Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sunnie1990
    Started by sunnie1990,

    Hi everyone Just a quick question. My application is due in on Wednesday, and I'm sending it off today (due to getting hold of my referee) if it is there tomorrow or Wednesday will they even bother accepting my application? cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 426 views
    jemz1546620088
  2. klo306
    Started by klo306,

    < ="CONTENT-" content="text/; charset=utf-8"> < name="GENERATOR" content="Office.org 3.0 (Win32)">< ="text/"> Hi all, I am pleased to say that after almost year of jumping through the various hoops of the selection & recruitment process I have finally been accepted as a Special in Lancs and have been given my start date for training. Here is my question. I have some family down in the West Midlands and I am currently toying with the idea of moving down there in a few years and was wondering if it was completely unheard of for a special or regular (which i some day hope to become) to transfer temporarily (1/2 weeks) to a different consta…

  3. Deeseejay
    Started by Deeseejay * ,

    Hello! I'm currently applying for a PCSO position at Northumbria Police, still dealing with the vetting process but i'm pretty confident that it'll all go smoothly. It only really just dawned on me in the recent weeks, that I need to start training for the fitness test. Now i'm not the fittest creature on earth, or the thinnest. I have a BMI of 27.5 and don't run or anything like that, so I'm a tad unsure as to how to start. I'm currently dieting, i've lost about half a stone and i'm going to start running tonight. Has anyone maybe got any advice? Will I realistically be able to get ready for the fitness test? Is it too little too late? I'm a little worried but i'm yo…

    • 4 replies
    • 398 views
  4. Hazleuth
    Started by Hazleuth * ,

    Hi all, I have my final board interview on the 8th of may with the Norfolk Constabulary. A 10 minute presentation is required of me and whilst I am confident that I can do a decent one I am really nervous about the questions that will be asked after. I am really determined to get this, any tips or advice anyone can give me?? Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 657 views
  5. steve001
    Started by steve001,

    Hi Folks, I know during the interview process diversity is a common topic for discussion. Does anyone know the by-the-book way to approach a question along the lines of hearing a collegue making a racist remark. Is the right course of action to : 1. approach them - remind the officer it is offensive language and could cause disciplinary action or 2. report the incident to a superior officer or 3. Both cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 626 views
  6. billy nash
    Started by billy nash,

    Is anyone going to the assessment day on friday the 8th may?

    • 6 replies
    • 394 views
  7. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not you get scrap paper for the maths test? Maths isnt my strong point and I was hoping i could do quick workings out first? Help would be appreciated

    • 5 replies
    • 168 views
  8. Paddybj
    Started by Paddybj,

    Howdy anyone who is due to attend the April 29th A/C for the MOd Police. I will be there and can't wait to meet you guys. I passed the paper sift way back before christmas and was due to attend the A/C on february 3rd but it was cancelled due to that extreme snow. I was devestated. But within 5 days I recieved a nice letter from the MOD and a new A/C date for April 29th. I cannot wait,I want this really bad and have been trainning really hard. Judging from alot of the posts I have read on here you are all good guys and I'm sure you'll all do well. I really look forward to meeting you guys.I'm going up the day before the A/C. Great to be posting on here.

    para-signaller
  9. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi everyone Just to let you know I'm starting my training on 29 June as I'm unable to start in May. Anyone else starting on the same day?

    nicolatt4kidz
  10. mrwalsh69
    Started by mrwalsh69,

    Finally Finally, i have my start date, anyone else joining me on this date?

    • 4 replies
    • 632 views
  11. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    I've been reading some vetting scare stories, as you do. I have some unsettled defaults on my credit file. If Im accepted, I would be well into clearing these come any start date really. However, is this game over

    • 5 replies
    • 716 views
    george76271546620128
  12. bob_hoskins1546620468
    Started by bob_hoskins1546620468,

    Hi there, Anyone thats starting on the 26th May from Kent, how are you going to get there every day for 8am. Will anyone be driving up? Is everyone staying at the section house? Please help as I can't decide what to do. Cheers Bob

    bob_hoskins1546620468
  13. stephenf
    Started by stephenf * ,

    Hi A newbie here! I am in the process of filling out my application and I am finding the advice on the boards really helpful, however it's also a bit confusing. The Strathclyde (Scottish) application is a bit different from the standard English one and I was wondering if any applicants to Strathclyde (or any other Scottish force) could give me a bit of advice. Some daft questions, some not so daft... ;-) In the special skills section, is it better to write an essay of sorts or just list bullet points? I am also unsure whether it should be about what I do in my job just now and those skills, or whether it should be just about general stuff? Or should I be telling the…

    • 3 replies
    • 363 views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  14. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    was just wondering for those of you who have done the fitness - Did you see any overweight people there? I play rugby so i'm quite fit anyway, yet i'm over on my BMI by 31. My friend who's now a serving officer said not to worry as there was quite a lot of blokes who were on the big side on his fitness and medical, and they actually got through and are now also serving as officers - I've heard the BMI has changed anyway, there's now a limit of 32? But still, i'd rather be bang on 30! I'm 5"9 and I weigh 15 stone x

    • 4 replies
    • 483 views
  15. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    anyone else going that day, would be great to meet up with some people to calm the nerves? its at 8am in the morning though!!! i live over an hour away by train so i need to leave my house at 6 am!

    • 2 replies
    • 135 views
    Flunky Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.