Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. spice007
    Started by spice007,

    Hey, I passed my AC with 71 % in Feb and ive heard nothing since then. Its so annoying! anyone else in the same boat?

    • 0 replies
    • 265 views
  2. Manchester
    Started by Manchester,

    Hi All, has anyone on here been confirmed for the May intake, if so when did you get the call? Is anyone on here still awaiting the final call? Does anyone know what the process is once your final refs are completed (how they come to making you a offer of employment)? I have heard the consultant builds a file submits it to their line manager for approval. Cheers

  3. A87
    Started by A87,

    Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone else is going to be attending the support session on 27th April at Empress State Building?

    • 17 replies
    • 353 views
  4. robfish72
    Started by robfish72,

    Good afternoon all I have recently passed the application form for South Wales Police, only to be informed that I had not been selected to attend the assessment day. Out of the 800 applications that passed, only 192 were randomly picked for assessment day. Due to the economic climate. the next recruitment drive at SWP is not going to be for some time - and my application will be considered again. Firstly, will my passed application form hold until the next recruitment? Secondly, am I able to use my application in applying to another force? Many Thanks Rob.

    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. coxy3
    Started by coxy3 * ,

    Hey Guys, Just a quick question, does anyone know the time scale from passing Day 2 to getting a start date for training (Met)? Any replys on this topic will be greatfully received, thank you. Coxy

    • 20 replies
    • 556 views
    spanik1546620485 *
  6. sgt wilson
    Started by sgt wilson,

    Well this morning at eleven fourty five I passed the sussex police fitness test,I am sooooo pleased,its been so long since the assesment centre I was getting a bit fed up with the waiting! I found the tests ok and managed 6.7 on the beep test,67kg on the push and 72kg on the pull,I didnt go mental on the tests as I figure that when it comes to testing again later in training it will make it easyer to improve! One guy did11.6 and was totaly shot after !he is gonna stuggle to improve on that as he was fit as a fiddle. Next up is the medical and i have been told they have all my paperwork in so hopfully not too long a wait for that.

    • 12 replies
    • 629 views
  7. A87
    Started by A87,

    Hi Guys Just wondering if anyone else is going to attend the support session on 27th April at Empress state building?

    • 5 replies
    • 462 views
  8. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    Are these two things seen in the same light? EDIT: meant to be DRO not CRO

  9. G.I
    Started by G.I,

    Hello, Im sure many of you will be pleased to know that i passed my assesment centre and am over the ***** moon. What i want to ask is this. The first time i applied, before my first a/c we got given forms to fill in. Security forms about my family, also asking me if i knew any terrorist. This time around, all they did was re-activate my application and send me straight to the assesment centre. which i passed. Will they use the same forms that i filled in before? Or will they send me out some new ones? Im worried becuase my brother has applied several times and been rejected at several seprate stages. Im just curious. Any clarification will be appreciated, also do the…

  10. sclarkiow
    Started by sclarkiow,

    Hi all I have received my results and achieved 57% with the force i applied to wanting 60%. I have been invited to a second interview later next month. My question is that if i fail this interview does that rule me out from transfering my assessment centre pass to another force. I am more than happy to transfer my results as i am looking to join any force as i am looking to set up shop elsewhere from home.. I am pleased that i am still in the game as i came out of the assessment centre telling myself that i had failed on the role plays so i was shocked to find i did not completly make a mess of it.. Any ideas on the topic would be welcomed. Thanks x

    • 5 replies
    • 438 views
  11. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    I am aware that the written has a pass mark of 44% race and diversity has to be 100%?? are the interview and role plays marked and given an dual score and the verbal and numberical marked and given their own dual score? which they then make into a one score?? anyone know how its marked and the pass marks for each? thank you

    • 8 replies
    • 963 views
  12. rachmc9104
    Started by rachmc9104,

    Hi there all! I have recently passed the first stage of my application process and am awaiting a date for my assessment centre. I have had rather a poor attendance record at my place of work and obviously regret this as I worry this may affect my application success. However, South Yorkshire have given a possible date of appointment as the middle of next year which means around a year from now until my possible appointment. Their policy is as follows: An applicant will fail to meet the attendance criteria if:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> · They have been absent for more than 7 workin…

  13. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Just wondering can other family members convictions stop you getting into the force, would it help if you got your second name changed, Sam

    • 5 replies
    • 651 views
  14. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hello all, I've been practicing the written proposals again tonight and it has raised yet another question. If you find that you're running out of time for the report is it best to wrap it up and get the "yours faitfully" in? Or would it be better to plough on and leave it unfinished - if you have more points to get down? Any ideas would be great. Thanks for looking. Rich

    • 3 replies
    • 229 views
  15. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    HI All - struggling with this one **JUST LIKE TO SAY NOW**: i am not looking for an exact detailed responce nor do i expect anyone to discuss the answers they've submitted in their final interview but... Im really struggling think of an example of problem solving. My example for the A/C is actually better for "personal responsibility" Im really stuck as to where to draw inspiration from from this one - one pointer i was given was to think of a time i've helped to resolve an arguement (i.e remaining impartial / looking at both sides of the agruement) any ideas/advice, guys????

    • 0 replies
    • 163 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.