Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Apply to be a PC and PCSO at the same time, so say merseyside were recruiting regular PCs at the end of this month and i applied, then they opened recruitment for PCSOs about a month later could i apply for that also. Would this affect my application at all i only ask just incase i failed my recruitment stage first time for a regular police officer and i would have something to fall back on in the mean time untill i could apply again, Sam

    • 3 replies
    • 506 views
  2. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hello, Has anyone ever heard of anyone transfering forces whilst still a Probationer? Ta

    • 3 replies
    • 605 views
  3. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all My name is lee and i have applied to join norfolk constabulary as a pc. Just wondering if there is anyone who has recently had their fitness test; i had mine on april 17th. I am now awaiting a date for the assessment centre. All contact ive had with recruitment has been very positive and although it hasnt been long since the fitness test; im wondering if anyone has heard anything or is in a similar position. Lee

    • 0 replies
    • 101 views
  4. nr01
    Started by nr01 * ,

    I have just found out that I have my SET test next week! I have tried the past papers online but would like a little more guidance. I am too late to get the past papers of the internet ! Any guidance, no matter how small would be welcome. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 387 views
    wannabe1546620469
  5. su
    Started by su,

    soooooooooo excited, finally got the letter i have been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views
  6. sweetsoutar

    Applied last September for Merseyside police and got a letter to say i had passed the application form process and will hear about an a/c date in time..? Everyone seems to have had theirs and im still waiting. Is anyone else?

    • 1 reply
    • 317 views
  7. williameaton
    Started by williameaton * ,

    Hello everyone, First time I've posted here so apologies if I'm asking an old question. Can anyone tell me the timetable for teaching at Tulliallan, specifically what time on Friday does it finish? Cheers Bill

    anneritchie65
  8. jobe
    Started by jobe,

    Hi. If all goes well and everything is passed training for the Met is done at Hendon yes? While training, is there on-site accomodation or do you need to find somewhere local to live as I will not be able to travel there each day.

  9. jonathanC1546620488
    Started by jonathanC1546620488,

    Hi guy's, Can anyone tell me what the 14 weeks at Weathersfield is like, ie how the training is given, Is it 4 weeks of this and 5 weeks solid of that etc or is it more like college, broken down throughout the whole time? Also how was the firearm's and civil order? I cant wait to get into that!! Cheers in advance jonathan

    • 1 reply
    • 421 views
  10. A87
    Started by A87,

    Has anyone filled in the skills questions from quesions 6 onwards? confused on how and what to put down

    • 1 reply
    • 177 views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  11. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I'm nearly at the end of recruitment just one stage left then i'm in. I applied two years ago, and recently as everything has started to come togetehr i've been getting second thoughts. I'm mainly worried becuase some of my family don't think i'm right for the job, i think becuase i'm not some meat head who they associate with the police. I'm also worried that i might not be able to hold my own when i get abuse from the crims, concerned that it will effect me emotionaly or i won't know what to do. I keep thinking of all the positives for joing the police, learning something new, getting out of an office envirmoemnt, doing a complelty different job, helping people, …

  12. BobbyBB
    Started by BobbyBB,

    Hi All Well the long wait is finally finished and I shall be starting my training on Monday with about 6 other members. And for those still waiting on dates for farious tests hang on in there as there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is well worth the wait when you recieve the letter in the post Has anyone any advice/words of wisdom for us trainee constables please? Cheers Bobby

    • 2 replies
    • 800 views
  13. bubbleboy
    Started by bubbleboy * ,

    Only read this post, if you have concerns about vetting (and if you have a spare hour)! Background: Applied to W Mids Police Oct 2007 Passed assesment day with West Mids June 2008 Transferred appliction to Met Police June 2008 Paid 3k for laser eye surgery October 2008 Passed Day 2 at Hendon Nov 2008 Passed Vetting and background checks January 2009 Start date at Hendon Feb 2009 Having used this forum to answer some of my questions and concerns over the last few months, i have to say that in some cases it hasnt been helpful to me at all. Whilst there are certain parameters that recruitment have work within, all applications are assessed on an individual basis on…

    • 7 replies
    • 10.1k views
  14. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Starting on the 11th...a police friend of mine said I am on the system and I have an email address. Finally I know it is official. I am going with "2 ears, 1 mouth - use them in that proportion" as a guideline. Any other sage advice for a new starter?

    • 3 replies
    • 628 views
  15. thai
    Started by thai,

    HI ya, more worries from me. I'm not sure how to work out my sickness records bradford style. Right I think this is correct. 2008 had 2 days out from work hospital confirmed laryngitis. After july2008 I have been in college so i dont know what they use as a scikness record there 2007 i was in the middle of moving away, so I am not sure if I was on record at work or not as they didnt contact me. I fell on the way to work on the tube steps after it had been raining, got sent to hospital for the day,was sent home to lye down for 2weeks as I couldnt walk more than a few steps alone. 2006-i was told to take 2 weeks off by the doctor for being over tired and burnt out. I wa…

    • 4 replies
    • 513 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.