Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. nunchaku182
    Started by nunchaku182,

    Hi everyone, at the moment I'm a Police Science Student in Glamorgan Uni but I am not enjoying it very much. A friend of mine has just applied for South Wales Police and got in, I would love to apply for their intake in September. The only thing is I will only be 19, only a year of experience from my degree. I have alot of life experience I am planning on calling upon to help my application because I've been told my past could help me. Do I stand a chance? Have any of you applied with little experience? How have you faired? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

  2. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    Hmmmmm Ok well i shall say this I am a little bit confident of the written communications, it just seemed 20 mins was way too short, but i concnetrated more on solutions rather than blabber on about the scenarios The verbal and numerics went ok, i think i should have at least passed them The role plays went ok, i think on one of them i could have done better but on all the others i kept talking and only stopped when there was about 20 seconds remaining, i tried to ask as many Q's as possible and re assured them that i would sort it out. THE INTERVIEW - not so confident, the lady was listening to me, but towards the end of my answer, she was ask me a question and some…

    • 13 replies
    • 764 views
  3. ThomasN99
    Started by ThomasN99,

    Hi all, just making a post asking as to whether you feel it would be worth my while applying again for Strathclyde Police. I applied last year, i passed my SET and my fitness assesment however i failed my initial interview in September when they deemed i hadn't done enough research. Im not going to lie, i wasn't confident going into it however i was still gutted all the same and there isn't a day went past where i haven't thought about the disappointment. I will be eligible to apply again in September, however the more and more i think about it the more and more i become dismayed. Not only will i be nervous as hell for the interview, but the more i read here the more …

    • 3 replies
    • 546 views
    alexh1546620200
  4. Solskjaer20
    Started by Solskjaer20,

    Anybody in Cheshire currently that can give me the heads up. I am filling in the forms for Cheshire and any help would be excellent and time scales. I am born an bread Cheshire and have lived here all my life. Only and idiot like me would commute 2 hours daily and about 500 miles a set to work REALLY, REALLY need to make this work and get home. Especially when I drive passed Crewe Police Station on the way to work within 0.7 miles of leaving home

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  5. mac1
    Started by mac1,

    I'm gutted just got my results through Overall 54% Respect for race and diversity 67% Oral communication 100% Written communication 56% can't believe i failed by 1% , so i have to wait 6 months before i try again and i bet they wont be recruiting in 6 months smileys/smiley7.gif" align="middle" /> mac12009-04-01 17:46:03

    • 3 replies
    • 919 views
  6. Joeyy
    Started by Joeyy,

    Hi Just a quick question regarding the application process. I'm now 31 and since the middle of 2005 I have had a real poor work record. I've basically gone from job to job and with long periods of unemployment. I was looking to join the Police and was wondering if this would seriously harm my chances of getting accepted? Thanks Joey

  7. Elise1546620386
    Started by Elise1546620386,

    Hi, I have my SET + Fitness test next Tuesday the 21st at 17.30. I have been reading various posts for the past few months about the “famous” 1.5 miles run, however I’m still unsure about some of the following points I would be very grateful if anyone could share some of their experiences. Track Layout: Is there a designated track or do we have to run around a building? Laps: How many laps do we have to complete in order to achieve the 1.5m? Warm up: Is there enough time for warming up? Are we able to run on the actual track prior the test? Medical/BMI: What sort of medical tests which we are require to undertake prior to the run? I understand the main test is the…

    • 10 replies
    • 668 views
    Gargoyle1546620480
  8. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi everyone, I have my assessment day on the 29th April. Just wondering if anyone else has theirs on the that day? Cheers for now, Phil

    • 12 replies
    • 377 views
  9. TangoOscarMike
    Started by TangoOscarMike,

    Hi all I have my medical soon with Lancashire Constabulary and wondered what the session would involve; are we required to do press-ups/touch toes for example? Thanks in advance TOM

    • 3 replies
    • 250 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  10. ChewiesDad
    Started by ChewiesDad,

    So, I'm off to NPIA Ryton tomorrow and I have one final phone call to make to them in the morning, unless of course anyone here knows the answer to my question. Is there car parking at NPIA Ryton? If anyone does know that would be one less thing for me to concern myself with! Cheers, Chewiesdad

    • 28 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, Just wandering is there a blog or sanything which details what happens during the training and probationaty period? Also do West Midlands Police require student officers to do a degree whilst in the probationary period?

    Jaydee1546620346
  12. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, I'm wondering if it's worth doing a bit of studying before starting at Tulliallan. I've got the impression that those 15 weeks are pretty intensive and so thought maybe it's a good idea to get a head start. Would people who are at or who've been to Tulliallan recommend this or would it be better to just wait until I get there? If you think it's worth getting a head start what book/books would you recommend? Thanks for any comments. Chris

    • 4 replies
    • 597 views
  13. NicholasAngel1546620428
    Started by NicholasAngel1546620428,

    I passed my final board interview for Norfolk Constabulary this moring. I am absolutely buzzing. Massive thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. Your help and guidance has been awesome. I can't wait to start my dream job!

    • 12 replies
    • 507 views
  14. o0Callie0o
    Started by o0Callie0o,

    Well I failed. The inspector told me that I was the strongest candidate they'd seen in a long time and that I had all the skills they are after in Norfolk Police. He also told me that it was clear that I want to do the job and that I have prepared myself for the next two years. He also said that I had convinced them that I want to do the job and why which apparently is very hard to do but I made one comment that caused concern. He had asked me about respect for race and diversity in Norfolk and why it was important. I said that it is important in Norfolk as we have such a diverse population, more so than when I was growing up. I was talking specifically about the Polish…

    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi all - just wanted to see if we could get one post - Poor MandaPanda had to write on 3 threads! Mind you, with her news, I don't think she was too bothered! So shove all your junk on here if you want want to get a running commentry as we entre the next phase! Ex donkey man, but not lover! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.