Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ahmad247
    Started by ahmad247 * ,

    Hi, Is anyone doing a fitness test fora Thames Valley Police on 5th May 2009. Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 369 views
  2. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi, I was wondering what the reference request is they send out to your former employers?. They would have to collect 3 including my current job. Then thing is one from exactly 5 years ago was only a PT job and there isn't anyone still working there from when I was there so they won't be able to give a character reference, just confirm my dates of attendance. With my previous job from 04-08 it is a very large company and HR will only give out a standard reference stating my dates of work, job title, reason for leaving. Nothing else at all, I've contacted my present employers HR and they said they will only do the same. I maybe able to get my current manager to answer a f…

    • 2 replies
    • 675 views
  3. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hello everyone. I have my fitness test next week and I'm kinda worried. I have been training really hard and I have developed a slight knee injury. I can still shuttle run but it starts to play up when I get to around level 6 on the bleep test, making me stop (I have a copy of the bleep test which I practice). The question is...I know confidently I can get to 5.4 but that is with pushing my knee...I have read the posts regarding the fact they want to see how far you can go before dropping like a stone...for me that is just after the pass 'mark'! I obviously don't want to run until my knee just clean pops out but I can run up to the required rate without too much pai…

  4. littlebillywizz
    Started by littlebillywizz * ,

    Can someone please tell me how long they had to wait between the date of their medical and their start date for Essex Police Thank You

    • 0 replies
    • 165 views
    littlebillywizz *
  5. felix
    Started by felix,

    Follow this link http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/publ...-2003/051-2003/

    • 2 replies
    • 664 views
  6. jogreen
    Started by jogreen,

    Hi all, I used this forum a lot before I started in the job, but with shifts etc got out of the habit very quickly. I'm now back and shamelessly asking for a bit of last minute help.... I currently work in Lincolnshire, done two and a half years and have an interview to transfer to TVP on Tuesday. I have been doing revision, learning examples for the core competencies etc (I assume that they will ask me about this as there are no competency based questions on the application form). I have also learnt some basic stats for TVP and specifically for the areas I wish to work in. I've not been too good at remembering their objectves, but got time to brush up on them some mo…

    • 21 replies
    • 3.6k views
  7. A87
    Started by A87,

    Hi Guys Just wondering who was at ESB today for the support session? how useful did you find it ?

    • 3 replies
    • 179 views
  8. Logiebear1
    Started by Logiebear1,

    Hi all, Planning ahead, i am going to phone my local in Cumbernauld (Strathclyde) and sit down with some Newbies for advice etc...Along with stuff like initiatives what other stuff should i and can i ask them. Thanks in advance Scott

    • 1 reply
    • 375 views
    Elise1546620386
  9. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Got fitness on 14th June, anyone got the same?

  10. elzo74
    Started by elzo74,

    Just wondering if anyone else has got this provisional start date as well?

    • 0 replies
    • 371 views
  11. lmac1234
    Started by lmac1234,

    Iv just sent of my application for lothian and borders police away today, can anyone advise me on how long it usually takes to hear back? Thanks in advance!

    • 2 replies
    • 602 views
  12. dogs
    Started by dogs,

    recruiting http://www.gov.im/dha/police/VacancyDetails.gov?id=3074&dept=

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  13. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    In everyones opinion what is the best book to help with the recuirttment process?

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  14. eeyore1545925597
    Started by eeyore1545925597,

    Hi, I was wondering if someone could advise me or give their views on something, about a year ago I was away for the night with my partner and on a night out we both had our drinks spiked, needless to say we lost each other and when I came to I was in the cells, I subsequently had a huge panic attack and was tended to by the custody sergeant. They waited until I was ok then got me a car to take me back to my hotel, which was when my partner told me he suspected we had had our drinks spiked. I was completley panicked and the custody sergeant told me that they didn't know who I was so for my own safety they put me in the cells, they said that I had not been arreste…

    Cassius Bojangles
  15. Morris1546620488
    Started by Morris1546620488,

    I dont want to jump the gun or anything, but, i have my A/C day coming up in a few weeks and ive got a niggeling thing in my mind. When filling out the application form and the various other forms that came with my A/C date, it wants to know about any previous cautions, convictions and the like. I understand and agree that it is important that you are as honest and forthcoming as you can be about them. However, when i had just turned 18 in 1998 (im now 29) i was arrested with a group of friends who were involved in a silly drunken incident which ended up breaking a shopping trolly and a dustbin. I genuinely wasnt to blame but i was part of the group and we were all taken …

    eeyore1545925597

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.