Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. o0Callie0o
    Started by o0Callie0o,

    Hi guys, I'm currently waiting for my AC results but have been provisonally booked to have my final board interview on the 15th of April. My main concern is that since Feb 2008 I have suffered from alopecia and because of this I wear a bandana.....Does anyone think this is going to pose a problem? Through out each phase, no one has asked me why I wear a head scarf or commented on it but I am paranoid that it will effect my application. I had two trains of thought when going to my AC... 1, I wear a wig and pretend from there on in that I have hair and if i do get through have to carry on wearing the wig. 2, I wear a bandana like I always do and hope it makes no differ…

    • 10 replies
    • 403 views
  2. mattyt
    Started by mattyt,

    ive got my fitness test tomorrow lunch time for west mids, its the final test i have to do, ive been waiting nearly two years for this! typically i was messing around on my nephews trampoline today and smashed my heel on the steel rim, i am struggling to walk, its completely black and blue already and the guys at my gym say it will get worse over night. i think im going to pack myself with pain killers and run through the pain, ive waited too long for this! (and i dont want to be in my current job anymore, so i cant have any delays!!) ill report back tomorrow to let you know how i got on!! i phoned recruitment and they have said the next available spaces are in june, i…

    • 19 replies
    • 798 views
  3. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Finaly less than 24 Hrs before i'm awaiting nervously. I have been waiting patiently for what seems forever and now it's here I'm now nervous. Didn't think i would be as i feel I have prepared myself as best as possible. Bring it on! :smiley_vomit:

    • 8 replies
    • 289 views
  4. joewm18
    Started by joewm18,

    Hi all, I'm currently waiting to begin my training at Hendon for the Met on 26th May. Remembering back to my paper application, there was an option which allowed you to join on to the 'High Potential Development Programme'. If I remember correctly, this is only available to applicants with a university degree (which I'm fortunate to have), I didn't tick the box for this option at the time - mainly because I knew nothing about it... While I know I'll have shedloads to learn about being a PC in my 2 probationary years as it is, I'd like to think that after this time - moving upwards or sideways is something I'd definitely like to persue. What I am wondering is, what is…

    • 16 replies
    • 960 views
  5. section54
    Started by section54,

    I have the Police Practice Papers 1 & 2 available free to anyone applying to L&B. Especially welcome is anyone who maybe failed the SET on the first go. I found these practice papers invaluable they where much closer in level of difficulty to the actual papers on the day than the samples found on the force website. The booklet also contains helpful hints and tips. As said no charge, just sharing the love. PM me if you're interested.

    • 4 replies
    • 352 views
  6. TW87
    Started by TW87,

    Anyone out there starting on monday? its all getting a bit real now! getting a little excited!

    • 6 replies
    • 614 views
  7. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    i got a 10 on my application form, which was a pass, but does this mean i just scraped through?????

    • 4 replies
    • 574 views
    toro rosso1546620414
  8. ozzyb
    Started by ozzyb,

    Hi all, i've just done my Day 2 for the Met and was told that people are being held back in the Met and the orders are from TPHQ, any one else waiting for a date to start. and can anyone explain how they can hold people back under what rules etc. i've been a PCSO for 6 years and finally i have passed but after being told that once my file is complete, which normally takes up to 6 weeks, they cannot give me a start date until TPHQ have cleared it. jut wondering if there was any way of going round that or challenging this, one of the easy options was to leave the job but u would still have to get another job and all that other stuff. any ideas???? Thanks Oz

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. CheekyMonkeyyou
    Started by CheekyMonkeyyou,

    Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong section.. I have recently received the results of my assessment centre from manchester police...it says that I have not met the forces minium requirement of 54%; but I have met the minimum national requirement of 50%. It says that I can transfer my application to another force has retained the minimum standard. So basically, I`am wondering which forces have a lower pass standard and more importantly how to go about transferring my application? I'am willing to relocate anywhere to get in... Thanx Alan

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. chunk83
    Started by chunk83,

    http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/Top_ten_articl...mentid=15605677 The burgeti def does it for me (if spelt it right)!

    • 4 replies
    • 742 views
  11. Messy1546620448
    Started by Messy1546620448,

    Hi, I know there is a Sticky already on vetting but i could not see or find anything with Employment vetting in it. I have just had my pack through today with all my details and forms prior to my Met start date. Looking on the Declaration form it has an employment section and asks you to detail any employment not previously declared etc. I do have some work that I did not put in my application or any form up to this stage, as I worked for agencies whilst having another job at night (which was my main employment that i have declared all the way through the application process). I worked at one of the agencies for about 3-4 months and another for about 3 weeks, both were…

    • 5 replies
    • 471 views
    Messy1546620448
  12. A87
    Started by A87,

    Hi Guy's. New to the forum, but i have been reading all the posts for the past month, so i have plucked up the courage to write my first post, as i have my Day 1 for the Met in May. Just for the people who have had there day 1 already, just wondering if you have any tips and to see if you have any practice papers or any other stuff you can send me. I am really nervous (as everyone is/will be) but i just need to gain my confidence. Im more worried about the interview and the writing responce. Have a good Easter and looking forward to the replies

    • 1 reply
    • 179 views
  13. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Phhew, glad to say thats out of the way :) Had it 8:30 this morning, and all bunged up with a cold so could hardly talk when infront of the ACC!! Ah well done and dusted lol, was an experience.

    • 0 replies
    • 747 views
  14. ESX_Hopeful
    Started by ESX_Hopeful,

    Hi Guys, Anyone know of any good books,guides or DVD's that may be worth purchasing, i have just got a letter from Essex Police saying that i have got through to the assessment centre, and am now thinking time to study as i know that my spelling and hand writing are not the greatest. Any ideas guys ??

    • 10 replies
    • 637 views
  15. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    if i pass the assessment centre do you think i will have enough time to get laser surgery done just incase i fail the eye test, i am -5 in both yeys but can see the second line down (6/36) unaided, if i squint, any ideas people? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 395 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.