Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. pound
    Started by pound,

    Hiya, Got my final interview for GMP in may. Just wondering if anyone knows,can the interview panel only pass a certain percentage? or,is it just a case of,if you are good enough you pass!!

    • 3 replies
    • 219 views
  2. davmar1
    Started by davmar1,

    If I get to the vetting stage of the Strathclyde recruitment process what crimes of a family member can affect this stage as my brother has recently had a couple of minor cautions and warnings including a fine for urinating in public, and a petty assault, I have let him no uncertain terms that his stupidity could cost me the chance of a career I have always dreamed of, if anyone can give advice this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks David

    • 4 replies
    • 648 views
  3. Lambert_2009
    Started by Lambert_2009 * ,

    Hey all... Ive just been given a date to go for my fitness test and my Medical.. I was just wondering does anyone know at all if we are required to get 'Naked' for the Medical Examination?? If anyone knows could they let me know, it would be greatly appriciated! Thanks! Lambert_09

    • 6 replies
    • 374 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  4. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    I have to fill in whether I have had this jab. I have not. Does this matter? I know I would need to get it coming into contact with people but I have never had this jab and do not know whether I am immune from it. Will this effect my chances of getting in as I have not had it? Any help guys? peace.

  5. welsh cop1546620467
    Started by welsh cop1546620467 * ,

    i am considering transferring from CARDIFF: which CNC site would be closest? I would also like to know about living arrangements. Is there any accommodation on site?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    isit just a prelimanary check on any criminal records? arrests? cautions? charges? and the rest is completed in vetting? or isit ALL done within vetting i just think its pointless taking someone all the way to the vetting stage for them to find out their caution has caused their application to be rejected

    • 1 reply
    • 448 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  7. Noogs
    Started by Noogs,

    anyone starting with Northumbria in March?

  8. sean1983
    Started by sean1983,

    Hi people, passed my medical today, got my start date - 6th of april. Who else is heading to tulli in april.

  9. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi Everybody, Just a quick question... I have decided that I would like to transfer my application from Suffolk to Norfolk, mainly because now I have moved, a Norfolk location would be better for me. I have put in for a transfer, but does anybody know how long or have they experienced how long it can take one force to transfer the papers to another, as I have heard nothing back yet, and just wondered whether I will be waiting weeks or months! Thing is, the recruitment from Norfolk have said that if they get my papers soon, then they have spaces for final interviews and medicals in April/May, so this would be good, but I just dont know how likely this is. Hope someone…

    • 11 replies
    • 708 views
  10. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hey there I had my final interview today and I passed. I'm very excited and my start date is in June, which is just around the corner. I only submitted my application in January and so i'm really chuffed at how little time it's taken. A big thank you to anyone that's given me any advice along the way. It's been much appreciated. In return, if I can help anyone going through the Lothian and Borders process then please let me know. Here's to the start of a brilliant career. Chris

    • 3 replies
    • 474 views
  11. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    Hello everyone, I've just noticed that South Yorkshire Police are going to start recruiting again in the near future for anyone who is interested in that force, although they state that they have "no immediate vacancies". See their recruitment website for more details.

  12. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All Received my letter yesterday to confirm that I have passed the application stage. I have my A/C sometime in june, not been given exact date as yet. If anyone has any useful information that would be great. My weakest points at the moment are the written tests as im not sure how they are to be wriiten out and the role-plays concern me. I have been doing lots of study and will continue to do so. So if anyone has any additional info that will help i would be very grateful. Thanks an advance Darren

    • 2 replies
    • 246 views
  13. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    how long on average is the length of time to the start date for PC both as a pcso and not... can n e one shed any light ?? thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 774 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  14. Rifleman4798
    Started by Rifleman4798,

    Hi, Got me medical with Essex police 15th May, Anyone else got theirs the same day? James

    • 6 replies
    • 370 views
  15. far-famed_wolf
    Started by far-famed_wolf,

    Have just got my results back and have been told that I was unsucsessful because I only got 33% in the written communication. Im Dyslexic and havent writen long reports by hand since I was at school 7 years ago. (I used a compter at University.) I recived Respect for Race and Diversity 65% Oral Communication 100% Written Communication 33% Apparently although my over all score was a pass I had to get a minimum of 44% in the written communication to be sucsessful. Am not a happy buny this evening.

    • 15 replies
    • 915 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.