Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Anyone know the answer to this? I know about pay, pension etc, but just wasnt sure how much holiday you start with and how it goes up J
-
- 5 replies
- 425 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am due to start in july, and have my awareness day on may 18th. I have to take a 1000 word autobiography so they can learn more about me. Has anyone done this? I have drafted a copy and have talked about where i grew up, family (brothers and sisters etc), work history , hobbies and interests and why i wanted to join the police. Only got 750 words, any tips, or what have i missed? Thanks in advance
-
I'm currently at the application stage for PC for sussex police just waiting to hear if i have been succesful at that stage, but im just wondering if im able to apply for a police staff postion at the same time. thanks for the help guys!
-
Hallo I've my A/C with the Met next month and i'm planning answers to possible questions. I want to use a the example of a situation that occurred when I was a member of a jury about five yewars ago but I have no idea whether or not I'm allowed to talk about the case. The court does advise you not to discuss anything with anyone at the time of the trial but is that just until the case is over? I don't particularly want to break the law during my interview. Any ideas anyone?
-
Hello Everyone, Managed to pass GMP assessment in March after failing previously, so congratulations on those who passed this time and for those that didnt rememeber there is always another time, just keep working on the areas that you scored lower on. i know it seems a long way for the next opportunity but it actually comes thru quicker than you think and i needed all that time anyway to get better in the areas i was weak on! anyway, to get to the point... i have my final force interview shortly and want to access my original online application form and as I didnt print a copy out at the time I dont know how to access it. I kept the passwords but dont know wher…
-
Hi Can anyone who has done the A/C tell me if the written tests in the books The police selection process The new police selection system Are the samples scenarios in these books the same at the A/C or are they completely different as im trying out a few written tests and at the same time worrying about them. If they are different how hard are they?. I know you cannot say too much about the A/C . Sorry what I mean do you get more information than these books give you.... Cheers in advance Darren
-
i am about to goto the a/c and i was wondering if i could change one of my referees? it is my manager, i wanted to change her to one of my university teachers, but the thing is my second referee is already a unversity teacher, do they need at least on employer referee? or not?
-
Hi guys n girls, im new to this so be gentle. Basically my application has been passed to the vetting stage at the start of the week for Strathclyde Police. I have a couple of queries. My credit file has 3 defaults from when i missed payments over a year ago when i was off my work due to a broken leg and was only receiving sick pay. Id never checked it before until now and im worried that this might go against me?? I have since not missed payments on them, but i was unfortunately was made redundant in november from my old job. So now ive contacted my creditors to lower my payments from £140 a month to £70 as im on jobseeker allowance. My question is should i contact …
-
-
When do the financial checks get made for Wiltshire as I have passed the application stage and now waiting for a date for the assesment centre?. If anyone can help who have applied to wiltshire that would be great Thanks Darren
-
Hi I am new to this forum so hello! I was basically after some advice really. I just wanted to confirm with regards to actually gaining an Met Police app form you have to attend one of their events? How often do these events occur and also is the met police site the best place to keep an eye out of when they do? Thanks
-
Hey folks, Just some advice really as to what I should put down on my medical form (when it comes through). Back last year sometime, I think, I went down the doctors due to having had constant stomach aches and this was making me feel like poo, getting up and feeling so ill everyday. Had previously been given some medicine for IBS but this hadnt worked so the doctor assumed it was depression as I had had the other tablets and hadnt felt better and gave me some anti-depressants for this although I had nothing to make me depressed or even upset. I took these for some months with no effect at all, still feeling like crap everyday but was told they would take a few months …
-
Anyone had their letter yet? Im still waiting..........
-
- 25 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey there, I've just got my start date for June for Lothian and Borders. I have a driving licence but haven't actually driven for the past 8 years. I'm going to take some refresher lessons closer to the time of actually driving a Police car, which leads to my question: Do you have a course in driving a Police car at Tuliallan or does that happen later on? Cheers in advance, Chris
-
Hi all Just wondering if anyone has up to date knowledge on the Tayside Recruitment for new Police Officers? I'm considering applying and wanted to get my head around the timescales involved. In particular I'd like to know approximately how long from applying to starting assuming there are no delays caused by my availability for each step of the process. Also, what is the likely time from application to Assessment Centre? It would also be nice to hear from anyone else who is interested in Tayside Police, is currently in the recruitment process or who has recently completed it. Kind Regards Rich