Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Anyone else all set to start on the 27th??? I'm up for car sharing if anyone's from the Gateshead area!?
-
- 1 reply
- 772 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Im a bit confused. Each division of GMP seems to have loads of operations going on. Which do i need to know about for the interview? All of them seems impossible. Does anyone know which are the main ones?? Someone has previously mentioned Guardian,but that seems to have finished. Or is it just the initiatives they ask about?? Thanks
-
Hi all I had my Day 1 in January 09 and my Day 2 in March and was hoping for a may or June start date with the MET. However I went skiing in January and had a nasty fall. I thought I had just strained a shoulder but it has not got any better. Last week I saw a specialist and have a MRI scan next week as he is certain that I have torn a muscle. If I have then I will have an operation sometime in June and then I have got to have 6 months off sick. This means that I will not be able to start training till January next year at the earliest. Is this going to be a problem? I could phone recruitment up and ask them but I don't want to open a can of worms unless I really have…
-
- 4 replies
- 455 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. This maybe one of my less astute moments, but i can't for the life of me find the initiatives information on the GMP website No doubt i probably cant see for looking and if they had teeth they'd bite me, but could anyone post the link or tell me under what section they're under!?! Thanks peeps
-
I am a divorced mum of two and would like to join the MOD Police. The age of my children means that I would currently be unable to do a nightshift, although this would change in couple of years. I telephoned the MOD at Wethersfield and spoke to an Inspector with regard to Flexible working and he told me that it can be applied for when you're on board but can't be guaranteed. Can anyone tell me if I'm likely to encounter problems only being able to work days? I would be able to do the odd night shift, or training week but it would be reliant on best friend and ex husband (he has agreed to move in and look after the children during the intiital training should my applica…
-
I am a divorced mum of two and would like to join the MOD Police. The age of my children means that I would currently be unable to do a nightshift, although this would change in couple of years. I telephoned the MOD at Wethersfield and spoke to an Inspector with regard to Flexible working and he told me that it can be applied for when you're on board but can't be guaranteed. Can anyone tell me if I'm likely to encounter problems only being able to work days? I would be able to do the odd night shift, or training week but it would be reliant on best friend and ex husband (he has agreed to move in and look after the children during the intiital training should my applica…
-
Hi Is it normal practice for Northumbria police to introduce an interview stage, i received a letter stating i would go to interview before the assessment centre, is this usual practice as i didn't think it was. I double checked there website and it clearly states the selection process and does not have an interview stage. I think it is due to the backlog of applicants from the last recruitment campaign, as i was told that the next stage would be assessment centre, now am told interview, can they do this, it is normal practice????
-
Hi, Just a quick question regarding my financial status, I have a 2k loan, and a few standing orders, and a £600 overdraft that i use regulary. I have on numerous occasions gone over my overdraft limit. ( not by anything more than £100, usualy around 10 - 50 quid) However, i have for the last 4 years had a job, and have always paid it back on pay day and paid off all the ( insane ) charges they include! I have never missed a payment on my loan. And it is withtin my means to pay it all back. Im just worried that will stop me from joining. It didnt occur to me before, but i have just passed my A/C and have my FIB. can anybody see this being a potential problem? t…
-
Is anyone else on the forum starting on may 1st? only 12 days to go!
-
- 0 replies
- 234 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear All Does anyone know what the final interview consists of? Is it very similar to the initial inteview. Many Thanks G
-
- 189 replies
- 6.9k views
- 4 followers
-
-
With regards to the maths test at A/C, if you do really badly do you fail the whole day? I am worrying over the maths part. :smiley_vomit: Phil
-
Hello all I've been looking at all the posts on here but I can't seem to find one similar to this. But if anyone knows any different, please let me know! I've been a PCSO with the Met for just over two years, and I applied to become a PC through the Met's new 'fast-track' system in June 08. I passed my day 1 a/c in December and my day 2 in Feb. Since then I've called recruitment and they have informed me that my vetting has been cleared. All they are waiting on now is my reference from my Sgt (but since he signed my forms in the first place there should be no problem there) and then they'll offer me a start date, prob May or June according to the the guy in recruitment.…
-
Hi all I received a letter today hand delivered by Northumbria police, i appreciated some information back from them but i don't clearly understand the letter, any help would be appreciated. Part of the letter. ''Whilst we currently have no selection events planned it is highlt likely that we will be running such event towards the end of the year. As part of the recruitment process, we will be inviting you to attend for interview the results of which will determine your progression to the next stage of the recruitment process, the assessment centre. We anticipate being in a position to make appointments from April 2010'' What i don't understand is it says it is highly…
-
Hi all I am about to contact the recruitment regarding my previous employers as i have not declared all previous employers as i missed one out, if i didn't declare them would they be able to find out, i have nothing to hide its just that the employer was really harsh with me and i was only there 3 weeks. Any replies would be really appreciated.
-
Hi all, I'm a long time reader of the forum and had my Met Day 1 assessment last week. I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on an ongoing uncertainty of mine. My entire assessment went well (at least I think it did!) until the end of the day when I had my interview. I answered the first 3 questions ok but on the last question - the RRD question - the question completely threw me. I sat in silence trying to think of a response. About 2 minutes passed by before the interviewer asked the question again and I started to give a scenario but, if totally honest, it was completely irrelevant so I'm honest enough to know I will get a D for this question. Many of us are to…