP this week and i'm hoping for an interview soon. Many thanks Becky

  5. jboymans
    Started by jboymans,

    hi, as some of you probs know i passed my day 2 in april and i am hoping to get on the june intake for the met i just have a couple of questions on the first week at the school what actually do you do because ive heard you just basically do fitness tests also what do you do with the equipment you get do you get a locker or do you take it home many thanks Joe

    • 2 replies
    • 584 views
  6. Lj180
    Started by Lj180,

    Hey, Just a wee introduction. I'm Lisa, 23 and I just passed my fitness test for Northern Constabulary on Friday. So thats me in! I've spoken to a few people who think the next available intake for Tulliallan would be June? Just wondering if there is anyone else about who has just passed or who will be doing their fitness soon? Any tips on reading? I have the Scottish Officers Beat Companion already. Thanks!

  7. elifch
    Started by elifch,

    Hi everyone!! I was wondering if anyone has got any idea of Merton Shift Pattern for PCSO's please? Thank you so much in advance

    • 0 replies
    • 737 views
  8. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    I know this topic has been covered many times but please could someone tell me (if they know) the shift patterns for the following boroughs. I have searched this but not all of the ones I want to know have been covered and want to make sure they haven t changed from 5 months ago. Many thanks to those who can answer!!!! Camden Islington Brent Haringey Enfield Barnet Hammersmith & Fulham

    • 0 replies
    • 373 views
    a0400798@hud.ac.uk
  9. amandatrec
    Started by amandatrec,

    Hi I applied to Notts Police in early November and as yet I still havent heard when my assessment centre will be. Has anyone else who applied to Notts at this time had their date set yet? Cheers

  10. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    HI all, just curious to say as to whether or not anyone else has come throough the recruitment process through the Positive Action team??? They've been an absolute God-Send in terms of support.

    • 8 replies
    • 441 views
  11. matt5678
    Started by matt5678,

    I Found out yesterday i was issued with a Public Order Section 5 on the 1st september 2007. I spoke to the police station who issued this fine and they said it was on the file but nothing about the incident was showing.The lady said apart from that there were good things on my file and that i had been a law abiding citizen. I contacted the Veting dept today as instructed by the MET HR Dept to find out if this would stop me joining. I explained to her that i was issued with a Public Order Fine 2 years ago and would this stop me joining the Police? She said that yes it would stop me and that i would have to wait untill 5 years had passed before i would be accepted. I expl…

    • 30 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. SYP Can09
    Started by SYP Can09 * ,

    Please can someone give me inspriation to why they joined their force i know what i want to say but putting it into two lines is easier said than done Let me know asap Thanks for your time SYPC09

    • 0 replies
    • 350 views
  13. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi Ladies and Gents. I have just recieved a letter confirming the date for my day 1 - good news !!!! But, they have included a 'Life Skills Questionnaire' which has the following questions ; Please demonstrate any insight, knowledge or experience of issues associated with any of the following areas: faith/belief. age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race/ethinicityand/or any other groups ???? I'm a bit stumped, i mean i haven't really had any massive experience with any of these and have no real in depth knowledge. I'm sure if i think hard enough then i can come up with something but i don't want to balls it up. Could anyone offer any advice or nudge me in th…

    • 5 replies
    • 347 views
  14. laurenp85
    Started by laurenp85,

    Hi, does any one know how long it takes to hear back with a start date for the met after you pass day 2? Just some kind of an idea would be great. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 549 views
    brunette1977
  15. majestic
    Started by majestic,

    Just had my assessment day at hendon today, gotta admit it wasnt as bad, as I thought it would be! First off was the role plays which went very well indeed, I think I said all what was needed then came the interviews! Cant complain about that either. The written and verbal reasoning went well aswell One thing I feel i didnt do too well on is the maths as I ran out of time and missed alot of questions! Question is will doing badly in one section effect my overall grade significantly and how is the papers marked? Do I need to get an overall percentage in each module to pass or like I said, if I did well in everything else and poor in maths will that matter? Would apprec…

    • 4 replies
    • 314 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.