Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    Passed the medical yesterday for Essex Police. So now just waiting for the start date.... Cant wait! Another 3 months? Anyone know the next induction dates, after the May 1st ones?

    • 3 replies
    • 384 views
  2. YorkshirePud
    Started by YorkshirePud,

    Ey up, Just got results from A/C and got 55% overall but as Kent Police has a 60% automatic pass score I have an interview with a 2 person panel, atleast 1 of which will be a serving officer. The covering letter says the interview will focus on community and diversity issues to help the drive towards Neighbourhood policing. Any1 else out there in the same boat and any tips on what to swat up on in particular bar the obvious. Any help would be much appreciated. Good luck 2 any1 else in similar position as myself. Cheers

  3. sachaakakim
    Started by sachaakakim,

    Hello All Just wondered if there was anyone on here from L&B due to start on the 28th April? Cheers, sachaakakim

    PCG1546620491
  4. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    HI all dec apps has anyone been given a defernate a/c date yet. Or does anyone know how soon after they give you the a/c date the a/c could be.

  5. plastic fuzz
    Started by plastic fuzz * ,

    Evening all, just a quick question, im currently a PCSO in lancashire but applied to GMP (pc) last year, I passed my papersift but was unable to attend the last assesment day due to work commitments. Ive tried asking my supervision this question to no avail... how do i go about transfering my application over to lancs for when they next recruit? is this possible...? thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 433 views
    plastic fuzz *
  6. ManchesterKathy1546620192
    Started by ManchesterKathy1546620192,

    Just got my medical appointment through. 30th April - much sooner than I'd expected. Anyone else heard anything yet?

    • 8 replies
    • 418 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  7. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hello all! I'm new to the site, just found out on saturday I passed my a/c so obviously I'm pretty happy! Just a quick question, would really appreciate any help. Does anyone know how and what they check in regards to previous time off sick? I had 12 days off all in 1 occasion last year when I broke my wrist playing football but had no other time off at all in the previous 3 years. I did provide a doctors note to my employer at the time too. Just wondered if this could possibly have any negative impact upon joining. Would appreciate any help, thanks, Mark

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Stuk
    Started by Stuk,

    Hi All, I have a problem and need some advice. I have been accepted for Lothian and Borders police and have been given a start date in June. My soon to be ex-boss has not replied to the reference request. The recruitment office called today to say that no reference results in no confirmation letter. I was told previously not to resign until I get the confirmation letter as no letter means no job! Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks to all. Cheers Stuart

  9. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    i haven't yet anybody else?

    • 0 replies
    • 207 views
  10. lcol981546081060
    Started by lcol981546081060,

    http://www.blackhawkvideo.com/flashlights.html Night Ops - Gladius Does anyone have one of these? If so, what do you think of it? What is the range? Check out the videos on the website, it does look good!

  11. Jimbo83
    Started by Jimbo83,

    Any info welcome, J

    • 4 replies
    • 856 views
  12. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Assessment Centre...if you fail, do you have to go right back to the pre recruitment evening, application form etc stage? Or is there a chance to 're take' the assessment centre?

    • 6 replies
    • 371 views
  13. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Hey guys iam just wondering would it be worth applying for the police when iam only 18 years old, i mean i know they want you to get some life experience and all first but i really wanna do it now (no time like the present), iam in my final course at college and finish in june. Also iam wondering what other jobs would help me to get in more, Sam

    • 6 replies
    • 723 views
  14. soulreaper
    Started by soulreaper,

    Hello all, I'm contemplating transferring to Nottinghamshire Police. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what its like in general in terms of a force, either from a beat or DC point of view? Thanks very muchsoulreaper2009-04-29 20:15:45

    • 0 replies
    • 815 views
  15. johnlarner
    Started by johnlarner,

    Hi All, I thought i'd give you all a rough outline of my assesment centre experience at Ryton yesterday. Firstly I think my first mistake was that I revised and prepared for it too much. I wouldn't usually do this (didn't revise much for my degree) but I wanted it so much and I thought good preperation was the key. My advice to anyone would be to just get a basic grip of the relevant police competancies, other than that to try and just go in as relaxed as possible. I personally thought the Test Centre was excellent. The staff were kind and helped us along nicely at a decent pace. Fast enough to keep your mind ticking but slow enough for you to relax somewhat. I don't re…

    • 12 replies
    • 733 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.