Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. yanqui
    Started by yanqui,

    Looking at police application forms, there is a declaration regarding use of illegal substances. Now, as some of you might know from my other posts I'm not looking at joining the police force, but it did bring up a question for me: Is this declaration more to do with bringing everything out in the open or will it prejudice your application? And if it does, would limited drug use still prejudice your application? Either one is fair enough, because I don't think that someone who has used a lot of drugs would necessarily be suitable for the police force (though, would they be applying?). Barring people who admit having tried cannabis would probably limit the pool quite a lo…

    • 8 replies
    • 885 views
  2. AB-G85
    Started by AB-G85,

    Hi folks Well I just had my initial interview and can't help feeling I may have buggered it up!! I answered all the questions the best I could but maybe it’s just me being nervous about the result. Was just interested to see how others got on in their own interview? Did you feel like you didn’t do well but still got in?? It would be nice to hear others experiences! Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 690 views
  3. DaveeJames
    Started by DaveeJames * ,

    I'm finishing college this May. I always wanted to become an Officer, but my family have been advising to get a university degree just in case. I understand that they want me to a plan B, but I never wanted to become anything else than a copper. I would like to hear your taught, thanks. And is it possible to study part-time in university while undertaking police training?

    • 7 replies
    • 663 views
  4. evanjonesaber
    Started by evanjonesaber,

    Hey, just got my day 1 results back from the met and missed out - had 54%. Am gutted I heard about transferring applications to forces with a 50% pass mark. Does anyone know which forces they are? Any info appreciated.

    • 5 replies
    • 811 views
  5. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    I have recently completed my application form for sussex, and I am waiting to hear back. But feel that im likely to fail. Im considering university if this is the case, as it seems the general advice given to younger applicants on here, to get some life experience Any ideas on a good university course to choose? Has anyone completed a criminology or police studies degree? Are recruiters likely to prefer a degree from a top ten university to a university in the top 50, or is it completely irrelevant as a degree isnt necessary to join?

  6. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Assessment days<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> We have had a lot of questions from people seeking positions as police officers or PCSOs in these threads. A lot of people are concerned about what will happen on Assessment Day and we have had a lot of questions about what to expect, and people want to chat about it. There is a difficulty with this though, and that is, the nature of the questions and role-play is confidential, and candidates sign an agreement to not divulge anything that goes on during Assessment Day. However, one or two people have forgotten this, or have thought that it only applies during th…

  7. jayp
    Started by jayp,

    i fracture my arm near wrist on thursday at football training, it was a totally freak accident and i have never broke anything before. i have past my medicals for 2 forces, ironcally only a few days before, 1 for pcso and 1 for constable, with differnet forces. my cast will deffo be off for the pcso start date but i'm not sure about the constable... after passing everything will they just discard my application, i'm relly worried some advice would help?

    • 5 replies
    • 594 views
  8. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    The D&C Force newspaper has an interesting article following an intake that started in September last year. Should be useful for some! http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/v3/new...oard%201-20.pdf

    • 1 reply
    • 430 views
  9. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    Just wondering how many of you out there who are past the tutor phase feel like they know what they are doing,lol Im in week 3 of tutored patrol and feel like im suddenly out of my depth. Dealing with people etc im fine with but all the different forms and computer systems and cro numbers,incident number, crime numbers, guardian reference numbers, compact, command and control etc,etc just doesnt seem to be sinking in. I feel like every day im having to ask my tutor the same questions everyday. Is this normal and if so when does it start to fall into place?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. CheekyMonkeyyou
    Started by CheekyMonkeyyou,

    Hi all.. Just been reading my feedback from GMP which i received yesterday. It says that I passed the minimum national mark and that Iam eligible to transfer my application to other forces... However, overall I received 48%, 57% for race and diversity, 100% for oral communication and 67% for written communication. Seems like they are contradicting themselves? Does anyone have any ideas?

  11. jennyhbk
    Started by jennyhbk,

    I have my fitness, medical, and interview on 29th January to transfer to MET my old force. Is there anyone else going down that day

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Could some kind person please list the terms they have to learn in training? Think there might be 20 or so. Or email the terms and definitions if they have them electronically! Thanks in advance!

  13. AllanParker1985
    Started by AllanParker1985 * ,

    Hi Everyone, I have recently completed my day 2 at the assessment centre and am pleased to say that i have passed everything. I am now awaiting my start date subject to passing the vetting procedure. I was hoping to speak with other applicants or serving officers who know more about the procedure and fancied networking. Very exciting yet anxious times, looking forward to doing the job i have wanted my whole life. Thanks everyone look forward to speaking with you. Cheers Allan

  14. loo-eeze
    Started by loo-eeze,

    Hello, Can anyone point me in the right direction please! Hubby started April 6th with Strathclyde. He will end up in Tulli May 4th but has recently found out that Tulli closes for 2 weeks in June so not sure if anyone experienced this last year? Guessing he will be out in division at this time as he wont have accrued many holidays to get that time off, any ideas of dates when it closes? Also, its very hard for me to get time off and I really dont want to miss out on his parade! Any ideas when this is likely to be with the dates I have given above, any help would be much appreciated!!! Lou x

    • 4 replies
    • 707 views
    anneritchie65
  15. matty_28
    Started by matty_28,

    i got my letter today informing me that i failed the gmp assessment centre but as i reached the national minimum of 50% i can transfer my application to another force with the lower pass rate that i achieved. does anyone know if this can ever be successfull? and if so what forces have this lower pass rate so i can look into transfering my application asap. thanks very much.

    evanjonesaber

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.