Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    I am planning to pay off £3,500 of my debts in one go .i.e. pay off my 3 credit cards and the rest paying off some of my overdraft. Would it be necessary to call vetting and tell them this or will they have done all the checks by now considering the stage I am at (see below). Any help appreciated, thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 377 views
  2. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hello all, the big day is looming (next wed) and after being very pleased with my problem solving response for the interview, I'm now not so sure. Just wondered if anybody fancies having a look at it via pm to give me a second opinion. It might be that I'm just getting nervous, but I would rather somebody take a look while I still have chance to re-write it. Thanks for looking. Rich

    • 1 reply
    • 287 views
  3. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    Does anyone know where i can find practice papers for the numerical part of the assesment centre. Ive been searching the web all day and i'e come across nothing =[ Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 209 views
  4. SSGSSG
    Started by SSGSSG,

    Hi, I had several epileptic fits which ended when I was 5 years old, I was on medication for a few weeks and ever since then I havn't had any symptons of epilepsy and no longer on medication - I used to be a police cadet and have all the Duke of edinburgh awards so I'm more than capable of physical endurance - Do you think I have a good chance of passing my medical? Thanks, BobSSGSSG2009-04-25 16:23:14

    • 4 replies
    • 462 views
  5. jboymans
    Started by jboymans,

    hi, i was just wondering if any of you had any idea on how long we have to wait before we get our start date for the met, i just passed my medical and fitness test. joe

    • 6 replies
    • 742 views
    Messy1546620448
  6. spanish89
    Started by spanish89,

    I applied to be a special in surrey police force last year, got offered an assessment day date for in 4weeks, but then1week before that date i got a letter saying after re-reviewing my application they were withdrawing tha.. :( I ofcourse felt extremely confused and sad, as ive got no criminal record or anything like that, and at the time i had no bad credit or anything either. Its now 1year on and after spending the last 11months working self employed and seeing that the only career thatd id ever wanted and planned since i was 8years old of working in the police, is still the only career that i want for my life. So im planning on applying to be a PC in the Met. Che…

    • 4 replies
    • 900 views
  7. stevew71
    Started by stevew71,

    Is anyone else applying ? Forms need to be in by Friday, just wondering if anyone else is hand delivering Thurs / Friday. Now written out the competence questions 4 times in rough just need to do it for real now !!!

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  8. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    I'm just wondering if in the math test are you allowed to make notes on scrap paper at all? thanks so much

    • 3 replies
    • 177 views
  9. jrob1986
    Started by jrob1986 * ,

    I dropped out of Uni in January because it wasn't for me and I've always wanted to join the Police. I applied in February to join Sussex Police and have to attend a recruitment day in June. The thing is, I'm 23 this year and desperately want to go traveling. I'm working full time at the moment, and it takes a year to actually get into the Police, so I'll be working for another while yet, and will have saved up quite a bit of money. I was wondering though, after/if I do get in, would it be possible for me to defer my post to the following year? I know some Police leave for a year or so, go traveling, and then rejoin. If I get in, would it be possible for me to leave after …

    • 5 replies
    • 626 views
    sykes1545925530
  10. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    do you think it would be possible to put the day 2 off for a while. i got my day1 next week, which should mean if i pass i will have the day 2 mid june, however i will finish uni at the end of may and got plans to travel for 3 months. so do you think doing the day 2 in september would be a problem? as far as i know the vetting starts after passing day1 so by september the vetting would still be doing on, so in theory i should lose out.

    • 1 reply
    • 312 views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  11. gus999
    Started by gus999,

    Hi all, Iam asking this question on behalf of someone, I think that we all know that if you have CCJs outstanding its a no goer, however does anyone know the situation with an applicant who is financially blacklisted etc, will the application be rejected at the vetting stage? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 529 views
  12. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All As it says in the title im not going to make it to the assesment centre. All because I have one county court judgement from 2004 and a couple of defaults. I spoke to recruitment today to dicuss this with them as I had passed the the competency section on the application form. I didnt want to take a space up on the assesment centre if my ccj was going to come up after and stop me getting in. I did disclose this information on my application form so was very suprised when they said I had got through that stage. So I now have to wait until tomorrow for them to go back through my applicaton and decide what will happen. They did say it would probaly result in my app…

    • 3 replies
    • 296 views
  13. bennyboy_760
    Started by bennyboy_760,

    Hi, I currently have an appication going through with essex police. I have completed the day one and completed my fitness test a few weeks ago at chelmsford. I am currently awaiting my fitness. However I have an issue with my references that I am a little worried about. Basically when I first filled out my application with the Met (transferred application to Essex) I gave two references, who were at the time my current employer and my previous employer. Since I first wrote out that application I have been unfairly dismissed from my current employer, to which I am appealing, and I have gone back to my previous employer. My problem is, I dont want them …

  14. Danielle86
    Started by Danielle86 * ,

    Does anyone have any advice or help on what I should expect from the first interview? I am over thinking things and to be honest I am making it worse for myself! I have my interview on 12th May and feel I am not ready at all and I think I am studying all the wrong topics.

    • 2 replies
    • 366 views
  15. A87
    Started by A87,

    Hi peps, Just like to know if anyone has any examples or if you know where i can get them from to practice my written exercises? Also, anyone have any useful tips and advice which they would like to share? Chears

    • 2 replies
    • 286 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.