Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. madcompass
    Started by madcompass * ,

    Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have recently just seen an advert for MODP vacancies in my local area in Scotland. Can anyone tell me if the 2 year probation period for Scottish recruits is normally to be served at the usual AWE's down South or can they serve in Scotland. Your assistance would be very much appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 441 views
  2. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I recently got my rejection letter. Obviously very gutted- especially as I failed what I thought was the easiest part of my day and passed all the hard stuff! I got 62% in total with 100% on oral communication, 71% on race on diversity but a shocking 33% on written communication! . Basically I messed up one of my written excercises and got a D. Its sad to think everything else is bypassed just for one written excercise, but I guess there are high standards to keep. I am just wondering if theres any possibility to use this to do PCSO or transport police instead? Or will I have to re-apply for that seperately in 6 months like for PC? Any advice would be great :) Good l…

    • 8 replies
    • 658 views
  3. mark andrew
    Started by mark andrew * ,

    Hi.Im new here, im applying to join the MoD police.However my wife was a peace protester 20yrs ago,before i knew her .Never been in trouble since,not even driving offense.Would this be an automatic bar for me?Shall i not get my hopes up??thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 894 views
    mark andrew *
  4. MrSifter
    Started by MrSifter,

    Hi there, I passed my fitness back in January as the final part of my assessment and now my file is with the vetting dept. So i was wondering whether anyone has been given a starting date for West Mercia that applied within the last 12 months? Also how long does the vetting process take? I phoned the recruitment dept a few weeks ago and they informed me that my file was with vetting but they couldn't give me an idea how long that would take, which is understandable as each file must be different. So i was wondering how long the vetting process for other applicants? I'm just really hoping that i can make the July 6th intake I've been waiting so long! Cheers Si…

    • 15 replies
    • 778 views
  5. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    When people are told to report any involvement with the police to the recruitment team, does this involve if you call 999 as a victim of a crime?

    • 7 replies
    • 860 views
  6. o0Callie0o

    Well after 3 long weeks of waiting I finally got my Ac results this morning and passed with 63%. I now have a Final Board Interview on the 15th April (not bloody long) and I'm scared stiff! I have to do a 10 minute presentation and although I knew this 2 weeks ago when i was provisionally booked for my interview, I didn't know what they wanted me to do one on. Now I know I am really panicing as it's totally thrown me and I don't know where or how to start. I don't know if I'm allowed to say on here what they want me to do it on but has anyone got any tips on presentations etc as i have never done one before. Cheers folks, Hope to hear from you soon Callie

    • 17 replies
    • 763 views
  7. wannabe1546620469
    Started by wannabe1546620469,

    I have my Assessment day end of April. All going well when should I expect to start tranning? I am already getting butterflys in my stomach. I really want this job like I have never wanted anything before I can't understand what has come over me.

    • 6 replies
    • 649 views
    wannabe1546620469
  8. lizzychen
    Started by lizzychen,

    hello....anyone just applied to lancs in the Febuary recruitment slot....I`m just waiting to hear if I`ve got throught the application stage... :whistle2:

    eeyore1545925597
  9. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I've got my fitness test on the 8th of May, just wandering what date i could be expecting as a start date? Also has anyone else got their fitness test on the 6th of May? Borat

    • 0 replies
    • 131 views
    Borat1546620039
  10. gaskjim
    Started by gaskjim,

    Hi I recieved my start date a while back now for the 29th of may for the pcso role, ive just recieved my written confirmation however im going to be traveling every day by train and was wondering does anyone know if they will give me any financial support to pay for the traveling costs ? If not is it 4 weeks after you start you get paid ? Thanks James

    • 1 reply
    • 359 views
  11. chazrab1546620327
    Started by chazrab1546620327 * ,

    I'm new to this forum but am desperately waiting to hear if I've passed the application form stage in the recent recuitment. Is there anyone else here in the same position. Be great to hear from you

  12. Danielle86
    Started by Danielle86 * ,

    Hi all, just wanted to say Hi. I am at the start of the recruitment process for Fife and would appreciate any tips or help! I have successfully completed the SET and now have my Initial Interview 12th May and am very very very nervous! How did you all find it?

    • 0 replies
    • 309 views
  13. willgimmence
    Started by willgimmence,

    I had my application with the Met back in April last year, then I had my assessment in November. I failed to get in by 4% (got 56%, required 60%.) I then had the choice of either joining Sussex Police (I live in Brighton) or Thames Valley Police. I'm 19 years old and decided to get to grip with things down here in Sussex and then maybe transfer to a busier area in the future after I felt more established. I went to a Sussex event back in February, filled in my application form, sent that in. Received all my medical documents, filled them in and sent them back. Now I have my fitness test on the 30th of this month. I phoned up today to ask a question about how my placement …

    NeeNaw1545925537
  14. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    For anyone that is interested, I've heard off a couple of people, that recruitment is due to open again (or might have already) However its for only 80 places.

    • 1 reply
    • 408 views
  15. Fermat
    Started by Fermat * ,

    Hi, I'm a 17 year old currently studying A Levels. I am extremly interested in joining the police force once I'm of age and finish my A Levels, but despite searching the internet I can't find information on the training that you need and what stages you need to go through to get into the force. If anyone has a link to website with information, or any information they could give me it would be apreciated. Thanks.

    • 12 replies
    • 12.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.