Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Baz10
    Started by Baz10,

    Just been told i have my course on 6th July, got my induction day 18th may for my body armour , fingerprints etc. Best phone call i have ever taken!!!! YIPPPEEEEEE

    • 5 replies
    • 679 views
  2. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Hi just wondering what information they ask for in the additional vetting questionnaires you get sent?

    • 0 replies
    • 279 views
  3. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    In the assessment where you have to write two proposals, how would you set out the format? Persons address Ref: Dear sir/madam? or no address at all and no usage of reference?

    • 6 replies
    • 561 views
  4. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi All Has anyone who had their Day 2 on 18 March been given their start date yet? Apparently some people with Day 2 on 23 March are starting on 26 May Thanksspanik2009-04-17 16:27:39

    • 0 replies
    • 237 views
  5. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    Dear all, I have passed Paper Sift for Northants. Next stop interview on the 27th April, then physical test early June. If I am successful, then its off to Ryton! One question; the time limits on the numerical tests etc are very strict, do the allow you to wear a watch or take a timer into the tests? I've bought one of the 'how to succeed at assessment centre' type books and am quite comfortable with the practice questions, but am slightly worried that old father time may be my foe. cheers Simon :-)

  6. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hello. A while back I posted on here whether I should declare certain incidents on my police application. The first incident being five years ago when I hit a parked car and drove off, as I thought there was no damage. However someone got my reg and I got questioned by the police, but no further action was taken. The last incident was December last year when I got questioned regarding car incident- but this time it wasn't even me. As the car involved matched mine in description, and the incident occurred near where my car was parked, so the Police said they just wanted to do enquiries. I told them it was not my car involved and nothing came of this. So when I filled my G…

    specialteacher1546081026
  7. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    I have my met day 2 coming up. Is everyone told if their vetting has passed or failed regardless or do you have to contact them to find out. Also, How are you told? by phone or letter? peace.

    • 2 replies
    • 397 views
  8. wannabpc
    Started by wannabpc,

    Does anyone know what's involved with the medical for the WMP? And what the process is/what I can expect? Cheers Sarah

  9. higgz123
    Started by higgz123,

    hi i have my day 2 on the 6th may 09 i like to do some weights at the gym, and i have taken creatine and protein a lot over the last couple of months, will this hinder my results in anyway?

    • 5 replies
    • 349 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  10. madyakermatt
    Started by madyakermatt,

    Hey Guys! I have recently returned from New Zealand having undertaken an assessment centre prior to leaving the UK. Whilst in New Zealand I received the news that I had not achieved the required pass mark. Having looked through my evaluation of results, unfortunately I achieved 59% overall however achieved only a measly 33% in written communication. I thought I had revised as much as possible prior to the assessment centre, and was very disappointed with my result. Can anyone offer any help regarding how to improve on the written aspect of this process. Having spoken to GMP they were unable to offer me any feedback other than the feedback pack. This was great in regard t…

    • 10 replies
    • 417 views
    george76271546620128
  11. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    Just found out I will going to Waltham forest after training, any one worked there or know the borough? I.e is it a busy borough, high crime rate? Robbery hotspot? Lots of gun crime ect, looked on the met website crime figures, just want to hear it from people in the know! Cheers.

    • 7 replies
    • 626 views
  12. higgz123
    Started by higgz123,

    hi i have my day 2 on 6th may, i dont wanna get ahead of myself here, but i would like to know in case you need to arrange this is prior to joining! how do the section houses operate? i will need to try and get a place in one of these! at what stage of the application process do you enquire and who do you speak to regarding this? thank you!

    • 5 replies
    • 462 views
  13. kitkatchunky
    Started by kitkatchunky,

    Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else has been offered the start date of the 20th April for the met? ...I only just heard yesterday which gave me bit of a shocker as it's only given me 5 and half weeks to sort out things and make the move from sunny south wales to the big smoke of london....let the packing commence!! ...Any one else in the same boat??!

  14. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    As you can see by my sig i am currently going through the vetting process, i am 23 and never been in trouble with the police in my life, rather ironicly saturday night i did. I was only slightly drunk on my way to the taxi rank with my girlfriend, when i needed to relieve myself, so i dashed down a sideway and answered natures call. before i zip up my fly i am stopped by three policeman. We had some good banter and were talking about the recruitment process so i think they appreciated i wasnt trying to cause trouble etc, however i was issued a 80 pound fine, they told me it wouldnt affect anything unless i didnt pay it. Just thought i would check on here first regari…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. greenstua
    Started by greenstua * ,

    Hi any English people here have any experience of working for PSNI in Northern Ireland? How have you found it and what is the feeling like among the locals? Was thinking about applying as noone else seems to be recruiting at the moment. Should I wait or give it a go?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.