Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Campini82
    Started by Campini82,

    Hi all, I'll apologise in advance but can anyone help me out with an uncertainty I've got for my initial training with the Met. I'm told that you're not allowed to take any leave during your initial training (which I can understand) however can anyone clarify if this means you can't take leave for the first 5 weeks residential training at Hendon or if you can't take leave for the full 18 weeks initial training.. or more? I only ask as I could potentially be starting in early July however I have 3 weeks holiday booked at the start of September. If I can't take leave in the first 18 weeks then this would mean my start date would be put back to when I return from holiday …

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    Just got the results yesterday, exactly a month after my Day 1!! Talk about keeping ya waiting, I'm sure like the rest of ya my heart was kicking out a couple of hundred extra beats a minute!! Still ya don't mind so much when ya pass do ya!!! Only just got through, overall of 56%, ha. Ah well, not really bothered how I passed more so that I did!! How's everyone else got on? Was anyone at Hendon on the 18th Feb for their Day 1??? Buzzzzzzzzzziiiinnnnggggg!!!!!!

    • 10 replies
    • 651 views
    CharlieWhiskey
  3. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    Hi all doe's anyone no what the GMP pass% is..... .............

    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Mr So Special
  4. jamie22
    Started by jamie22,

    Hello, i have my initial interview soon, so i was just wondering what i am possibly going to be asked?

  5. fido1546620302
    Started by fido1546620302,

    Is their different level of fittness requirments for mature applicants, or is everyone expected to be as fit as fleas? I'm 43 and no way as fit as I was 20 yrs ago. If so, how does that manifest itself at the fitness test?

    • 8 replies
    • 356 views
  6. jessica123
    Started by jessica123,

    I'm so upset, literally crying i got 53% overall RRD: 62% Oral Communication: 100% Written Communication: 89% i dont understand as i got the minumim required ....i got offered Special Constable but not pcso as i was hoping if i didnt make it

    • 29 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. opentoall
    Started by opentoall,

    Just thought I would see if any body else has there day 1 selection on the 22nd of April 2009? Also, is anybody else bricking it???? Answers on a post card...................................

  8. ChewiesDad
    Started by ChewiesDad,

    Hi all, not sure if this is obvious, or if I've missed the answer elsewhere, but it's playing on my mind a bit. I'm no report writer, in fact I'm not much of a writer full stop. My spelling is very good, grammar, average to good, but I just don't have any experience in structuring reports as I have never had to write them (that's what you get for being a designer for nearly 15 years...). I was wondering if it was allowed to take in notes you'd already done, into the written tests. Just a list of bullet points so that I get my structure right and so that I don't miss anything out. The sort of thing I'd want to take in is simple - along the lines of this (with thanks to H…

    • 8 replies
    • 350 views
    mattwoodfield
  9. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    I am a 31 year old father of two and have passed all stages for the police recruitment and thought I was in until a phone call today from vetting… They say I received a caution in 1999 when I was 21 for trying to influence an election and being disruptive. This is NOT me and I have NEVER received a caution or have any idea what they are talking about. At this time I was working as an assistant manager for a company commuting 100 miles a day. The only time I have ever voted is when I was 16. If I received a caution wouldn’t they have taken my picture and photo? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

    • 10 replies
    • 586 views
  10. standby-one
    Started by standby-one,

    I currently work on response in Manchester (GMP) typically when deal only with grade 1's & 2's. We all carry crimes, we have a page that has usually about 10 - 15 crimes all under active investigation, for example if i attend a report of an assault in the street i have to: * Take a victim statement. * Locate and arrest offender * Interview offender * Organise Viper/Witness 2000 etc if offence denied. * CCTV trawl * House 2 House * Further statements * File build * Gp to CPS I usually have 5 or 6 of these on the go at any one time plus dealing with simpler caution/reprimand/FPN jobs, this is also as well as responding to calls as they come in which inevitabl…

  11. lois lane
    Started by lois lane,

    Hi just wondering if anyone else is doing their fitness test on 1st april at tally ho!!

    • 9 replies
    • 256 views
  12. JP7
    Started by JP7,

    Just a quick question for those who have recently joined the Regulars, how long after you received and accepted your job offer did your training begin? How much notice were you given?

    • 6 replies
    • 798 views
  13. meg79
    Started by meg79,

    Hi guys I actually passed my FIB last week YIIISSSSSS!!!! After two assessments and a year of hard work and waiting, I am actually nearly there! I know that one of my personal referees has already been contacted and I am now waiting for the date of my full medical (already had my weight, hearing and eyesight tested). Does anyone have any idea of the timescale for Leicestershire? If I pass my medical, how soon is it when I will likely start? weeks, months etc...?? Getting a little exited now, although I'm not letting myself get too carried away until I get that letter of acceptance in my hands. Just got to wait a little longer. . . Cheers for all your help, Meg

  14. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi, I was just wondering what happens when your force cancels all leave. I heard again on the news that MET has cancelled all leave for Wednesday. So what happens when this occurs?. For example say I had booked a 2 week holiday with my girlfriend and then the MET decides to cancel all leave, surely I would be left out of pocket as I cannot go on the holiday?.

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  15. corgilol
    Started by corgilol * ,

    Hi, i'm new here, and 15 yrs old:)(16 in july) I want to join the police, preferably when i am 17, but im not sure what the chances of me gettign in would be? At A level, i have chosen to study Geography, Maths, Business economics and ICT, are these sufficient?? Eventually i want to join the traffic section, and i am aware that i must complete the 2 years probation period first. Any tips, on how to improve my chances of getting into the police force, or any useful info to me, i would greatly appriciate it! Thanks, in advance.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.