Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. duff_beer

    just out of curiousity or is that not allowed?

    • 3 replies
    • 367 views
  2. mac1
    Started by mac1,

    Hi guys wondering if anyone can help , i just did my day 1 for the met police and failed by 1%, I’m trying to find out if my results(see below) are good enough for the MOD police if so i would like to transfer across ,I’ve had a look at the website but they don’t have a telephone number for recruiting only an address. so if anyone has the number i would really appreciate it many thanks Mac Overall 54% Respect for race and diversity 67% Oral communication 100% Written communication 56%

    • 5 replies
    • 610 views
  3. Parkesy
    Started by Parkesy * ,

    Hi, anyone applying to Sussex who did their a/c back in October 08? I passed the assessment centre last year but took ages to get approved by occupational health after a minor shoulder op. I have my fitness test on 30th April 09 and then the medical but I have been told today that I will not be starting in October 09 as previously advised; now I will not start until April 2010!. I'm gutted as I was ready to start last year. Would like to hear from other recruits in a similar position in Sussex or elsewhere. Cheers, Parkey

    • 1 reply
    • 532 views
  4. higgz123
    Started by higgz123,

    hi someone told me you find out if you have passed ur day2 on the actual day itself, is this true? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 168 views
    bristol bouncer
  5. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Written Communication 89% Oral Communication 100% Race and Diversity 67% Overall 64 % Im quite happy with the result, especially when I thought I hadn't done very well.

    • 3 replies
    • 564 views
  6. downs523
    Started by downs523 * ,

    i start april 27th with TVP. I was wondering what study books i could buy before joining, to give me a heads up. want to get something that i wont get when i join so i dont waste my money! thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    who feels confiednt that they have passed the met assessment centre !! or any other assessment centre ??

  8. laura1986
    Started by laura1986,

    i have my day 2 on tuesday, and last week i put all my stuff together ready, went to get it photocopied today and my passport has vanished! i have looked everywhere. my question is do i really need it? they have seen it already, so can i go without it? thanks in advance. laura

    • 3 replies
    • 558 views
  9. celiab1
    Started by celiab1,

    Hi All, I have a question about the role plays. For example: A female came to me complaining that her supervisor has made racist comments about her.... Would I tell her I am sorry she is upset etc etc and I would talk to the Supervisor in question to get their side of the story and take it from there OR Would I take it that she is telling the truth and say that what this Supervisor has done is wrong - etc etc!? Hope this makes sense ...... Many thanks!! celiab1 A/C - 21st May 2009! Posts: 16 Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 pm Private message

    • 4 replies
    • 384 views
  10. chelt1
    Started by chelt1,

    Good Morning, I am in the process of completing my application for the MDP and was just wondering if anyone on here could give me a little more insight into what they do and what i, if successfull, may be doing on a day to day basis. I am aware of their overall role but just wanted to know how that breaks down to the individual tasks of a new probationary Officer on a day to day basis. I am aware of course this may largely depend on postings and the requirements of that posting but i just wanted to have something with a bit of weight to write in the question 'Tell us what tasks you expect to be undertaking as a police officer' that relates to the MDP, as i know they di…

    Tony Hayes1546620444
  11. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    Hi all, I have just transferred my application to join the police to the met due to my original force only taking on a limited number of recruits this year. I am a serving soldier and most if not all parts of my training were up to a high standard and if you were unsuccessful at any test or exam you were either back squadded or if you were really a lost cause you would be put forward for a discharge as being unfit for role. Does ths happen for police training?

    • 13 replies
    • 2.6k views
  12. arky
    Started by arky * ,

    Hi, I need someone to tell me where i can fidn the 15m beep test, the link to southyorkspolice is down and that seems to be the link everyone posts. Cant find it anywhere except paid for sites. Please please help. Thanks Arshad

  13. cat162
    Started by cat162,

    I've just received confirmation of passing the paper sift and have just been given a date for the PIR Tests next Friday. I was just wondering whether it would be a problem to change the date of me attending as I'm not free next week? I certainly didn't expect to hear this quickly back as I only sent my form in 7 days ago!!!

    • 11 replies
    • 443 views
  14. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Hi all, I have just put together a new forum for D&C police and police wannabes to share info, recruitment and training tips, as well as info on the local area etc. Feel free to sign up, and I will be improving it over the next few weeks! www.dcpoliceonline.co.uk geebee

    • 5 replies
    • 646 views
  15. Keving112
    Started by Keving112 * ,

    Hi all got my final interview with strathclyde police next month anyone got any helpful hints or tips Thanks Keving112

    • 0 replies
    • 142 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.