Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I've got my fitness test on the 8th of May, just wandering what date i could be expecting as a start date? Also has anyone else got their fitness test on the 6th of May? Borat

    Panda Pusher
  2. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Find out on tuesday if i've passed my day one or not and starting to get nervous does anyone else find out then or does anyone know if they always come on the day they say or will I be aiting abit longer?

  3. Sticky
    Started by Sticky,

    Hi, I sent off my application form on the 16th Feb. 2009 and toady I received a CASA form . Any body else received one? I heard it is a good thing if you get one, as that means they have not binned it! Fingers crossed x Sticky2009-02-21 10:08:44

  4. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi I am still awaiting a start date for GMP, I was hoping for the May intake. I have called recruitment numerous times and have been told that they "would like me to be on the May intake but they are still working on my file and to just wait for a call". I some people who were at the same stage as me got calls 2 weeks ago confirming a May start date so I am getting a little worried now. I asked recruitment if it was anything to do with vetting/references and they said they were just doing the "things that they do in the background" ??? (they wouldnt go into any detail) Im hoping it is just a case of leaving me to the last as I have no notice period to work? but who k…

    • 0 replies
    • 189 views
  5. thornysoul
    Started by thornysoul * ,

    Hi, I've got through the initial sift and been invited to attend for interview and an assessment for a police staff job - Research and Consultation Officer at Cambridgeshire HQ on 8th. Thing is, my confidence is shot from a couple of interviews for other places I've been through recently. I find the whole process intimidating, terrifying and sweaty! I never seem to be able to pull the bits out of my head that I need to, when I need to. Which is bizarre, because actually I'm really clever in a socially inept, nervous hermit kind of way. Anyway, I really need this job, and I actually really want it too - it's by far the most interesting job I've seen for a while. So I nee…

    • 3 replies
    • 244 views
    thornysoul *
  6. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Had my day 1 for the MET on the 8th April and i'm meant to find out my results today. Rang vetting to see if anything had been flagged up or anything and I wasn't on their system... worrying. The general consensus on here is that if they havent recieved your vetting after your day one you're in the pan. Should I be worried?

  7. Machasma
    Started by Machasma * ,

    Just a few..quite a few questions about Essex Ive just got my fitness test date through - June 27th (09) Has anyone else got this date? How long typically after Fitness and medical testing are start dates? I was told up to 18 month wait but was just wondering what other experince of this is? Little concerned as im yet to move to the county, ive heard training is not residential. Not sure what the best way round it is. At what stage do you find out where you will be based? Is there help with relocation, accomodation etc? Any info on accomodation, shift patterns, best areas, candidates with same ish dates etc would be most welcome :-)

  8. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    Hello Everyone I got my results through for hertfordshire constabulary. Their pass mark is 60%. I achieved 58%. But if you score between 55-59% you are asked to come back for another interview, which lasts 45 minutes to an hour, about competancies etc etc. I am delighted but also a little dissapointed as i missd out by 2%. If i do not succeed within this force what other forces are out there where i can go through with my pass mark? i am aware that the Met are 55% and Thames Valley are 50% any others you know? Plus i dont know how this interview is going to go, so i am pooing myself But hey 58% is not bad at all, i passed the national average, just a shame that i…

    • 4 replies
    • 736 views
  9. evanjonesaber
    Started by evanjonesaber,

    Hey all, Just a quick question. IF I pass my day one assessment centre, and fail my eye test, but make it clear that I am willing to get corrective surgery, would I have to go through the whole procedure again, or would my day 1 pass be valid after the surgery? Would they keep an offer open for me if I went through with the surgery? Does this depend on the force (for info, it's the met) Thanks, Evan

  10. pegaz
    Started by pegaz,

    Hey guys! My medical is on 1/06/09. Is there anyone else with the same date?

  11. Brian23
    Started by Brian23 * ,

    Hi all. Im From Rep Of Ireland and av applied to join the police in the uk, I have being in contact with a recruitment agent via email and recieved loads of info, But im worried bout 1 thing. Finance Checking. I have an Outstanding Bank Loan €1400.00,and i have missed a few payaments on this will this be a big problem. Im really worried about this as everything else is perfect. Also what other checks r involved. Id really like feed back on this Many Thanks Brian

    • 3 replies
    • 201 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  12. lana7979
    Started by lana7979,

    just thought i would let you all know that north yorkshire have started recruiting today for a week! Bit earlier than I thought as i work as a special within the force. good luck to all that apply

  13. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    HI all, i've been thinking about my reasons for joining GMP in relatio to my final interview) and whilst i have got a few good pointers (potential for specialisation and promotion due to size of force) and some good examples of examplary work from "Brief" magazine, i was wondering if i've missed anything blindingly obvious? Is there particualr area where GMP has more to offer than another force?? Any thoughts?

    • 6 replies
    • 339 views
    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  14. Kay9
    Started by Kay9,

    Hi all, I have just seen on another forum site that some forces have a strict 'no make-up' rule in place? Is this true for the MET? I may have to withdraw my application if this is the case, I look like death without it! Kay

    Well Advised
  15. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    Ive just done my first timed maths test just to see how i did, and i was shocked. i only managed to do 12!! im not amazing at maths i will hold my hands up to that, but i did realise how slow i was. Does anyone know the pass mark for the maths section? Any tips and hints to speed me up would be great to! thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 545 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.