Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tubbymonster1545925594
    Started by tubbymonster1545925594,

    does anyone know anwhere suitable to park the car during the fitness test at the training school Bishopgarth? is anyone else having their fitnes this week? How much longer from here do we think things wil be till a start date? Does anyone know why a guy i went on the A/C day with isnt having his fitness till Auguest yet mine is this week? he got 50% and i got 66% Help on any of these questions would be helpfull :)

    • 3 replies
    • 201 views
  2. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    I'm currently at uni but not really participating as I hate my course. Recruitment know this and know I have taken on more part time work to make up for this. I am changing my course next year if I don't get through the recruitment process but the police is my first choice. Now i've just recently had my A/C and find out on May 5th if i've passed or not my fitness is on the week commencing 11th may. My current job i'm in I hate with a passion and its only part time, i'm seriously considering leaving as if I don't get into the Met i'll have to find a full time job throughout the summer. The only thing is I may be unempoyed until I start training if I do get in. Would this e…

  3. sb194
    Started by sb194 * ,

    Hi All I passed my final interview board for Leicestershire Constabulary a few weeks ago and they said that the intake is going to be June or November. I haven't heard anything from them yet? Does anyone know the next stage in the process, I had my medical straight after and I think they said they are going through security checks now. Anyone else in same position? Many Thanks Steffi

    • 3 replies
    • 584 views
  4. sporty yellow
    Started by sporty yellow,

    Hi Everybody, I have just passed the application stage for Staffordshire and have been given a date in July for the assessment centre. Could anyone tell me if I would take the fitness test the same day as the assessment part. Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 212 views
  5. Simno44
    Started by Simno44,

    first off, hello! this is my first post on this forum, my impression of it so far is very good and i am hoping i can be helped as much as others seem to have been! i am applying to West yorkshire police and so far i have passed the sift! at the moment i am waiting to hear from WY with an assessment date. i am also under the impression i will have the oppertunity to download and print off an information pack. however i would like to find out what is next, every force appears to be different and i cant find anythihg specific for west yorks. can anyone advice me as to what to expect? thank you very much in advance!

  6. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Just wanted to clear this up really as it has been bugging me for a while, as far as I can see (from reading this forum) the Met seems to be the only force in the country to have 2 day A/C's. Is this the case and if so, why? Is it the same A/C, if it is then why does it take 2 days? I didn't really want to start a new thread about this but I havn't been able to fathom anything elsewhere so sorry about that and thanks for any help in advance! Jake

    • 2 replies
    • 517 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  7. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    Hello! I have my met day 2 a/c on May 6th. Anyone else? also I am unemployed currently so could someone tell me how soon after day 2 i would get offered a start date? (if anyone can help me on this i would be eternally grateful) peace.

    • 8 replies
    • 583 views
  8. fredit
    Started by fredit * ,

    Hi I have an a/c date at the end of the month. However, I am now a little worried about something, having read some of the medical forums and how detailed/vigorous it seems to be. I had a pacemaker fitted 10 years ago and to be honest I've had no problems since then. I can't go through the metal detectors at airports or go near big magnets but otherwise I don't really know it's there! However, will this sort of thing proclude me from joining the police/passing the medical? Any advice/help would be gratefully received!!!!

    • 24 replies
    • 2.5k views
  9. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    If you have failed on integrity does that ban you from every force or is it down to the individual force that you apply to?

  10. pound
    Started by pound,

    .

    • 0 replies
    • 436 views
  11. yoshua
    Started by yoshua,

    Right *Rolls sleeves up* I am somewhat interested in applying for the MDP and have spoken to a member about the role etc which was very helpful. Although on looking at the website http://www.modpoliceofficers.co.uk the locations link does not work and I want to find out if I could do my Probationers training further north than the Berkshire area as spending 2 years there would mean relocating, something I cannot commit to at this time. Ring them Yoshua you idiot!! - I cannot find a contact number anywhere simply an address, I could write but before I do I thought I would try here. So - Has anyone done their training anywhere other than 'Down South'? Anyone currently se…

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  12. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    What do they check? any ideas my credit rating is ok, not superb only debt i am in is my overdraft and student loan, i dont have a mortgage or any other loans or credit cards what else do they check? thanks

    • 20 replies
    • 6.1k views
  13. duff_beer

    isit 25 for numerical and 31 for verbal? plus what are the time restraints for both thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 471 views
    LittleSisterchen
  14. Frankiex
    Started by Frankiex,

    Hi Does anyone know what the April start date is for The Met? Also, how much notice do you get of your training date? I am waiting for mine! Thanks

  15. PCWantstobe!
    Started by PCWantstobe!,

    Hello everyone, I am due to carry out my assessment centre on the 22nd of April and wanted to know what are the required pass marks? I know that you must get at least 50% on Race and Diversity as scoring below this will be a fail but I want to know can I fail the maths test but score well in others and pass with an overall score? I am applying for Essex Police, their overall pass mark is 50%

    • 2 replies
    • 939 views
    LittleSisterchen

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.