Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jonnyrotten
    Started by jonnyrotten,

    Does anybody have any idea when either of these forces will be having another recruitment drive? Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 258 views
    captain black
  2. toola
    Started by toola,

    Please could anyone confirm when it is . I thought they told me the 22nd June. Just had Assessment one on Friday and hoping i have done enough to get through.

    • 10 replies
    • 344 views
  3. harvb
    Started by harvb,

    Hi all. Got a question and I wonder if you could help, please. I'm due to attend my Assessment this Saturday (9th May). I've agreed verbally to attend, but now I'm having doubts. I had my LASIK eye op only two weeks ago so haven't been training since. Yesterday during my first run since before the op, I almost pulled a calf-muscle; it's been stiff and knotted since, although I've been stretching it. I feel as though my fitness has really gone downhill in the last two weeks, so I have major doubts about my being able to pass the beep test. Should I contact the Recruitment team and get their opinion, see if there is another Assessment day in the near future? Would I be …

  4. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    ...and what a ride it has been. 20 months of fear, uncertainty and doubt ;-) Thank you to everyone on here for your help. Couldn't have done it without you all.

  5. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    What sort of vetting do family members go through? mother, father sister. Just wondering if its just a CBR check or does it go further?

    • 1 reply
    • 281 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  6. domino82
    Started by domino82,

    Hi I have just submitted my application, on the conviction section ( Have I any convictions or associated with criminals) I have put no but a friend has said I should have said yes due to my brother. I have no contact with him, i know he has been caught driving with no licence or insurance and possibly ABH. I wouldn't say I am associated with him but would you call recruitment to inform them? Kelly

    • 3 replies
    • 414 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  7. ico749
    Started by ico749,

    I posted my application form off to the Met at the end of Feb and still have heard nothing other than the letter saying it was recieved. Since then 2 friends who applied to the same force at roughly the same time have both heard back with a date for their Day 1 Assessment Centre. Just wondering how long I should be waiting before I start thinking about calling recruitment to check up on progress? I've no issues with being patient, I'm just a bit worried just in case the results are lost in the post or they need further info from me or something...

    • 3 replies
    • 243 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  8. frosty-fox
    Started by frosty-fox,

    What was classed as a pass when you did your paper application ?? This is what i got; Community & customer focus --- C Respect for race and Diversity ---- B Personal responsibility -------- B Overall grade B And i failed I'm toatally gutted but im not giving up i am going to apply for the specials. I thought it would be interesting what other forces class as a pass at papersift my application was north wales. Also does anybody know what grades id need to pass for the specials. Many thanks frosty-fox2008-11-22 11:22:40

  9. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    I see the first pay rise is after "initial training"; is this after PDU? EDIT: Sorry I found the search button ;-) Looks like it is after 28 weeks...is that correct? EDIT 2 : Further searching shows the rise is after 18 weeks or 28 weeks or 37 weeks :-) Anyone know what Devon & Cornwall is?

    • 18 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. rabz1000
    Started by rabz1000,

    Mixed feelings, thought the interview went really bad as nerves got the better of me so when it came to the keyboard test was a bid down but tried my best, now not sure what speed i got or what i need to be aiming for. My job as a chef for the last 16 years has meant that i never really have to use computers and there for not the fastest on one, but the good news is that i can retake the test in 6 week does any one know if this is my only chance to pass and i guess lots of practice is the best way to improve.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    I'm looking to transfer forces this year but was wondering if the 6 month rule applies to transferees or just new applicants. If I fail at any stage of the transferee process can I reapply straight away to another force? I will be phoning recruitment on Monday but was wondering if anyone on here knows?

    • 2 replies
    • 933 views
  12. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    HI all, just curious to say as to whether or not anyone else has come throough the recruitment process through the Positive Action team??? They've been an absolute God-Send in terms of support.

    • 0 replies
    • 106 views
  13. 4_pint_foss

    hi i have recently passed the papersift, but i just found out that my dad had got 3 points of his driving licence and a parking ticket (and fine) about 6 months ago. i did not put this on my application, as under 'criminal convictions' it asks about yourself and not your family members. could my application get binned for this during vetting (a long way off but best to be prepared)? should i ring up recruitment and tell them this or will it not matter? any advice will be greatly appreciated regards luke

  14. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    Hello, You obviously have to be honest when stating what interaction you've had with the police on application forms. I've had three small run-ins, and was wondering whether these count - please could anybody verify? :) Furthermore, how often does this sort of thing stay on file? Please see below and thank you in advance for any replies. 1. I was stopped & searched a few years ago when walking to a friends' house. Supposedly there was a break-in, so they took my details and never heard anything back from them. For some reason, I had a small nut hammer on me, so I was worried on the day about that!! 2. I was stopped once in Leith when driving back from Ocean Termin…

    • 2 replies
    • 435 views
  15. karianne63
    Started by karianne63,

    Hubby has just had his medical at Lloyd House only to be told that his hearing test showed 'critical' hearing!! He has been told that this now has to go to a doctor to sign off/ or not! and he will hear when doctor is back in - which is in 2 weeks time. A fitness test is being booked for him though- he was told that it should all be ok but he is sooo worried. He has had problems with his one ear before after an accident in the army but is a serving PCSO and has no problems hearing anything on the radio or any where else. Sorry this is so long but anyone else had any problems like this?? He did say that the booth he was in was really hard to hear anything and she had to m…

    • 32 replies
    • 4.6k views
    Drew Peacock

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.