Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Rob.Ewin
    Started by Rob.Ewin,

    What is the pass mark for the PIRT test and does it matter if you dont do well in one part but better in others.

    • 5 replies
    • 513 views
  2. Jaydee1546620346
    Started by Jaydee1546620346,

    I have noticed several threads per day addressing medical/eyesight issues and not sure if anybody else has posted this (or if I am allowed) so delete this post if you must. This link leads to a pdf file which details a long list of conditions and if they may preclude you from service or not. It also details in some cases why you may be unsuitable and if they will need further information to decide: http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/Medical_59-2004.pdf This next one details the eyesight standards required for entry including various conditions that can affect the eye including colourblindness etc: http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/E...ght_25-2003.pdf Onc…

    • 2 replies
    • 5k views
  3. pixie83
    Started by pixie83 * ,

    Hi, I am a newbie, first post anyway this is my second time around applying as a PC, I did pass everything last time, just got offered two really good job and decided to take the other!! I am applying for the Met Police force, just wondering the average time it takes from putting the application form in the post to the start date (pending passing everything) I want to do this course next September but it will mean having a start date of April/May 2011!! I am just trying to get an idea of time scales, some forces seem to take up to two years to do the whole process!! Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 539 views
  4. The Large Portion
    Started by The Large Portion,

    Hi all, Possibly a bit of an odd one this. I want to apply to Merseyside Police and have been having a look through the application form (although I don't honestly know when recruitment starts again!). One of the sections is about your close family. My question is this - what do you do if you don't know who your father is? As my mother was a single parent, in 24 years I've never had any contact with him, and really have no desire to get into that particular minefield now. Clearly I have no intention of letting this stop me going for the job, so if needs be, I will!! Does it absolutely have to be declared on the form, or as I don't have any contact with him, can I m…

    • 5 replies
    • 672 views
    The Large Portion
  5. Simno44
    Started by Simno44,

    just wondered if there was anyone els on this forum applying thus time around. i have passed the sift and at the moment im waiting for contact in march regarding picking a date for assessment in september id like to talk to anyone els doing the same if possible, cheers. Simon

    • 4 replies
    • 446 views
  6. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi everyone, I've just sent my application to the Met this evening and I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on any good books to purchase or preparations I can make, should i be lucky enough to pass the paper sift. Thanks all Mark

  7. Mikey_PC
    Started by Mikey_PC * ,

    HI, Also, does anyone know if they let you go as far as possible on the bleep test. I am ex military and used to love the bleep test. I have never seen anyone fail the 20meter bleep test so the police 15meter bleep test will be extremely easy. I would love to try and hit a high level but im unsure if they let you stay on. Good luck to everyone who has a fitness test coming up....well done on getting this far. I am so excited to join and really want to get my hands on my start date. I just hope I join during the summer.

    • 0 replies
    • 222 views
  8. G11Y
    Started by G11Y * ,

    Hey all, wonder if someone could give me some advice? I have been interested in becoming a police officer for a number of years. I’m coming up to 27 years old and after building myself a career within my local council I feel I should really make a start on making a push towards joining the police. Anyway, I’ll stop gibbering, 9 years ago I was foolish and was convicted of benefit fraud to which I paid my dues and got on with my life, but thinking about it, I’m worried it will affect my application. Will this conviction stop me on my first step and my application binned as soon as they see the conviction? I hope someone could spread some light on my situation, as …

  9. Enduro Rider
    Started by Enduro Rider * ,

    Evening Ladies and Gentlemen I’m after some advice and opinions, I’ve got an application form for a Detention Officer and I have a question; I’m 19 and I’ve only been in employment for a year, at my age is it really worth my time putting the application in? I’ve often heard about younger applicants being turned down for employment with Police Forces, I’m not lacking in confidence though, I’d just like to see what others opinions and views are.

    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  10. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    Any body had a phone call today to ask if they could attend a fitness test at short notice?

    • 19 replies
    • 728 views
  11. Sticky
    Started by Sticky,

    Hi, I sent off my application form on the 16th Feb. 2009 and toady I received a CASA form . Any body else received one? I heard it is a good thing if you get one, as that means they have not binned it! Fingers crossed x

  12. Kirstin
    Started by Kirstin,

    Hi Guys, Just had my initial for Strathclyde and thought I should share my experience. I arrived with a head totally crammed with facts, figures and research, good suit, shirt, tie and shiny shoes (lucky underpants). Following the usual form filling and photocopying of documents I was taken to the interview room and introduced to the two interviewers. The police constable forensically checked my application form and then passed me on to her civilian colleague, a retired senior officer with traffic division, who interrogated, sorry interviewed me for what seemed like ages. I could go on but I do not want to spoil the surprise for those fortunate enough to face the sam…

  13. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, I have my final interview for L&B next week and am pretty nervous. Has anyone got any hints and tips? Cheers in advance, Chris

    • 0 replies
    • 229 views
  14. staceye
    Started by staceye,

    Hi Guys, Just thought I'd start a post to see if anyone has there fitness on these dates- mines the 7/4/09!!! Hows everyones training going????? Have you received any writtern confirmation off this in writing- other then the paper just given after the final interview!!!! Stace

    • 43 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hello all, I'm working on my interview responses tonight and I just have a quick question. The answer I have for RRD involves working with an interpreter in Iraq and a small part of it is/was that I used a prayer mat as a rug at the side of my bed (don't like having cold feet). When I got to know the interpreter a bit, he told me that he found it offensive that I used a prayer mat in this way, I apologised and removed the prayer mat. The question is, would I gain a mark for "understands what offends others and adapts own actions accordingly" or would I lose a mark for having the prayer mat in the first place? That is only a small part of my answer and could be left ou…

    • 3 replies
    • 268 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.