Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    and asked me a few questions. With the answers I gave (truthful) they are happy and will recommend I am put forward for employment. Im very happy with this result and hope that my boss isn't having a bad day when the reference form arrives on his desk. tick tock tick tock - getting closer...

    OSD_Control
  2. scotty2hotty95
    Started by scotty2hotty95,

    Soon got to go, what shall I expect?

    • 0 replies
    • 138 views
    scotty2hotty95
  3. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, I'm eagerly counting down the days till my start date with Bedfordshire. As I have stacks of time to prepare, I'd like to utilise my time wisely. Does anyone have an idea or know of a kit list that a student officer is expected to purchase, before commencing training? I have a general idea of some items such as suitable sports wear etc. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. :) Many thanks Rick

  4. graham9045
    Started by graham9045,

    Hi all,has anyone else received a letter asking if they would consider taking up a post at Argyll and Byte(LB Subdivision) namely campbell town,dunoon or oban and if so, would you perhaps know if they may accommadate you in one way or another,i received this last week and really don't know what to do any comments/suggestions welcome.Please forgive me for any errors as this is my first post tks.

    • 7 replies
    • 630 views
  5. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    Hi guys, Just preparing for monday, wow cant beleive ive got this far, anyway could someone please clarify that the questions that feature on the forum at the top are the most likely to be asked i understand more will be asked but are these the main relevant ones. Ste

    • 3 replies
    • 194 views
  6. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    Convinced that I'd failed because I felt that most of it went badly, I actually passed... JEE-sus! I can still hardly believe it! Well, there really is something to be said for being negative, and being pleasantly surprised when things work out nicely Now there is light at the end of the long tunnel, but I'm aware that things can still go wrong along the way- as there are still several bridges to cross...

  7. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I had my Day 2 in March and have not heard a thing since then. I did telephone them to ask about my vetting and they said it was all done and were just waiting for my references. My refs are my 2 bosses and as of last week they have not heard anything either. Anyone else like this? JOHN

  8. sliver
    Started by sliver,

    Hi all, Both forces are recruiting at the moment and I don't really know which one to go for. Don't think there is a big difference in the initial recruitment process but what about the training and the job itself? What are your opinions/ experiences? Ta!

    • 11 replies
    • 368 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  9. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Due to start on Monday and I've hurt my achillies whilst out on a run. What do I do? I've spoken to the Dr who says he thinks it's just bruised and just to take it easy ice etc?? The only thing is, I can barely walk, let alone run at the moment. Gutted!

  10. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    So I have my medical on Tuesday (5th), which with a bit of luck is the end of my input in the recruitment process. I have a few worries about vetting but there is nothing I can currently do about that until the results come back. Its been a rather long year and a bit and I certainly don't want to repeat it all again. Any more of you just about 'done'.

    Cassius Bojangles
  11. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hi all... I know theres another topic for the GMP applicants but I thought I would start one for those who want to share the journey! & troubles I received a letter last Wed saying my application sent in Feb was "receiving Attention" I then received a letter yesterday saying I had passed the initial paper sift (Yeyyy ) and that they were now just marking my competency Q's. The letter went on to say that this could take 6 to 8 weeks however the next stage would be the AC, (which I've researched loads). However the letter said those that pass the competency Q 's will be progressed to the AC in June 2009 ?? Does this mean they are likely to get the aplication back…

    • 0 replies
    • 164 views
  12. GolfRomeoSierra
    Started by GolfRomeoSierra,

    I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this, when i applied i had a bmi of 28.5 now after six weeks of training for my fitness it has gone up to 30.5 what i was wondering is how strict are they on bmi ?

    • 4 replies
    • 482 views
  13. charl_3uk
    Started by charl_3uk,

    Hi everyone! Wohoo this is my first new topic! So... I found out I passed Day One for the Met Police! Cannot believe it, I thought I had completely flunked the role plays! My fitness is supposedly the 11th May - but I cannot make this, has anyone had to reschedule their fitness/medical before and found that it takes a while to get a new date? Anyone else found out their results yet? Good luck to everyone! Charlie xx

    • 2 replies
    • 134 views
  14. eleven-g
    Started by eleven-g,

    I have read through a number of different threads recently on the subject of finances and vetting. I have also heard different views on what is and is not acceptable in terms of financial position for police officers/applicants. Home Office guidance states (circular): 'Paragraph 4 of Schedule 1 to the Police Regulations 2003 states that a member of a police force shall not wilfully refuse or neglect to discharge any lawful debt.' I would be interested to hear what others' views are on what constitutes a 'LAWFUL' debt. Common law in England means that people can make simple contracts and in the event of the dispute the courts will have the final say i.e. 'judgement' …

    • 11 replies
    • 466 views
    george76271546620128
  15. mrlaw
    Started by mrlaw,

    • 2 replies
    • 794 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.