Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mo19
    Started by Mo19,

    Please join my facebook group if possible, help current applicants and share your experiences. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4891739676&ref=ts

    • 0 replies
    • 207 views
  2. eeyore1545925597
    Started by eeyore1545925597,

    Thought i'd start up a topic for people attending the Lancs constab a/c this coming month. Anyone else attending? I am so nervous!! but also excited, ordered several books off amazon to help me prepare. Eeyore

    • 4 replies
    • 330 views
    eeyore1545925597
  3. wanabpc
    Started by wanabpc,

    Hi there I have recently applied for position as PC with Bedfordshire police. My application form has been passed and I am now required to attend a pre assesment intereview. Does anyone have any detials of preparation I can carryout, and what to expect, Many thank.

  4. Brian23
    Started by Brian23 * ,

    Hi all. Im From Rep Of Ireland and av applied to join the police in the uk, I have being in contact with a recruitment agent via email and recieved loads of info, But im worried bout 1 thing. Finance Checking. I have an Outstanding Bank Loan €1400.00,and i have missed a few payaments on this will this be a big problem. Im really worried about this as everything else is perfect. Also what other checks r involved. Id really like feed back on this Many Thanks Brian

    • 1 reply
    • 133 views
  5. greg_greg
    Started by greg_greg,

    hi everyone, can anyone tell me where i can find out when the next few recruitment events are please? regards

    • 0 replies
    • 214 views
  6. duff_beer

    as in you assessment centre results? are there any terms and conditions? i.e. if you have failed to achieve 60 at one force, its ok to try for another force, can it also be done within 6 months?

    • 1 reply
    • 379 views
    jemz1546620088
  7. pw1234
    Started by pw1234,

    Hi i have reched the formal interview with West Mercia specials could anyone give me details on what to expect

  8. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hello, The application form asks for two references whom the applicant has known for 3 years. Naturally I was going to include my previous two places of work as references. However I worked for one company for 1 year 10 months and at my current company for around 1 year 9 months, although I am still working here. So, my old employer has known me for over 3 years, but I only worked there for 1 year 10 months. Can I include my current employer even though they have known me for less than 3 years? Can I use a personal reference like an old school teacher (family friend)? What kind of questions would they ask them? Technically this means I cannot include them even…

    • 2 replies
    • 908 views
  9. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    Just passed my a/c just got some questions I have been on anti depressants in the past, the lowest dose you can get, for some mild anxiety. i have been off the meds now for about a month. Will i fail my medical cos of this? they were low dosage and were just for anxiety. thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 343 views
  10. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    Just wanted to start a thread for people starting 29th June ! Anyone been given this date yet ? Leroy

    • 8 replies
    • 505 views
  11. mark2602
    Started by mark2602,

    hi guys new member so will just give you a run down on me. Im a student at uni at the moment Doing a 3 year course and in my 2nd year at the moment I live in Nottingham but want to work in Londen i have applied to be in the specials, passed everything but they have cancelled the training, so have to go for the next one ( or the one after that due To the fact that i may be on holiday durring the training, need 100% attendence) so that could mean that i will start working as a special as late as december. but would be willing to put alot of time in. So basicly i want to apply to be a police officer within the met, Just wondering if you could help me with when would …

    • 5 replies
    • 373 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  12. paulgold
    Started by paulgold,

    Hey guys...I am new here so not sure if this is the right place to ask for help since my question is regarding Police Staff and not Police Officer - I have applied for a position based in Glasgow for Police Staff and after a long wait I got a letter saying I have an interview...was just wondering if anyone could please tell me if they too have had a Police Staff interview and if so what questions were asked? Is there anything I should know?? I really really want this job but I'm not too good at interviews so I need to know what will happen... Please someone get back to me...my e-mail address is jidderman@hotmail.com Thank you for your time.

  13. lmac1234
    Started by lmac1234,

    Im realy worried i forgot to mention a parking ticket on my application. Im going to call them today and tell them but im realy worried it will look bad that i forgot and that iv blown my chances of being accepted.

    • 3 replies
    • 708 views
    kilbowie2002
  14. rabz1000
    Started by rabz1000,

    Hi all got my final interview in merseyside police on wed 6th I've done the usual website reserch and studied the policing pledge, policing plan, neighbourhood policing, studied up on core competency's, looked into local community issues but one question is still bothering me, Why have you chose merseyside police ? I think they might ask me this becaause I don't live in merseyside. Now I've got all usual points but all these could apply to my local force, one of the main reasons was they were the only force recruiting when i decided to apply again, should i say this or is it a big no no ? Anybody else going through merseyside interview your advice on what to expect wo…

    • 4 replies
    • 337 views
    sparkstertom1546081064
  15. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    I am worried before even applying, i am worried because my school record attendance is quite bad (i got bullied pretty bad). My college attendance record is good and i passed my pre uniformed service course last year. Since then i have been self employed making money through ebay. I am also going to ask a local news agent shop if i can volunteer there for a few hours a week so it will look good on my application would this help with references too. Also the shop is in a pretty rough area an has had windows smashed and stuff and i suppose it will help me deal with the difficult public there. Secondly iam worried about this vetting stage, i have never been in debt i have n…

    • 13 replies
    • 544 views
    sampierce55

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.